PC Gaming News
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the bomb View Post
    i found this yesterday i love for anet to see a mmo that is really rpg. This guy is very much thinking rpg. I would love to see something like this but way better. this what happens when you aim to make an rpg game.

this will be anet compiation and the future of mmorpg's. This what gw2 will be up agisnt.
    http://www.gametribes.tv/index.html?movie=BCK00024#top

http://www.gametribes.tv/index.html?movie=BCK00020#top

this is just the tip of the iceberge, i hiope you see what I am talking about. this the best exmaple I could find and on a video for you to see.
    The graphics are definitely impressive. I hope ANET finds a way to make the graphics better while only slightly increasing system requirements due to an ultra efficient engine :-) What I think is more important is that ANet thinks about something I found FPS developpers are starting to want to push: emergent game play - giving players true choice in game-play in their gaming environment.

With all the pretty pictures, I have not seen a single mmorpg try to think along these lines. Could ANET revolutionize the field by introducing similar concepts into GW2?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Just grabbing some idea's from other games I played and adding a few of my own:

(In-Town) Duel's - Kal Online had this, was great fun at times. Ofcourse, it isn't always fair between different professions, but you'll just have to tweak your skillset :P

Quest Log/Diary - So you can actually read back on what quests you have done, with small summary's of the actions & conversations you have done.

Day/Night/Weather
    - Think Zelda: Ocarina of Time. But let it change day about every 2 - 3 hours. Weather can be applied randomly and heck, maybe add a forecast :P

"The Krytan Herald Newspaper" - Can add to the above, just for fun, the weather for the next few day-switches. The Scribe can do this, adding honorable deed's, Event details or "new quests". Or calling help for the Random Events (Like that dragon destroying a bridge they talked about). It can inform people very fast about what's going to happen. Will lessen the "how to get mask" questions if they cna just buy a newspaper for 10 - 15 gold.

Other Travelling Methods - If there's a river, let it be used by a boat. If it's an open field, let there be mounts. If a giant mountain is in the way, rent a Saltspray dragon or go mountain climbing :P

Dual Wielding - ROSE had a few of these. There were swords which you could use separately and from those swords there were a few combinations which resulted in Dual Swords.
    For Guild War's mechanic sake, add in an option to pick two blades and add a "Dual" option to it. No, this will not result in a 44 dmg sword, but make it on par with daggers. You can choose whatever mod/inscrip of the 2 swords this new "Dual Weapon" will have. Maybe make it automatically customized with some extra damage.

Two-Handed Swords - And make em Big :P *cough*
    Giving up defense for more offense basically. Shouldn't be too hard to implent. Can be on par with Hammers.

Crests - Don't be forced to have your guild emblem only on your cape! Be proud of your guild and let a blacksmith put a crest on your armor's chest or shoulders.

mikey the brave

Guild Wars 2 Ideas

Hi i have a few ideas that i would like to share with everyone about guild wars 2

1. different lands

each race should have their own home land wher only that race can be and then there is a main huge island where each race foghts for a temple of a tower and whoever has it can use some srt of power.

2.tribes made up of guilds and the tribes can build frotresses and walls etc. this will add a lot of depth to the game as well as strategy.

3.detailed character customization like tatoos armbacds stufff like that .

thank you for reading this and of you have any question email me at coolperson52@yahoo.com

Town Clothes

Since they have not been mentioned in this thread yet, I thought I'd bring up the town clothes - clothes that would appear on your character once you entered a non-combat area.

Town clothes are one of the things that (according to Gaile) was actually in the works for GW, but that I assume got canned later. I think they would be a great way of further customizing your character.

---

Town Clothes would have no AL, and would only be used for the sake of cosmetics. They would provide a way of customizing your character beyond just wearing the armors of your chosen class. Let's say you play a mesmer, but you prefer the looks of necros - and that town clothes would let you take on a more necroish look (if you wanted to). Or just be clothes that would make your character look more laid back when not fighting.

This would basically be an extension of the festival hats we have today, but obviously there would have to be a better way of equipping/wearing and storing them. Ideally, you wouldn't have to unequip your armor to wear your town clothes - that the armor would automatically be replaced with your town clothes once you enter an outpost.

---

Possible pitfalls:

Since we don't know yet how GW2 will work (with its greater level of persistancy) this idea may very well fall flat on its face, since the line between combat and non-combat areas may be a lot more vague.

There may be tehnical reasons as to why the town clothes were never introduced to GW in the first place. I imagine they could bloat the game files quite a bit.

