PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New armor - for the oldest of the three armor systems in Guild Wars

We got a shiny new warrior armor. The one people often asked for, because it was missing.

But there is a problem with this armor:

It is Prophecies style. No choice of armor function like in Factions, no Insignia option. Only one type of helmet (+1 STR), no +1 Axe/Sword/Hammer helmets are available.

Thanks a lot for adding this armor, but I wonder if I should really buy it. The biggest gripe is the helmet.

People asked ANet to seperate stats from looks since Prophecies, and Factions was a great improvement. Nightfall's Insignia system allows even changing armor function.

It is really sad that new armor models are restricted to the most outdated armor system in all of Guild Wars. What is even more stupid is that one game has three different armor systems.

I expected the Inscriptions and Insignia system to be expanded to all chapters upon the release of Nightfall, now we got hard mode and still have no unified system. Not to mention that Factions and Prophecies Weapon drops usually end as merchantware because they have a horrible Inscription you cannot change.

looks great on males but i have a female and their legs part looks aq little out of place

i like it to see some armors with other bonusses from tyria too, like this one, looks good this idea is old, but i guess they wouldn't do it, so never made this suggestion, its good to hear i'm not the only one

I really think that the insignia system should cover _all_ armour. If anet want to restrict it to just NF players, I wish they would at least have some armouer in NF who can 'upgrade' the armour so that insignia can be used on it.

By the way, that new warrior armour does look pretty cool. Maybe it's finally time for me to put away the old Droknar's Forge armour.

What? Where? How?

or: a little more detail please. But I like i already, is it 15k knights?

It's pretty ridiculous that my fissure isn't inscribable. Fix this please it's common sense. Stop being retarded.

Fissure was available any way you wanted it so I don't know why you didn't get it the way you wanted it to begin with.

They probably didn't make it inscribable because they wanted it to mesh better with the prophecies armor

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe Dalmasca View Post
    Fissure was available any way you wanted it so I don't know why you didn't get it the way you wanted it to begin with.

They probably didn't make it inscribable because they wanted it yo mesh better with the prophecies armor
    When armor stats change and are rebalanced, i.e. global knights armor. You need to change inscriptions to keep up.

Believe it or not I can't see the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous that my fissure isn't inscribable. Fix this please it's common sense. Stop being retarded.
    No don't fix it, its perfect the way it is. Its a unique armor that pertains to the Prophecy campaign with the added bonus of a couple armor from the newer campaigns for fan loyalty. Prophecy armors come in variety, unlike the cookie cutter armor of the newer campaigns.

Can someone post a pic of the female version of this new armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    No don't fix it, its perfect the way it is. Its a unique armor that pertains to the Prophecy campaign with the added bonus of a couple armor from the newer campaigns for fan loyalty. Prophecy armors come in variety, unlike the cookie cutter armor of the newer campaigns.

Can someone post a pic of the female version of this new armor.
    Then give us a trader that will trade old armor for new armor. It's not rocket science.