PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Dallcingi
    Oh my turn.
    -> IGN: Soju is Win
    -> current fame/rank: 800ish/5
    -> class experience monk or ele
    -> playable builds: lod/sod/rc/ bsurge/sf/snare
    -> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
    -> reason for obtaining deer emote: i wanna help others i am so bored with gw and crave pvp.
    -> comments i want to add: i dont rage... knowning that i am helping others, that will be another reason why i wont rage but help others improve. losing these matches will help me learn as well.

-> IGN: Noughtyous maximus
    -> current fame/rank: 32
    Ally of the kurzicks(4)
    -> class experience: finished at least 1 campaign on every profession, I do however have quite a big preference for melee charrs warrior and dervish in particular. Ally of the kurzicks(4)
    -> playable builds: I am prepared to roll any build requested.
    -> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
    -> reason for obtaining deer emote: I need a new challenge, nothing to gain in PvE I would want to spend dozens of hours at.
    -> comments i want to add:
    11skills away from AUX
    GMT+1
    dont mind constructive critisism.

IGN: Twilight Goddess
    Current rank/fame: (don't remember haven't checked in awhile, but let's just make it 0 for the sake of this post)
    class experience: I've played almost every one. Most experience with core professions. But I'm a decent dervish as well.
    playable builds: Any Ranger, Ele, or Necro ( I'm the best at, and can make requested build if you tell me in advance).
    Rules: I agree to your rules. Although I'll have to see what GMT +1 times translate into Pacific U.S. time before I can participate right away. I will also stay for the entire HA session I join.
    Reason to gain deer emote: Would like to experience HA and its challenges, and yes because it looks cool
    Other Comments: I don't have every skill unlocked, but I'm willing to unlock any and all skills that are asked for that I don't already have. I am in the Pacific US timezone so I need to figure out what the suggested times are in my timezone before I join...however feel free to contact me here or ingame.
    Last edited by twilight dragon; 11-11-2007 at 00:47.

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    It's possible of course, but the cards generally don't play out that way. I don't want him to go in thinking that rank doesn't mean anything only to walk into the wall of death that a ranked team so often is to an unranked team. As I said, he shouldn't be surprised when a ranked team beats him, and he shouldn't be discouraged either. He should be playing to improve himself and his team as players, not to prove something that isn't true. I'm all for him trying to get his rank up, but it's just wasting his time if all he wants to do is try and "show the ranked."

Indeed it is, nice work. I'm not saying that unranked teams can't beat ranked teams. I know I've certainly lost to my fair share of unranked teams in HA, even when we were at the top of our HA form. But if you're looking to prove that rank doesn't mean anything, you're in for a big let down. Rank is an indicator of experience, and you'd just be crazy to say that experience doesn't matter. Experience, like in all games, matters a great deal. Sure, sometimes you're gonna beat the experienced team, but in general you won't. If you're looking to show them that you can really beat them most of the time, you're on a fools errand. Play to make yourself better yes, but don't expect that other people didn't do the same thing.

I wish you the best of luck, but I know where my money is at. I've spent a lot of time in HA; I watched it grow from a small, tightly knit community of top players in id1 into a monster into whatever it is now. In all that time, ranked players have prevailed over the unranked. Sure, getting ranked just takes time. But where you err is in thinking that time spent doesn't make a difference.
    That might be the best post I have ever read. Nice work. By the way, I am not a PVP player, I just appreciate your thoughtful post.

Is this still running??? If yes it would be awesome.

IGN: Cymru Ranger

current fame/rank: i dont have any :(

class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
    playable builds: Expert Ranger, Dervish and Necro. Mostly Pve builds: SS,MM,Burning poision,AoB Dervish)

I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES

reason for obtaining deer emote: i am not intersted in emotes to be honest. just want to be a good player in pvp.

comments i want to add:none

Quote Originally Posted by Cymru Ranger View Post
    Is this still running??? If yes it would be awesome.

