PC Gaming News

Thread: Grand Court

Grand Court

I need help about mission Grand Court of Sebelkeh
    I'm really now in titles and i need to do some master missions for protector of elona and guardian too. There usually is hard to find a team for master at any mode...so...is it possible to do Grand Court of Sebelkeh in master normal/hard mode with hench and heroes? and if it is can any1 tell me the strategy and build? my charracter is ele

Yes, it is certainly possible to get Masters in Normal mode with H+H, because I did it 5 times with a necromancer, monk, warrior, assassin and paragon.

The key to beating this mission is to position your party so that you can capture one of the portals, while simultaneously pulling the guys in the center towards you so they can't capture the center altar too quickly. Your party will need to be able to handle a fair bit of pressure; having a rank or two in Lightbringer and bringing Lightbringer's Gaze helps a lot.

When the Blasphemy appears, try to kill him only when there are no other enemies around. The creatures that spawn from his corpse can do a lot of damage if you don't have block skills (TIP: Bring Shields Up).

Once you've closed all the 3 portals, you'll need to kill the Blasphemy (if he's still alive) and the mission will be complete.
    In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zainol the Tainted (N/E) - Brianna Halwind (Mo/Me) - Sir Belidan of Ri (W/R) - Kazumi Ranzou (A/Rt) - Khaemhet Rekhotep (P/D)

I managed this with several of my characters, but found it hard with my monk - mainly because keeping up with healing while also calling the best target reliably was pretty difficult. The way I do this is different to the previous poster, and I have also never bothered with the party split that some others recommend (leaving a warrior and monk or similar to guard the centre) - tried it once and it was pretty slow. The method I use works pretty well, but not totally reliably. You should always get your masters on the second or third try though at worst with an all hero / hench team. The uncertainty comes from basic luck of having the blasphemy spawn in an advantageous place when you're capping the second rift.

The main trick is to kill the blasphemy as little as possible. Each time you engage him you have to kill an extra 4 mobs in total, so it is only logical to minimise the number of times you take that fight. You can afford to let him cap the central altar half to two-thirds of the way to red before running back to fight him - he goes down fast when you focus fire. Just make sure that you flag your team back onto the altar itself to make sure that you maximise your capping strength at the same time the fight is going on. Through this method you should have to fight him less than if you were camping the central altar, and pulling groups towards you (his route always takes him through the aggro bubble of someone sitting in the centre).

The first fight is the hardest part of this mission. Wrap this up as fast as you can can (call clerics, reapers, sorcerers, ascendants then the rest IMO), then take the three rifts one by one - taking down claws at range first. Once the claw is down, flag-camp right under the rift to speed up the capping.

Getting masters isn't totally reliable - it's partly based on luck of which of the rifts the blasphemy spawns at next - ideally you want him to spawn on the one that you are NOT attacking, and let him just go and do his thing: you can always cap faster than he can, and it's trivial to run back and whack him when he's close to capping the altar.

Some general hints:
    - At the first battle make sure your heroes are all set on guard, and that you place a flag in the central battle area to make sure that they don't overstretch and pull in more aggro from around the rifts
    - Take torment claws at distance as priority target when you're capping the rifts
    - Place a flag under the rifts when the claws are down and fight from there - makes capping faster
    - If all mobs around a rift are dead then you can flag your MM there to finish up capping while the rest of the party moves on to the next rift. As soon as it's capped release the flag and he can rejoin you
    - You DO NOT need to have all rifts fully capped blue, and the altar does not have to be blue at all. The rifts just need to be non-red, and the altar needs to have not been fully capped by the blasphemy (which would fail you the mission anyway). You can save some seconds then by not fully capping every altar if you're running tight on time
    - This mission becomes much easier if you scrounge up help from a couple of high-level lightbringers with LB gaze

I just got Master rating for this mission yesterday at the first try.

I was playing with a mesmer (3rd rank of lightbringer) and henchmen. It was a piece of cake. At the beginning you have to kill the margonites that are comming to the altar. Then eliminate all rifts before they start to respawn demons.
    I had mostly interrupts + backfire +lightbringers gaze in my built

As for the hench I wasnt really careful about them, and as I remember, I had:
    Tahlkora (prot)
    Zhed (searing flames)
    Koss or Meloni - dont remember
    Herta (earth)
    Mhenlo
    Devona
    Sogolon

Anyway last time I tried it with my warrior and some real people and only got standard reward. I remember that everyone tried to kill abomination as fast as they could to prevent it from taking over the altar. And I think it was a mistake.
    This time I din't care that much about the abomination. I closed 1 rift before I stopped it ( abomination had like 40% of the altar ) and then went back for the 2nd rift, stopped abomination again, and closed 3rd rift. The marginites didnt even start to respawn...
    It took like 4 min. max.

Quote Originally Posted by Magtheridon View Post
    I need help about mission Grand Court of Sebelkeh
    I'm really now in titles and i need to do some master missions for protector of elona and guardian too. There usually is hard to find a team for master at any mode...so...is it possible to do Grand Court of Sebelkeh in master normal/hard mode with hench and heroes? and if it is can any1 tell me the strategy and build? my charracter is ele