PC Gaming News
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Add a "beastmaster" class on top--or a new"hero" possible to do that :
    instant succes.
    Working a bit like an MM,

with possibility to control an army of pets--
    and an Elite superpet like elephant/anaconda/rhino...
    Improve (all pets) their damage dealing skills,
    add strong signature moves to them

Or just add it as a possible new/extra approach to the ranger : *beastmaster*

Quote Originally Posted by Troal View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'd definitely like to see more variety in what we can do. Killing was fun for the past two years, but it's getting a bit old now.

If more variety isn't added, then I'd at least like to see the introduction of neutral monsters to higher-end areas. Part of the reason Pre-Searing was so realistic is because there are some creatures that ignore you. There should be more herbivores in the game world - even the plants of NF want to eat me for goodness sake!

Basically, I just want the option to fight less.
    Do take my word on it, though I can't tell you it's 100% positive but I think we'll be designing a new form of EQ's Faction. In which case we actually participate in the lore on why so and so are enemies to so and so. It's logical considering we'll be able to play new classes. In which case by allying yourself with a certain race, when you venture out in enemy territories you'll be attacks by the exact enemy of the ones you just allied with previously.

While Factions tried to capture this, it still lacked. EQ's form of faction was much more... complicated, that's the best word I can come up with it. Since GW2 will take literally from what we've already gone through (main story Lore wise) the introductions of races in GW:EN and the fact that information is implying more complex forms of AB, we'll see that in GW2 something may entirely occur during the 100 year time span that lead some races to hate, be neutral, and ally with others for certain reasons we ourselves may play a part in (during GW:EN)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya Ke Kitana View Post
    Add a "beastmaster" class on top--or a new"hero" possible to do that :
    instant succes.
    Working a bit like an MM,

with possibility to control an army of pets--
    and an Elite superpet like elephant/anaconda/rhino...
    Improve (all pets) their damage dealing skills,
    add strong signature moves to them

Or just add it as a possible new/extra approach to the ranger : *beastmaster*
    Yeah. I can't help but continue to point out what CoH/V did right but I must say the Master Minds in City of Villains did quite well with a pet system....

As for the rangers as a beastmaster, could be like EQ's take on it when they released the Beastmaster in Shadows Of Luclin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    RunescapeOtherwise it's one of the smartest games I've ever played when it came to crafting.
    So completely true. I was one of the first high-level crafters back in the day, and easily the most infamous. Fun times.

So completely true. I was one of the first high-level crafters back in the day, and easily the most infamous. Fun times.
    man that takes me back a bit as well. sometimes I really miss my runescape days *sigh*. oh well onward and upward

GWOnline.Net Member

GW2 Heavy tanks and Light tanks

In GW2 i think there should be the option to be a heavy tank ( armer protects alot but movement slowed and attack is slowed)

Light tank (has clothes simmiler to mesmer can be customised) moves fast attacks fast not great protection though abit like a more tankish assain but assains probley wont be in gw2

I'd like to see a "diary" feature. Say when you hit "L" (by default) a window pops up with the following tabs:

Current Quests / Completed Quests / Campaign Progress / Bestiary / Notes

The first two, are self-explained,
    Campaign Progress would explain what you did, and what are you up to (regarding missions), broke down into days, months, years...like a real diary

Bestiary would give you information on foes you kill (with pictures). Say, when you kill the same monster a few times you'd know it's weak against some types of attacks and such, upon killing it about 20 times, you could get his exact skill bar. 50 times, health points, energy, AL. 100 times ... ... ...

On Notes you could write your own personal notes about anything you want, and below on that screen tab there'd be an option to make an article out of that secific note, turning it into a "physical" item you could handle to another person ingame. It would also be possible to insert notes on the world map.

------------
    Concerning the jump feature, i wouldn't like to see everyone jumping like we do on every other game with that feature. Then i was thinking on a way to "limit" it... and other things as well.

Bring into the game a "Stamina" bar. So that while running, jumping, or making any exhaustive physical activity that bar would be slightly consumed... make it so that unlisted types of moviments would consume twice or three times as much Stamina then running, so that when climbing, flying, swimming, you'd waste it faster than normal, each jump would consume a slice of it. When your stamina ends, you can't run and your attack speed is greatly decreased until you recover.
    This could also be a mechanic to work on skills (ie. Berzerk, you don't die while at 0 health and ignores Stamina, but when this skill ends your stamina is wasted, and so on).
    Mounts would have their own Stamina bars (resilient ones), so that would be a good point on getting them. Elite mounts would have even better Stamina bars... maybe we could even feed them to regen their stamina while running...

EDIT: oh, i just remembered, Diablo II had/has this feature! Although it's useless above mid-to-high levels...

subflame

Suggestions for GW2

I know there are countless topics on this matter already, but I will try and elaborate a little more on the topic in ways such as, my suggestions for the future game and my reasoning behind them. In stating this, feedback is appreciated weather it be negative, positive or anything in between.

1)Trade Concept: I think we need a better way of trading in GW and a type of trading bazaar would be a system, not like a auction house just a place where people can go to buy and sell things without people having to run around town or asking in chat where the can get so and so item?

2)More Guild Activity: What I mean by this, is that we have guild houses, why not put them to more use then just a place to gather? I say we have more uses for them such as, a more general use where the faction donated is on display and more useful merchants.

3)More Things To Use Faction For: Instead of just a number, use it for more objective and attainable goals.

4)AB Battles Mean Something: As of right now AB battles mean nothing. I say we use them to affect something.

5)Luxon/Kurzick: Put a story to what they each stand for and give each its own goals, objectives and aims that when your guild joins either one, theres a point to join for such as, a advantage of some kind.

These are what I have so far, please feel free to provide feedback, as any kind is welcome and will make this thread that much better.
    Thank you,
    Geoff K.

Give us super gigantic dungeons and let us go in 20 man teams to do it it would be awsome and also balance somethings out so any professions will be helpful since in Urgoz warriors are bad their and same in UW warriors are bad.

Also let guilds make dungeons that other guilds or themselves can use to practice or have fun in a contest.

They need to:
    Remove Forced Teaming:make it possible to solo anywhere you want.
    Make griefing impossible.
    Balance skills properly.
    Make it an actual skill game, not a random button mashing contest.
    Cater to the casual player.
    Stop favoring the people who always buy the latest chapter.

An advanced and simple char creator/maker

Simple:

Same as gw1

Advanced:

U get tons of faces to chose from
    tons of hair styles
    chose tons of tattoes/scares/piercings/etc across the body
    Make ur char skinny or fat
    Skin/fur colour chose between #CFC6BC - #3F2901
    Possiblity to add more details.
    make ur own hair style colour.