IGN: Cymru Ranger

current fame/rank: i dont have any :(

class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
    playable builds: Expert Ranger, Dervish and Necro. Mostly Pve builds: SS,MM,Burning poision,AoB Dervish)

I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES

reason for obtaining deer emote: i am not intersted in emotes to be honest. just want to be a good player in pvp.

comments i want to add:none
    I am truely sorry but unfortunately this thread is as dead as can be.
    I wouldnt bother if I where you :-(

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyll View Post
    Let me introduce myself: I'm someone who played this game since day one prophecies. I wanted to get the deer emote ever since the first time i saw it. However i played too much PVE (which i like alot) and missed the boat on getting rank back when HA was mostly pugged.

I want to get my deer emote asap now. Not for showing off, but for finally completing a goal i set for myself more than 2 years ago. I'm going to do this, and all interested and unranked guys on this forum can help me (and yourself).

I'm going to run henchway teams. Heroes just OWN humans like a hot knife owns butter. We also need only 4 people to start a team which is a bonus.

*We will run monday, tuesday and wednesday from 11-12pm GMT+1. One hour of focused heroway will easily give us 20-30 fame.
    *In order to complete the 1hour timeframe everyday, I will forbid my teammembers to ragequit. If you leave before 12pm you will not be invited again. You can go back to pug-IWAYfarming your rank
    *Only rankless people are invited, that means 179fame or less. We'll show those stupid rankdiscriminators!
    *No teamspeak//ventrillo. Heroes are perfect spikers and you just need to follow calls and spiking away. It's not difficult at all.
    *Prepare 6k balth faction before 11pm so you can make the most necessary unlocks. I wont boot you over 1 skill but the build needs to be more or less okay. In 1 hour we'll get around 20k faction so this is an easy investment.
    *have most of the heroes unlocked, especially monks and eles
    *fairplay, no obscene language, not saying GG, not emoting over corpses, not leaving for factiondenial, no swearing etc etc

I need the following: SFeles, SHeles, all kinds of monks (ZB, WoH, LoD infuse, RC, ...), dominations/shutdown/Edenial mesmers, all kinds of necros (mm, ss, hex, battery...), assassins, warriors .... Basically any current metagame build.

if you can find yourself in these rules, and you want to showoff a deer around june, complete the following chart and post it in this thread:

[B]-> IGN:
    -> current fame/rank: (irrelevant for joining, but i want to know how many times you will join until you get booted for having a rank (see rules))
    -> class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
    -> playable builds: (see list)
    -> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES/NO
    -> reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested)
    -> comments i want to add:
    [B]-> IGN: The Unknowned Sin
    [B]-> current fame/rank: 6 Fame Points
    [B]-> class experience: Assassin, Warrior well basicly meele types
    [B]-> playable builds: Any Build that you want me to play i can play it, monk,mesmer,anything you name it, i got all skillz unlocked and builds Saved.
    [B]-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
    [B]-> reason for obtaining deer emote: No big reason Really just want to reach the rank.
    Last edited by xxlionxx; 21-02-2008 at 22:15.

Quote Originally Posted by xxlionxx View Post
    [B]-> IGN: The Unknowned Sin
    [B]-> current fame/rank: 6 Fame Points
    [B]-> class experience: Assassin, Warrior well basicly meele types
    [B]-> playable builds: Any Build that you want me to play i can play it, monk,mesmer,anything you name it, i got all skillz unlocked and builds Saved.
    [B]-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
    [B]-> reason for obtaining deer emote: No big reason Really just want to reach the rank.
    This thread died only a few weeks after it was started.

GWOnline.Net Member
    IGN: Lord Krana
    -> 1 fame xD
    -> Warrior , Necro , Assasin
    -> SS,SS,WoD,coward warrior, cripling slash ,grenths grasp assa, some hammer builds and so on ... )
    ->YES
    -> show off on the organised HA teams
    -> Off with rank discrimination !!! (same thing with ursan xD )

Please check the date of the last post prior to posting.

Last post was 2-22-2008, and it rings 100% true.