PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GW2 ascalon

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Sorry for the dubble post but i fount something:
    The years have not been kind to Tyria. Even so, as green plants grow over the scorched rocks of Ascalon and the waters recede from Lion's Arch, a new city rises and the shattered coastline gives way to new life. New adventures lurk around every corner, and ancient places beneath the surface push up, their doors opened to reveal lost secrets.

However, the massive power of the dragons has been unleashed, spilling across the land like a disease that twists everything in its wake. Unless they can be stopped, the dragons will change the face of Tyria irrevocably, eradicating the sentient races . . . to what end, we can only guess.

Time and tide have changed the world. The races of Tyria now stand on equal ground, fighting for superiority even as dragons far older than history—truly primal powers—awaken to claim the world in their bloody claws. If there are heroes left in these lands anywhere among the races, it is time for them to step forward, if the world is to be saved.

Someone must rise to seize glory, offer a moment of hope, and perhaps give the world one last chance for peace. If those who would be heroes are listening . . .

. . . Now is your time!

I think that Ascalon will be lush and beautiful again...250 years is a long time. Unfortunately, If I remember right, the Charr pushed farther south and control just about everything outside of Ascalon City itselft...which is now inhabited by the wandering spirits of the King and his men. So, I think it will be back the the beauty of pre-searing, unfortunately, I don't think we'll get to enjoy it like many are hoping for...that is, of course, unless you roll a Charr in GW2.

As i read the Charr totally take over Ascalon besides Ascalon city, so i read it on the wiki... but who knows it could change by the time its released

During the attack of the searing, yes they did take much of Ascalon.

In any case I'm expecting differences as opposed to Pre-sear but other wise, as the description states, life has returned. I'm just assuming we'll see those crystals still around.

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    You Can count on that.
    they will be overgrowth with plants

Ascalon region will indeed be green and bountiful, unfortunately Ascalon will no longer be under human rule. The Char will reign supreme in the region that was once Ascalon. How far the Char will rule is unknown, since I believe they conquered all of the southern lands and possibly near the Krytan region. It is possible that the Char is at war with Joko and the undead army, since they have manage to push themselves north, conquering all of Elona.

I think I read somewhere that Kryta too have long perished under the constant civil war between the Shiny Blade and the White Mantle, however; it is unknown how the fledgling human colony (The survivors of the Searings) faired. It is most likely they were annihilated and any remaining survivors now reside in the extreme north near the eye of the north, possibly taking refuge under Norn rulership.

Keep in mind that I believe Joko's evil grasp has reached the shores of Kryta as well, the last remaining human haven. In reality we will possibly see the near extinction of every human being in Tyria. One thing for sure the humans are scattered abroad throughtout the land. Many I believe residing in the extreme north, possibly Krytan's have migrated along with the human remnant.
    Last edited by Black; 09-02-2008 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Ascalon region will indeed be green and bountiful, unfortunately Ascalon will no longer be under human rule. The Char will reign supreme in the region that was once Ascalon. How far the Char will rule is unknown, since I believe they conquered all of the southern lands and possibly near the Krytan region. It is possible that the Char is at war with Joko and the undead army, since they have manage to push themselves north, conquering all of Elona.

I think I read somewhere that Kryta too have long perished under the constant civil war between the Shiny Blade and the White Mantle, however; it is unknown how the fledgling human colony (The survivors of the Searings) faired. It is most likely they were annihilated and any remaining survivors now reside in the extreme north near the eye of the north, possibly taking refuge under Norn rulership.

Keep in mind that I believe Joko's evil grasp has reached the shores of Kryta as well, the last remaining human haven. In reality we will possibly see the near extinction of every human being in Tyria. One thing for sure the humans are scattered abroad throughtout the land. Many I believe residing in the extreme north, possibly Krytan's have migrated along with the human remnant.
    Er..Black, I take it you haven't read the Movement of the World, right? There is still a human kingdom in Kryta, along the Divinity Coast there is a city called Divinity's Reach. Basically the last bastion of humanity in the Krytan region.

Palawa Joko has shown that he rules Elona, but he has taken only Vabbi. Kourna and Istan remain his vassal factions. And actually, he hasn't shown to be a corrupt evil ruler. He hasn't turned hordes of humans into undead, and in fact has enlisted some in an army alongside his own. That army being made up of the descendants of the Ossa line. Another army, to hunt down the Sunspears, made up of converted Sunspears, is called the Mordant Crescent.
    Oh, and also, we don't know how far Palawa's power goes from Elona, other than that the seat of his kingdom is somewhere in the Crystal Desert.

The Norn were driven out of the Northern Shiverpeaks into the now abandoned region the Dwarves once occupied and are at war with the Dredge. The Charr have not been observed going into the Crystal Desert, and remain in the Northlands and the Ascalon region. They still fight a war with the Ascalonians at Ebonhawke Fortress where the Blazeridge Mountains and Shiverpeaks merge.

And there's your lore lesson for the day.

It depends since it only has patches of grass and the unknown timing effect of the searing crystals it maybe just a little greener and thats it, with of course the possiblity of the whole geography of tyria to change we just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    civil war between the Shiny Blade and the White Mantle,
    XD that sounded something from a kiddy show lol

anyhow maybe by GW2 Charr and Human have established a truce, although the charr have taken over I think the charr would allow them to at least have some freedom

I don't think so, the Ascalonians ain't most likely too happy with the Charr. King Adelbern raised an army of spirits simply to keep Ascalon out of Charr hands... and given their long history of Charr and the humans, I doubt they're gonna be peaceful negihbours.

There's still a war, maybe not as intensive as in the olden days but not peace either (my guess).