PC Gaming News
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    i know someone else already said this but i'd lik,e to enforce it we need more options for officers and the leader also maybe more title like... Head recruiter PvP officer etc.

For GW2, this idea is a huge aspect if you were to incorporate it, but I would like a game feature that allow you to "change your profession/class (not race)".

The main point of this idea is that if your group is calling "LFM Monk", someone can switch his or her build to monk on the fly. I've heard about other games where they wait around for hours for people to show up, to a limited extent, this happens in GW1 in the endgame missions. We should have something that alleviates this too.

The great folks at Anet probably are already aware of this. Considering the vastness of the world, and the immense number of random items in GW1, GW2 could look to the upcoming Spore for some inspiration concerning "user created items" which Wright contends is more immersive and binding than scripted stories.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74490184348066

Intra-Alliance/Intra-Guild Communication

Today's suggestion for GW2 but also for GW1 is concerned with how to improve upon the guild/alliance aspect in Guild Wars.

Guilds and Alliances are a collection of individual people who have come together for a common goal which is usually related to sharing the fun in the virtual world.

To this end, communication is very important. Guildwars has introduced guild and alliance chat channels which can be useful for instantaneous communication. But in larger organizations not everyone will be online at the same time. Asynchronous communication forms therefore become very important also.

As far as I can see the current guild status message is a start but insufficient. In part this is due to the shortness of the message. The other part is that this message is very inobstusive and is often overlooked. The green text is somehow just very impersonal and the guild status page is just to hidden away for people to look.

When we look at the current guild system, it is currently comprised of a chat channel, a status message that is too short, and a "friends" list with basic hierarchy (officer, member, GL). Though success of an organization is largely dependent on its will to perform and by the attitudes of its members to succeed, providing more tools of communication for possible use will increase the immersive experience of being in a guild/alliance.

How have guilds dealt with this problem. Many well-organized guilds foster an active forum community. The problem here is that even in an active community, not everyone will actually regularly use the forums.

GW2 should therefore strive to provide additional tools and following are a few suggestions of how these can be done.

1.) Guild status messages should remain.
    2.) Guilds usually have a guild hall which at this point is rather impersonal. Guild halls can serve as a place of gathering. Therefore, having a very visible poster board/news paper/guild news announcer system in your guild hall as a way to customize it, can be effective in spreading guild news. If one combines this with personal storage area etc., the importance of the guild hall can be heightened sufficiently to give good reason for members to visit the guild hall hence making news spreading more effective. This is ONE additional tool to be considered.
    3.) A simple news paper delivery system can serve as another way as in news paper in your in-box (which requires an inbox). The important thing here is that this tool should not just be an email system, but "news articles" look like something from a newspaper. This encourages people to become editorially active and would make the "news reporter/editor" position in the guild feasable. Going off on a tangent and linking this post to the previous post of user-generated content, newspapers, poster-boards and related material could be considered user-generated products that require certain materials to craft, and guilds could make it a profession to provide news within the guild wars universe. Considerations need to be given to amount of resources needed for distribution as excessive resource grind should not be forced on all members depending on conditions.
    4.) It should be made easier to link to the website of choice from within the game. This does not mean that GW should develop its own browser. But simply allowing website links to be clickable under the right "Guild Forum" page section could make things a lot easier.
    5.) Searching for a guild should also be facilitated. Currently, this is done through in-game chat spam (not very effective or pleasent, though it works for some), knowning people and/or fan-sites. These ways can be preserved but I also suggest the same means of distribution of guild recruitment posts as written in 3.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    some idea's i would like to see

-special armors you can find, close to the greens as weapons.
    -skills specivic for use as secondary prof, like having a melee skill in the caster line or a spell in the melee classes.
    -more awesome staffs, the ones that realy are big and flashy.(something like this, just a sample: http://amvnews.ru/images/news099/117...esonance_1.jpg )
    -no more favor system forced on titels, make them all based on the character it self.
    like when you finnish the chapter, you gain acces to the realms.
    -visual way's to express your power, like having an aura that comes along your power.
    the stronger you are, the bigger your aura is.(this is optional tough)
    -better effects in your skills acording on your strength, it's only logical a master magician can fire explosive flares while a novice can only shoot the basic kind...
    same with the melee skills, wy cant i have a big red stripe-like effect on full strength when i'm giving bleading?
    -expression on the faces while playing, a calm face in easy fights while having a serius, hardworking face in hard fights.
    -diverent animations on skills depending on what the charge time is, so long spells are charged like cinn in the GW cinema while short ones are casted more like this: http://www.forodragonball.com.ar/tc/bigbang.jpg (i know, dbz....)

time to sleep then

Quote Originally Posted by Thalanor Thornhale View Post
    The great folks at Anet probably are already aware of this. Considering the vastness of the world, and the immense number of random items in GW1, GW2 could look to the upcoming Spore for some inspiration concerning "user created items" which Wright contends is more immersive and binding than scripted stories.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74490184348066
    Whoo Hooo, Power to the players!!, Yeah Baby.

