Favor -> Solved
    The Deep, Urgoz -> Solved
    Keyring -> Solved
    Bot Farming -> Pwned
    Skill Hunter Title -> Solved
    Whiner -> Pwned
    you missed one other thing i am afraid

casual farming -> dead

if the change to drop rates was meant to sort out bots then it is one of the stupidest ideas in history, all it will do is make gold harder to come by for the more casual player, but the bots will just keep farming, sure it would take the bots longer to make the same money but they can just put their prices up. and since casual players find gold so hard to come by they will pay the higher prices. i really hope the change to drop rates is a bug in the party loot scaling code.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar The Legend View Post

casual farming -> dead
    I don't farm, but I feel sorry about what happened. Though that proves anet's position on all kinds of farming.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Just how is the Favor system solved? People cant reallly solo the UW now with the drop rate snafu? Can parties now form in International Districts? I don't think so. If this is Anets way of "solving" the favor system, I'm very disappointed indeed!

Btw, They can "Fix" the mesmers all they want. With the farming nerf, I have no reason to invest in developing new characters one of which happens to be a lvl 3 Mesmer in Pre-searing. With no reason to develop new characters, I am left wondering if I have any reason to play GW further.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeres View Post
    Just how is the Favor system solved? People cant reallly solo the UW now with the drop rate snafu? Can parties now form in International Districts? I don't think so. If this is Anets way of "solving" the favor system, I'm very disappointed indeed!

Btw, They can "Fix" the mesmers all they want. With the farming nerf, I have no reason to invest in developing new characters one of which happens to be a lvl 3 Mesmer in Pre-searing. With no reason to develop new characters, I am left wondering if I have any reason to play GW further.
    I do notice that I've won 2k just by doing a mission in Hard Mode. And gathered 500 sunspear point in the area outside Kamadan and another 3k more.

Who needs farming anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeres View Post

uhm ... there's more to UW than farming, and if that's all it is to you, I'm not sure you really deserve to have it favorless.
    It's solved because there's now an alternate way to get in that just takes some skill and perseverance in hard mode. Not sure on actual drop rates of the UW scrolls, and whether or not those need to be tinkered with.
    Yes, groups can now form in Int.

I'm not sure that raising a mesmer to farm is a good idea anyway - the mesmer is probably the class with the least farming builds available.

I'm with you Kali

There is no need for "casual farming."

(Okay first of all, I believe that all forms of farming is considered beyond casual gaming. You can realistically see this in the game by viewing how many people actually have 15k armors in town).

There is no need for "casual farming" because there is hard mode now. The drops are really nice. Really nice. I was vanquishing/missioning in Shing Jea and I was very satisfied with the drops that I was able to get. Not to mention the money that you get after each vanquish/mission (as you mentioned Kali). I find no need to farm, even though a person can in Hard Mode.

I don't see what the gripe is about.

Maybe hard mode will help classes like Mesmers. Maybe it won't. It's too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar The Legend View Post
    you missed one other thing i am afraid

casual farming -> dead

if the change to drop rates was meant to sort out bots then it is one of the stupidest ideas in history, all it will do is make gold harder to come by for the more casual player, but the bots will just keep farming, sure it would take the bots longer to make the same money but they can just put their prices up. and since casual players find gold so hard to come by they will pay the higher prices. i really hope the change to drop rates is a bug in the party loot scaling code.
    I laugh... before I went to work I wanted to clear out the Jarin plane to get my first vanquisher point. Guess how many golds I got. 5. And that was with a hero team.
    And I was able to amass 6K gold. Sure, I did spend an hour clearing the area out, but it was actually pretty fun. I can't wait to try the same thing out with friends and guildies.