PC Gaming News
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

items gold and stuff into GW2

I think most of us really don't wanna start earning cast from 0 so i think most of our GW1 items and stuff should be transferable... I mean how can we leave our desendants with jack nothing?

Maybe already posted/mentioned earlier in the thread but would like to see two handed swords/axes in the game.

I miss cleaving mobs with big massive swinging weapons.

:)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Add unique quests that are found randomly in the world -- instances, persistent, or the Mist. Add varying degrees of rarity to these unique quests, and once a unique quest is found, allow it to be shared with a group/party of your choice -- shared as long as the quest finder is currently in the party.

This would be a nice social feature for rare finds, (a broken sword with an inscription) drops (a mysterious letter), rare spawns (monster, or NPC with a very unique story). Many of these quest could lead to rare dungeons, instances, or stories in the persistent world. It would encourage players to share unique experiences with others.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    queststhat doesn;t nead a NPC to gain, something along the lines that some quests just come to you.
    it's just up to you whenever you accept the quest, or leave it be.

have some true big places, places where it takes around an hour to reach a sertan city.
    these city's must not be a place that neads to be reached, but just places that adds a passage to an area that has some side quests in it or even a non-related to story mission.

Yeah, regarding on quests, as sorudo just gave a few suggestions, i'd like that the quests on GW2 wouldn't be that obvious to find (green exclamation points over NPC's heads), but otherwise it would be something more subtle...

You arrive to this small outpost, and when you speak to the merchant, on his initial dialog box, he seems a bt concerned, then, you have the option of just ignoring it and sell your stuff, or you can try asking him what's wrong.

If you ask him what's wrong, he'll say that "blablabla...raiding supplies...blablabla...villagers are concerned...blablabla" and your quest log is then updated, whether you accept to help him or not. Uppon helping him, he makes a better deal on prices for you on future purchases and stuff like that.

Which means, not really different than it is right now, but remove the green exclamation points from peoples heads (maybe keep them for primary quests), as that seems it would more like you're searching for it, and not just talking to a NPC because he has a quest for you.

GWOnline.Net Member
    This is just a cut and past from a suggestion I made in communtity forum(and elsewhere) but it should be said here as well:

. . . . Why not just simplify everything, make the entire game world playable/useful because there are no levels. Just use a difficulty slider when entering an instance -- Higher the slider, the higher the rewards. Why not just remove all appearances of numbers completely, just add a bigger spray of blood for crits, a bigger fire effect for a player burning from an adept fireball. A bigger block effect for a warrior who increases his shield attributed slider past expert. Use literal ranking as a leveling system, just add more ranks when you raise the level caps. More atributes to spend on character appearance, (higher levels) would get more muscle, more beard, hair, eye colors, fingernails, fangs, fur, tatooing etc. ..

Make character appearences dynamic beyond the creation screen. . as well as skill effects.

Kinda like the current GW 1 system; just need to replace the numbers with literal descriptors and add a dynamic effects system. . . .
    Last edited by Balan Makki; 12-10-2007 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsig View Post
    Yeah, regarding on quests, as sorudo just gave a few suggestions, i'd like that the quests on GW2 wouldn't be that obvious to find (green exclamation points over NPC's heads), but otherwise it would be something more subtle...

You arrive to this small outpost, and when you speak to the merchant, on his initial dialog box, he seems a bt concerned, then, you have the option of just ignoring it and sell your stuff, or you can try asking him what's wrong.

If you ask him what's wrong, he'll say that "blablabla...raiding supplies...blablabla...villagers are concerned...blablabla" and your quest log is then updated, whether you accept to help him or not. Uppon helping him, he makes a better deal on prices for you on future purchases and stuff like that.

Which means, not really different than it is right now, but remove the green exclamation points from peoples heads (maybe keep them for primary quests), as that seems it would more like you're searching for it, and not just talking to a NPC because he has a quest for you.
    I don't agree with this idea. In a busy outpost you'd be searching for hours, talking to every useless npc till you found the one that has a quest. I'd get fed up with it after one day.

I agree that the big exclaimation marks are a bit ugly. Still, you'd need a suitable replacement if you were ever to remove them.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    I don't agree with this idea. In a busy outpost you'd be searching for hours, talking to every useless npc till you found the one that has a quest. I'd get fed up with it after one day.

