PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Komailan View Post
    If that is the main reason, I think it's silly. Since I can tell you in advance you can win from ranked teams. It's somewhat a missed opportunity on having a nice organized group with some more experienced players, by excluding ranked people.

Anyway, wish you guys good luck and fun. Oh and ofcourse the deer.
    it's not the main reason, but it's part of the deal. if unranked people want to get rank, they need to pwn rank12 teams. it's all part of the fun :)

good luck with pwning rank 12 teams.

GWOnline.Net Member
    dang, ofc today my computer crashes ... posting this on my linux-only laptop, which isnt supported by gw ...

i hope i get things fixed by tomorrow. official run delayed one day. stay in touch

I think you're hurting yourself by not allowing ranked players to help, but good luck in your endeavor.

Btw, GW works just fine in Linux under WINE or Cedega.

good luck, but don't play the same build over and over again, this way the players you rank still won't be flexible enought to be called decent players, if you just want the emote, this is good. If you want to continu play HA, come with different builds and tactics

We've been waiting for 30 mins now and there's no Cyll to be seen or heard from :(

EDIT: whoops, completely missed that post Cyll made.. sorry! Guess it'll have to wait till tomorrow.
    Last edited by Samas; 08-05-2007 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by cyll View Post
    it's the whole point. i want to prove that rankless people can pwn the ranked if they put effort in it. but i dont want to turn this into elitism.
    Oh, if that's the question you're interested in you should have just asked: you can't prove it because it's not true. A good HA team (if any still exist) will be ranked simply in virtue of being good, and they will probably roll you like nothing. You shouldn't be discouraged by this, but neither should you be surprised. I've seen a lot of unranked teams in my day, and been in quite a few as well. I've also been with and seen the other end of the spectrum, and I can tell you with absolutely no doubt that the highly ranked are ranked for a reason. If you want to gain rank, that's an admirable goal and you should go for it. If you just want to prove reality isn't true, you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    Oh, if that's the question you're interested in you should have just asked: you can't prove it because it's not true. A good HA team (if any still exist) will be ranked simply in virtue of being good, and they will probably roll you like nothing. You shouldn't be discouraged by this, but neither should you be surprised. I've seen a lot of unranked teams in my day, and been in quite a few as well. I've also been with and seen the other end of the spectrum, and I can tell you with absolutely no doubt that the highly ranked are ranked for a reason. If you want to gain rank, that's an admirable goal and you should go for it. If you just want to prove reality isn't true, you're wasting your time.
    I believe you misread what he said.
    He didn't say "rankless group will always beat a rank 12 group". He said "rankless people can pwn". Don't you think that's true?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    untrue, i have pwned rank9 or top 100 guilds, hall holding teams and the like. i steamrolled them, flawless victory. kinda good for an unranked guy isnt it?
    getting ranked just takes time, you are just an arrogant rankdiscriminator, the kind of guy we are going to prove wrong

Well.. I'm waiting in HA again... see you soon I guess?