This idea sort of crosses over into the realm of "disguise kits", a suggestion we've had for GW a couple of times before. If there are town clothes, there may not be disguise kits, and vice versa. If both were put into the game, it would make sense that both used the same technical mechanic.

matishalin
    Now this next little bit is going to sound crazy, but hear me out first. Slaves. Yes I said it. Now let me explain, I thought it sounded crazy the first time I heard it too. Think about it like this. Most guilds cannot afford the thousands and thousands it costs to do the basic upgrades we have now. If every time your guild won a guild battle you "captured" a number of the people you defeated and made them mine or farm for your guild. They could have a daily income they bring in for your guild, not in gold, lets say in guild points or something. All upgrades could have a guild point purchase price and a gold purchase price. This would allow PvP only guilds to get upgrades as well as PvE guilds. I know this would never be implemented, I just thought when I heard it, it would allow the PvP guys who don't farm gold to get the same stuff we PvEers get.
    Cant be bothereed to read whole thread but love this idea.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalanor Thornhale View Post
    The graphics are definitely impressive. I hope ANET finds a way to make the graphics better while only slightly increasing system requirements due to an ultra efficient engine :-) What I think is more important is that ANet thinks about something I found FPS developpers are starting to want to push: emergent game play - giving players true choice in game-play in their gaming environment.

With all the pretty pictures, I have not seen a single mmorpg try to think along these lines. Could ANET revolutionize the field by introducing similar concepts into GW2?

yea i think your right too. anet should take some the ideas from crysis and bioshock when making gw2 to make the world more real

for eamxple
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZq3j13w-OI&NR=1

GWOnline.Net Member
    anet should maybe try to take some of these ideas from this game to make a much better game for gw2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5y4h8m9dE

I am not sure what GW2 will be. Therefore, I will just make a general suggestion concerning skills:

When coming up with skills, also consider skills that affect the energy of nearby enemies with double-edged effects. Drawing a GW1 analogy:

Energy Surge:

Each foe in the area of target foe loses x-y energy. Target foe gains x-y energy. For each point of energy gained beyond the max, target foe receives a-b points of damage.

Enervate:

Target foe loses x-y points of energy to each foe in the area. Target foe becomes weakened.

Something in that direction.

Also consider the following distinction:

Spells against a specific foe require LOS or Astral vision to target foe. While areal spells require LOS or Astral vision a specified area.

Here are some of the things which I think are a MUST have in GW2
    - Duel's with other player in PvE
    - Dual Wielding
    - Trade House ( the current trading system really needs to be improve, so hopefully we wont see the same type of system in GW2 )
    - Day, Night and Weather effects.. check this video of oblivion to see how cool it looks when done right.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

well the things I listed above definitely aren't something difficult to impliment in the game as many other MMO's already have many of those features. Here are some other stuff I'd love to see in the game

- Mail/Postal (like in Wow, a nice feature and it definitely wouldn't hurt having it in GW2)
    - More Armour customizing options
    - Let us enter buildings, its not a important feature but I think it kind of takes the depth out in some ways playing the entire game and never really entering a building. Instead of having traders just standing outside. Give them a shops so that we have to go inside to make a purchase.
    - If there will be any areas like contested zones in Wow where players can freely attack others if would be nice feature being able to put a bounty on someones head, so other players can go hunt down the person who kept on killing you, (If anyones played Eve online they know what im talking about :p )

-Im sure many will say this is a useless and pointless suggestion but what they heck it would be a cool thing which I havent seen in many other games. You decide to go to the high snowy mountains where there is extreme cold but as you leave the outpost/town you notice that your characters walking slow or maybe you have some debuff , so the NPC behind you asks you if you have something to keep yourself warm. So what you have to do is buy a bear pelt or something to keep yourself warm and remove the debuff so you can freely and easily move around in that environment. So having like a new Armour section just for environmental armor depending on your destination you will need to equip appropriately, this doesnt have any effect on your current Armour set, its just a extra piece of cloth or something you wear on top of your Armour. I know this sounds pretty pointless but the only reason why I mentioned this environmental Armour is because in the current GW and many other games you don't feel the difference as you explore or travle different types of enviorments it all just seems the same, this could be one good and easy way of making each environment feel more different and make the weather difference seem more believable.

- I like Rangers in GW but theres one thing I don't get every time Im attacking someone I see my ranger reaching for his back and magically gets a arrow in his hand even though I don't see a quiver there, just something I thought of right now it may be stupid or maybe if done right it would work well.... Instead of giving Rangers unlimited arrows like they have now why not make it so that we rangers have to go and purchase arrows from a weapons trader?
    different types of arrows may be available with different effects, heavy arrow for few damage bonus but slow speed maybe, sharp arrow for maybe increases chances of bleeding when used with the right skill, poison arrow which may increase the duration of your poison skills, but instead of making it easy for us so that we can click any arrow we wish to use, allow players to equipt only one type of arrow to the quiver, give rangers a quiver armor which they need to quipt their arrows in before they can use, lets say the quiver can hold up to 200 arrows but you can carry more arrows in your bags so everytime you run out of the 200 arrows, theres a short reload time fill up your quiver with arrows again for use. So if you want to change to poison arrows you will need to wait a short time while your quiver is being loaded with those type of arrows... I know the arrow type would not work with how the rangers are currently it was just a thought it had so why not just post it :p
    Last edited by Lighthammer; 17-08-2007 at 02:04.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Well I personally don't like the "buy arrows"-idea. As during a mission, you'll lose a good chunk of em. And that would also force bow-users to throw away a lot of money just to be able to attack something.

And just to throw in: Don't make armor/weapons decay/break so you're forced to buy new ones. It's a pain on the wallet :(