PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A/P: Deadly Haste, can you say AWEsome bug? :D

Maybe it was already known but I just found out that Deadly Haste affects Awe.

That's right.

Although Deadly Haste is meant to only affect spells, I am trying different combinations with it (2.5 second recharge, half second cast siphon speed and a 5s recharge Disrupting Dagger were the best I could come up with). Whilst looking through the list of half-range spells I noticed Awe which is a skill and decided to test anyway since Deadly Haste had a major bug before and looks like Anet just threw it together without ever testing.

With a silencing Dagger Tang, Deadly Haste, Awe, Horns and Moebius you can some funny stuff. ^^
    A bit expensive at 10E but well worth it.

The cast time is also cut from 0.75s. So with the usual 13CS, you get a non-elite Daze that lasts 6s (7? not sure) on a 10s recharge with a 0.33s cast time.

I'm off to harass monks. Abuse it while it lasts I guess.
    Last edited by I XM; 11-04-2007 at 03:26.

Actually, its meant to only affect Assassin skills. Either way, it shouldnt affect Awe. Nice find.

Not Deadly Paradox, Deadly Haste. Different skill.

opps...

That one does indeed say spells only. Does it work with other half-range skills? If so then the description is wrong.

Deadly haste + ice spear, anyone?

GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    e/a deadly haste ice spear was great fun - 110 dps, tyvm. Seems the skill's description still isn't what it could be. Sacrificing 2 skill slots isn't something you can really afford to do in a moebius build imo.

Does it work with zojun's shot/point blank shot too? Probably not as they're attack skills (and they're 10 energy anyway cO so purely curious).

If assassins had a decent energy-management skill in deadly arts, dancing-entangling-awe-[move in and hit a dual] would be a good combo ...

I don't know about sacrificing 2 slots, it's working fine atm (only tested in TA a bit yesterday). Deadly Haste --> spam siphon speed on stuff every 2-3 seconds if you can (that's reason enough for me to use Deadly Haste, it's great with siphon spamming and disrupting dagger). Once the monk is snared and holy veil/hex breaker/whatever is recharging BLS --> HotO --> Awe --> Moebius --> DB. The Daze lasts long enough with silencing daggers (and covered by crippling slash spam warrior) that you can start Moebius/Horns locking before it wears off. At that point the ZB monks in TA can only get off RoF (dismiss, mending touch and ZB are all 3/4 sec cast time). If draw is on a bflash e/mo then the warrior went on the e/mo and I stayed on the monk.

A more compact version would remove siphon speed, and use GPS instead of BLS, you'd be tight on energy then however, but with an extra free skill slot.

But ofc it doesn't have to be a moebius build, the KD doesn't even have to come from you, as long as you are within range. Against condition removal, I find low recharge with decent duration to be better than long recharge with long duration. And apart from the conditional 25E Concussion Shot (5s), there's 2 daze skills with a 15s recharge and all the rest are 20s. The non-elite status is the most interesting part to me though.

Just a side note - Awe worked great in a normal Shadow Prison setup with Horns as a dual. The daze is about 5 seconds but so was Burst of Aggression. Vs a caster type I think I know whats more useful ~

Quote Originally Posted by I XM View Post
    I don't know about sacrificing 2 slots, it's working fine atm (only tested in TA a bit yesterday). Deadly Haste --> spam siphon speed on stuff every 2-3 seconds if you can (that's reason enough for me to use Deadly Haste, it's great with siphon spamming and disrupting dagger). Once the monk is snared and holy veil/hex breaker/whatever is recharging BLS --> HotO --> Awe --> Moebius --> DB. The Daze lasts long enough with silencing daggers (and covered by crippling slash spam warrior) that you can start Moebius/Horns locking before it wears off. At that point the ZB monks in TA can only get off RoF (dismiss, mending touch and ZB are all 3/4 sec cast time). If draw is on a bflash e/mo then the warrior went on the e/mo and I stayed on the monk.

A more compact version would remove siphon speed, and use GPS instead of BLS, you'd be tight on energy then however, but with an extra free skill slot.

But ofc it doesn't have to be a moebius build, the KD doesn't even have to come from you, as long as you are within range. Against condition removal, I find low recharge with decent duration to be better than long recharge with long duration. And apart from the conditional 25E Concussion Shot (5s), there's 2 daze skills with a 15s recharge and all the rest are 20s. The non-elite status is the most interesting part to me though.
    So you have:

BLS
    DB
    Moebius
    Horns
    Awe
    Siphon Speed
    Deadly Haste
    Rez Sig/DDagger

?

Seems pretty fun, might try it out. As you said, GPS would allow to use both DDagger and Siphon Speed which'd be better, but i don't think the energy would hold.