I agree that the big exclaimation marks are a bit ugly. Still, you'd need a suitable replacement if you were ever to remove them.
    Perhaps a quest giver could ping your radar (green) ever once in a while. . . would need no visual aid beyond this. Though giving players an on/off option to the big ugly exclaimations makes sense as well.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Oh, have a few more suggestion:

These two ideas are particularly helpful for opening up environmental design in areas such as the Mist.

Make the range of spells, bows, throwing axes (warriors need something) variable. Depending on instance, or zone area. This would allow for some very interesting long range exchanges/assaults. It would also help add balancing variables to mismatched encounters in the Mist -- for say a fort that has been occupied too long. etc.. .

The current bow mechanic in GW1 is a good example, being that it is affected by height.

Imagine a game where a caster could stand upon a mountain top raining down fireballs, or an archer could really be useful at longbow range -- several hundred yards. Warriors could just pick up rocks nearby and lob them down hill for an avalanche attack.

The longer the range the less likely you'd hit anything, or do much damage, but the fun factor far outweighs the limitation of greater range. This could obviously be a very dynamic feature, some areas range would be normal, other areas -- close narrow dungeons -- range could suffer dramatically. Some areas, range could be as far as the next ridge.

I remember some of the nice features in AC2, where warriors could throw their melee weapons for very useful attacks. Rangers could use a few skills that had exceptionally long range, not much damage, but a great way to feint an attack and draw attention away from a flanking maneuver.

There is a ton of value to variable range combat. Range Zones could be as small as a clump of trees. Say a warrior is getting run down by a couple of casters/rangers, in a long range zone/area, if he can make it to a thicket of trees nearby, the combat range will decrease dramatically, giving a turn-around to his disadvantage.

>>>> Second suggestion, obviously implemented already in GWEN through elite skills. Increase the number of Skill Bars a player can run in an area, make each Skill Bar mutually exclusive from the other Skill Bars. This would allow players to set up a travel bar, a melee combat bar, a ranged combat bar, a crafting/harvesting bar?, a siege weapons bar, etc. . . It is obviously much like the elite GWEN skills, but adds a ton of strategic value to the individual player allowing them to morph a bit in a persistent, large scale environment. The skill bar limit could also be variable; per rank/level, instance, area. . . Allow players to adjust attibutes while in in large persistant zones if there is an "Avatar of . . . ", or "temple of.. " nearby that they can kneel and commune with/within.

>>>> add a throw function to the Drop Button.
    Last edited by Balan Makki; 12-10-2007 at 18:33.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Gah, another idea bubbles to the surface. . . I swear this is the last one.

>>>> In-game library (IGL), linked directly to Official Wiki website. This will allow players to stay in-game to visit the Halls of Knowledge, in hopes of uncovering, arcane combat styles, solutions to blights ravaging a distant lands, possible clues to help unravel a mysterious letter given to you, on and on.

Basically some form of flash like media, much like what has been done in GWEN with Journals, allow the players to do most of the work, allow players to added stories, and content, Much like Zoe's diary. Line the walls of the IGL with books on shelves, that display OnMouseOver. When the book binding is clicked, it appears in front of the player, opened, much like a journal in GWEN. Let players sit around the IGL reading game lore and quest info, provide a review system that ranks, categorizes entries so players can stay in RPG land, or just dig directly into the fact sheets on conquering quests. Even add some sort of ranking system or title such as Librarian, Thus players with higher ranks can sort some of the flotsam and jetsam.

The real thrust of this feature would be RPG lore as an overlay to finding a successful resolution to a in-game problem. Let players contribute to the maintaining, addition and management of such a library. The way this forum is manage. Very well done I might add. .

>>>> Oh, and another thing. Add some way for players to create content for other players, whether its simply a good story outline filed into the IGL, a proposed quest told as a story in the IGL, or access to some sort of world instance editor (WIE), The WIE could allow players to create a non combat environments, using placeholder creatures, packs, etc (non aggressive), to be used as exploration/private space environments - non-combat, non-drop. Perhaps through the IGL players could discover (and download) foreign lands for exploration value.

As a free MMO, A-Net should consider the value of player created content, whether extremely limited, or verging on open source.

Please add some form of content as an alternative to killing and fighting. Chess, checkers, thumb wrestling. Thumb wrestling could just be a fancy way for players to /Random 100, but with fun animation. Boxing and Polymock are a great start.
    Last edited by Balan Makki; 12-10-2007 at 19:41.