PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Online Store: CE Dances; yes or no?

I'm just wondering if sometime in the future, the Factions & Nightfall CE dances will be available to purchase in the online store. Generally I'd assume that possibly not since it's CE, and that's sort of the point of it being CE. Then again, I also notice the Game of the Year Edition things are in the online store and I didn't really think those would be either.

Hm. So yeah, will "CE dance" upgrades be available in the online store? Well, obviously the only people that can tell us for sure are Anet reps, and even they're unsure sometimes. But what about you all?

If you do not have the CE and the online store made the dances available to purchase for say a $10 upgrade per Chapter, would you purchase them? Why or why not?

If you have CE, do you believe this would cheapen your investment in getting the CE? What are your thoughts on this?

If not "CE dances" do you believe additional unique dances should be available from the online store? Would you buy them?

--

Now, just to reply to myself... I'd buy all that, lol. I think it wouldn't be a horrible idea for Anet to make some money. Dances aren't too horribly difficult to rig after you know what you want it to do, and I imagine a lot of people would be interested. I could be wrong though. Let me know.

Id like to see Special dances for the Core Characters who do not currently have them.

Yes i would purchase them.

No i dont think the current CE dances should be for sale - alternate ones yes/maybe - the current ones no.

Naru

For new dances, what's wrong with a dance trainer?

Do you really need to think up new excuses for ANet to charge for minuscule content updates?

RE CE Dances, no no no. Unless you buy a CE, you don't get a CE dance.
    Last edited by CuriousAnger; 01-05-2007 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAnger View Post
    Whats wrong with a dance trainer?

Do you really need to think up new excuses for ANet to charge for minuscule content updates?
    Do you believe your $50 entitles you to endless free content from Anet? It isn't a core feature that is needed, it is in essence an add on that does not effect gameplay whatsoever. So yes, if they decided to do this then we should have to pay for it.

Also: They need things to be able to sell like this. After GW:EN there will be no more Guild Wars, so the funds from things like this would help support Guild Wars to continue once Anet switches their focus on GW2. It may even give them funds to get some more staff and be able to fix the things that are "in dire need of fixing" or so people believe and still work on GW:EN and GW2 without loss of quality.

At least that's my view on it. If nothing else, at least it would be supporting the company that continues to stand by their game for free... I may not agree with everything they do, but that's still a pretty big step for a game of this gauge. Not to mention GW2 will be the same way.

Not CE. They've stated a load of times they won't sell them, or divine aura.

But /dancenew for core classes, yes, that would be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Flameheart View Post
    Not CE. They've stated a load of times they won't sell them, or divine aura.
    Correct. And even if they did, I wouldn't really want them to (and no, I don't have the divine auras, other than Nightfall's).

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    Do you believe your $50 entitles you to endless free content from Anet?
    Quote Originally Posted by eu.guildwars.com/support/article/frequently_asked_questions_faq/
    Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars? Are there any other fees, such as for patches or updates?

There is no a subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world and there are no hidden fees. You do not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

Interesting question. Anet placed great emphasis on it's assurance of constantly updated free content. In fact their unique business model was the main, or at least a major, selling point in countless PR junkets, interviews and promotions. I don't think reliance on a promise made at release and echoed [constantly] for nearly two years to be foolhardy or unreasonable.

But no. Personally I never expected that level of service, nor is that an accurate description of the current system. Far from being free, ANet charge - regularly (and ridiculously) - for every 'major' content update. But I guess that's another issue entirely.

My objection is far more simple. This is a game. I don't mind putting a price-tag on the cost of playing a game. I have issue with auctioning off a game. Especially when the game in question rose to favor precisely because it promised not to continually dip into your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    It isn't a core feature that is needed, it is in essence an add on that does not effect gameplay whatsoever. So yes, if they decided to do this then we should have to pay for it.
    It's curious if a feature in no way affects your gaming experience why are you willing to pay money for it? Or is 'core' gameplay defined purely by the speed and location of things you kill?

What about titles then? Lets have a title that you can buy. Every dollar you spend in the GW Store earns you 100 points towards your title. Or you can just buy the title outright and save 10%.

Face it, Guild Wars content is skin deep. Aesthetics, it is the only thing that ever changes, it's what defines your character. Anything that affects the way you look is just as important as skill changes or content updates. Taking something from an 'exclusive' release and making it easily accessible is not a small deal that "does not effect gameplay". It is just as huge as putting a dollar value on 15k armor. Which would, if this proposal finds favor in Anet land, would be the next logical step.

NO, I don't have them, but they'd be taking away something that people are proud to have. They wouldn't have any symbolism anymore (kinda like those minipets )

Quote Originally Posted by kungfukid View Post
    NO, I don't have them, but they'd be taking away something that people are proud to have.
    Liar, liar... Pants on fire.

Only one with /dancenew would say that. ;P

But anyway, I say yes. Being able to purchase special dances in the store would be great.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Kailden Jera View Post
    Liar, liar... Pants on fire.

Only one with /dancenew would say that. ;P

But anyway, I say yes. Being able to purchase special dances in the store would be great.

/signed
    Haha, no really, I don't have them, I just know that's the way I would feel, what's the point of them being CE, limited edition, when anyone can get them? Let's just make a 2 year minipet dealer that sells them for 20k each while we're at it.