Very good Vid, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalanor Thornhale View Post
    1.) Guild status messages should remain.
    2.) Guilds usually have a guild hall which at this point is rather impersonal. Guild halls can serve as a place of gathering. Therefore, having a very visible poster board/news paper/guild news announcer system in your guild hall as a way to customize it, can be effective in spreading guild news. If one combines this with personal storage area etc., the importance of the guild hall can be heightened sufficiently to give good reason for members to visit the guild hall hence making news spreading more effective. This is ONE additional tool to be considered.
    3.) A simple news paper delivery system can serve as another way as in news paper in your in-box (which requires an inbox). The important thing here is that this tool should not just be an email system, but "news articles" look like something from a newspaper. This encourages people to become editorially active and would make the "news reporter/editor" position in the guild feasable. Going off on a tangent and linking this post to the previous post of user-generated content, newspapers, poster-boards and related material could be considered user-generated products that require certain materials to craft, and guilds could make it a profession to provide news within the guild wars universe. Considerations need to be given to amount of resources needed for distribution as excessive resource grind should not be forced on all members depending on conditions.
    4.) It should be made easier to link to the website of choice from within the game. This does not mean that GW should develop its own browser. But simply allowing website links to be clickable under the right "Guild Forum" page section could make things a lot easier.
    5.) Searching for a guild should also be facilitated. Currently, this is done through in-game chat spam (not very effective or pleasent, though it works for some), knowning people and/or fan-sites. These ways can be preserved but I also suggest the same means of distribution of guild recruitment posts as written in 3.
    Very cool idea, could even use one of your in-game-avatars or alternates as an NPC info board, a way to leave info, messages, while off-line..

I made a similar suggestion a few posts back about in-game-library (a fancy 3D interface) connected to offical Wiki, thus players could develop the game lore further, content, find quest info while still in game.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    let's continue:

-consumeble items from enemy's, just to add something in the RPG side.
    -enviromental effects, the ones where you see the wind gushing trough the leafes and stones rising from the ground while charging a verry powerfull spell.
    -a more free movemend kind of fights, so you literly see the characters dodge the arrows and some attacks act diverent when you attack from above.(jumping)
    -NPC's in the GH's that are specivic for PVE.
    -some cutscreens as full high render movie, more inspired by FFX-2.(yuna sings in the game, but instead of the game model, a high-render movie is used, just search for the movie clip 1000 words)
    -a mound not made to speed up, but just as pet you can buy.
    this mound is made in no means to go somewhere quick, but are animals you can use to just ride.(a lissard cant realy be seen as a quick transportation)
    -make the enviromend matter in-battle, like having some moves from the wall or use a pall to grab on, so you can kick with 2 feets.
    -unarmed fight, so you can fight with your hands without being useless.
    this way, you can use melee skills.

that's it for now....

A few more ideas. Some are from other threads I've posted in, so I'm just adding too and consolidating here.

>>>>> If there be companions, heroes, make them guild-mates heroes/companions. You can only increase the size of your A.I. controlled party by selecting an inactive, recently played, character from your guild roster. Huh? .. you heard me. Instead of heroes you need to use offline guild members. If you want to run an area but can't find enough people to help, then you choose one of your guild-mates (any of their alts) as the H/H to help you through your adventure. Maybe add an offline time-limit a guildie can be used as a hero, like a month or something. When you log in while someone is using your character as a hero, you begin in Observation Mode, then you can just take control and continue the journey, or gracefully bow out leaving behind a surrogate, returning to where you logged off. Entering the game-world, and then breaking the ice with alde acquaintances, can sometimes take more time than playing the game. This concept could be used for GW1 to increase the number of A.I. controlled party members beyond the current limit.

>>>>>Would be cool if you could choose between Instanced, or Persistent when entering a zone -- just talk to an NPC who will share a couple of secret hunting spots (teleport you into an instanced zone); rather than the shared one you are standing in. . . .
    Many possibilities.

>>>>>Considering the unlimited nature of Instancing: There could even be PvP Phasing, a pseudo instance where players, existing in the PvE persistent world, could choose to enter PvP combat and simply Phase in to a Balthazar Form, turning into spirits when viewed by a PvE player (non flagged). Other PvP players would appear as regular players, but any PvE players would become invisible, non collision. Imagine a persistent world where battles were constantly being fought, NPC or player, anywhere, anytime -- The conquest for Lion's Arch! PvE players would be able to witness the raging battle of Balthazar Spirits (PvPers) taking place right in front of them, PvPers would only see other PvPers, fighting in the other, PvP pseudo instance -- Same world just different realities.

Many PvE quests could initiate zone wide mayhem between NPC and Player Factions. When a game does PvP right, even PvE players will participate. Perhaps this pseudo instance could be call the Mist. Making the Mist as massive as the entire game world. . .so much could be done, While in PvE phase it could simply be random ghost appearances, The spirit of an archer firing a flaming arrow into distant fog, the image fades. . the echoing sound of steel clashing in the distance, a trail of limbs, blood and carnage as you approach an outpost. . .. Hints of the Mist could be slight suggested clues, could be toggled on/off, could be constant to a PvPer.

NPCs In the PvP Zone could simply duplicate when affected by PvPers in the area. PvE players would see one version standing their, PvPers would see a pseudo copy charging into battle.

I guess, instancing would even allow WvW cross-over with such a pseudo instance, making entering the Mist from PvE virtually seamless. Two different PvE worlds, that share a common pseudo reality. Viewable Mist Battles (spirit form) from either server.
    Last edited by Balan Makki; 18-10-2007 at 21:57.

Things I'd like to see in GW 2.

>> Non Linked Clothing which doesn't give stat bonuses, is visually appealing, and has a separate slot in the equipment menu giving more variety in players

>> Different selection of voices during the character creation menu. Not all men and female talk in the same voice =P

>> Integrated Voice Chat system

>> Alliance Member List + Guild Titles