PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

With regards to the Drop scale update: Does this mean farming is alive again?

Greetings !!!

As the title said it...

What do you think? Is it?

No, quite the opposite, solo farming is totally dead, destroyed, nerfed to non-existance.

Bots can probably still make a living, but real players can't any more.

heh,

I thought so too...

I believe the UW farmers are also affected very much!

So, FOW armors are UN-affordable more than ever !

Quote Originally Posted by Val Roize Lionheart View Post
    heh,

I thought so too...

I believe the UW farmers are also affected very much!

So, FOW armors are UN-affordable more than ever !

read the update from gaile better nxt time...

rare materials and normal materials are not affected so you can still solo and duo farm you only dont get any normal drops but you do get ectos and normal materials like normal, although that might seem different...
    i did about 4 solo and 3 duo runs i got 4 ectos in total witch is normal in my case...

however the gold and rare/green farming in small groups or solo is very dead and non existent since the update witch was the mbest move from anet they could ever make:)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vert View Post
    ... solo farming is totally dead, destroyed, nerfed to non-existance.
    If you were trying to be ironic, it got lost somewhere.

There is still plenty of farming to be done:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile View Post
    Thus, with today's build, all of the following types of items will now be exempt from loot scaling:
    • Skill Tomes
    • Scrolls
    • Dye
    • Rare materials
    • All rare (gold colored) items
    • All unique (green) items
    • Special event items

well last time you make quite a lot of money from selling junk...now no more...which casual player will take the time to learn how to solo UW to farm ectos? and most rare items that drops from monsters are useless that you have to sell to merchant anyway...This update doesn't help the casual player like it says at all...

Fourth day and still not one gold drop in normal or hard mode in a place I used to get at least 1 and sometimes 2 golds. The only golds I get now I have to PAY for out of chests. This in an area I always clear because of all the bosses. Anet has screwed pretty much everyone BUT the solo farmer lol. I don't even think I'm getting 1/8th playing with just 3 heroes and 1 or 2 henchies. You really need to turn that exempt list off again so everyone can feel the screwing not just casual players or those that play with henchies or heroes. All you did when you put those items into the expempt list is make soloists happy again.

Sorry, to clarify, you can still farm ectos, you can still farm greens.

But you can't farm for money.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by maguskwt View Post
    well last time you make quite a lot of money from selling junk...now no more...which casual player will take the time to learn how to solo UW to farm ectos? and most rare items that drops from monsters are useless that you have to sell to merchant anyway...This update doesn't help the casual player like it says at all...
    I do.

Learning and practicing certain farming builds are very casual player friendly as far as I can tell, it's perfect to do in that 30 minutes timeframe you might have available and can't spend time looking for a group, completing a mission or working on a quest.

Also, I've yet to see monsters in 8 man areas drop 800+ gold...So now, my major farming spots have taken a heavy hit.