Just wondering between thus skills inside GvG.
I used both with my monk, and founded both have their flavors and drawbacks. I use myself a kinda LoD/Infuse monk inside GvG's and wonders what other thinks about these skills.
Enchantment spell. Usefull for taking off 1 hex every 12 seconds and for Pre-veiling.
- 5 energy cost to cast
- 12 seconds recharge
- Taking off 1 hex only at a time
- can't be cast when you are hexed with shame
- triggers anti-enchantment hexes
- pre-veiled target can be stripped
Signet. Usefull against hex pressure builds for taking off many hexes and conditions at the same time for 10 energy a hex and condition.
- Can be cast when you are hexed with shame
- Takes off many hexes at the same time
- Can be used against conditions, but not very usefull for this job
- It's a signet, cost no energy to cast
- Cost 10 energy for each hex and condition you toke away from target ally
- 20 seconds recharge
- Doesn't trigger Divine Favor
- Can't be used as pre-veil
- 2 sec casting time
I started to use Purge signet after we fought some hex pressure builds. Also see enough top-guilds use Purge Signet, not that that change me to use that signet also.
I fought a euro-spike yesterday what used 3 mesmers with diversion chains and some knockdowns... Against them I would be better off with Holy Veil instead off Purge Signet.
I see myself a bit more flavor in hly veil then with purge signet, but not sure why some (can be read also as most) use purge signet above holy veil and wonders about the reason why you choosed for holy veil or purge signet.
- Fianty Hybrid