PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    It is definitely interesting.

That's the style of the pre-searing necromancer armor, although it could also be max-level Ascalon armor from Kaineng Center (I find it unlikely, given the level, but it's still possible). It's hard to make out exactly in the screenshot, but it certainly looks like the necromancers both have Tyrian hair styles.

Therefore I can't imagine that they are bots. It makes no sense. Why would you make a Tyrian necromancer and run it all the way from Ascalon to Lion's Arch, then to Elona, when you could make an Elonian necromancer and get them to the same point in a fraction of the time?

I thnk there is three of them on that screenshot... :S Weird!!!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I liked the pre-sear Necro armor so much, I went to Cantha as soon as I could to pick up the max level like it there. I had guildies help me get there, so I was pretty low lvl when I picked it up.

But going to all those lengths seems to be kinda strange for a bot.
    GWOnline Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mawgleah View Post
    I liked the pre-sear Necro armor so much, I went to Cantha as soon as I could to pick up the max level like it there. I had guildies help me get there, so I was pretty low lvl when I picked it up.

But going to all those lengths seems to be kinda strange for a bot.
    Not really, they have runners to do it for them. E/Me farming in Maatu Keep and Vehjin Mines <--that's middle Elona. Mo/Me farming in Yohlon Heaven, Altrum Ruins. Majority are tyrian born.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha Heavens View Post
    I thnk there is three of them on that screenshot... :S Weird!!!
    the 1st one got 2

Quote Originally Posted by pixl View Post
    there is actually an n/r farming build although i can't find it now
    I did a little research, I think the build is related to the Rihlon Refuge Spider Farming. I remember seeing one in the Ranger's forum, a ranger using necro hexes (SS, RH) to kill the spiders, while using the bridge to avoid attacks. A Necro would definitely be faster because of higher Curse.

They're going to use Edge of Extinction to speed it up, WHICH is by the way a PROPHECIES' SKILL. Maybe that explains why they're tyrian.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyLord View Post
    Not really, they have runners to do it for them. E/Me farming in Maatu Keep and Vehjin Mines <--that's middle Elona. Mo/Me farming in Yohlon Heaven, Altrum Ruins. Majority are tyrian born.
    Just seems silly when they could just create characters in Cantha or Elona, especially as they are just level 4. What's the benefit of being Tyrian born and then being run to these areas?
    GWOnline Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mawgleah View Post
    What's the benefit of being Tyrian born and then being run to these areas?
    Good question. My guess is that to get to max armor in Cantha or Elona one actually has to do missions to unlock the max armor town. Since bots dont do missions, it's probably simpler to start in Tyria and get a run to Droks for max armor or take the boat from LA to access the other max armor towns like Kaineng Centre.

Just a guess though.

Edit: Oh and they also need the -55 offhand.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven Ninety View Post
    Edit: Oh and they also need the -55 offhand.
    Not if they're Necromancer/Rangers. The 55 build uses Protective Spirit, so they'd have to be Necromancer/Monks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Not if they're Necromancer/Rangers. The 55 build uses Protective Spirit, so they'd have to be Necromancer/Monks for this.
    True. I was not referring to this case specifically though, but rather bots in general since most are 55's.

And it's not because they are N/R now that they cant be N/Mo later.