PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Errr... is something missing from hard mode?

Hmmm...

Okay just a wee question, I'm nearly sure Gaile said that hard mode was gonna drop like special skinned weapons which couldnt be gotten in normal mode, yet i still havent heard of any such weapons being found.

In fact the only hard mode exclusive item seems to be tomes.

Did i just pick gaile up incorrectly or are we missing new skinned weapons?

As to be honest i think thats whats making me not wanting to play hard mode, their is 0 exclusive content. Everything i can gain in hard mode i can gain in normal mode.

On one hand i have a higher chance of gaining golds etc in hard mode but then on the other hand i can kill things faster in normal mode. Ultimately after about 20 runs i kinda came to the conclusion that in high end areas; my gold weapon to time invested ratio was actually far more profitable in normal mode. (as i could also use my lockpicks more economically too)

I was really hyped about hard mode before it came out mainly because I had been led to believe it had new spankey pve only skills and new weapon skins; however it doesnt have either of these thus far. (i know the pve only skills are getting added soon)

Either way though, even if i did pick it up wrong, i still think hard mode should include an array of special skinned weapons otherwise whats the appeal?

(i know im gonna get a selection of people to say 'just play it for fun' and thats all fair and well. However personally i feel its more fun being given special rewards for investing alot more effort into something such as hard mode as opposed to its easier counterpart)

Regards

Sal

GWOnline.Net Member
    There are max level versions of some early level skins in HM, I think that's what is meant.

i got this outta hard mode its not really a new skin or anything i do beleave its a rare skinned cesta only place ive ever seen them drop was in ascalon and pre seer some in notheren shivers in normal mode and had crap stats like made for level 6-12s in the old days i got this one of coarse from NF HM on noob island outside of the cliffs of djork er w/e
    found it as is hasnt been modded by me yet i kept it because it reminds me of "Grenth's" hand and IMHO 1 of the best looking grims in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot Du Lac View Post
    i got this outta hard mode its not really a new skin or anything i do beleave its a rare skinned cesta only place ive ever seen them drop was in ascalon and pre seer some in notheren shivers in normal mode and had crap stats like made for level 6-12s in the old days i got this one of coarse from NF HM on noob island outside of the cliffs of djork er w/e
    found it as is hasnt been modded by me yet i kept it because it reminds me of "Grenth's" hand and IMHO 1 of the best looking grims in the game

yeh thats cool man, but really thats just a buffed old skin as you said.

It is possible to get that skin maxed and golden from playing nm too though. i think they drop in vabbi and the realm of torment.

honestly im not sure ive never seen one like this anywhere else but im the loner type only play with heros/hench so u know i never really see what drops 90% of the time unfortunetly....

now i can comment ive been getting new skins/named items even in normal mode why i ask? idk maybe there not new but seem new cuss ive never seen them b4 but ontopic i do beleave gaile did say never b4 seen drops so i would think thats new skins wouldnt you but who knows they never show us any pics for an example.....

thanks matey for the info.

Also man dont be a loner your missing out on alot of the fun in the game.

most fun i ever had was when i was a monk and everyone got wiped by a massive group of mursaat,found out that all 7 of my compatiots had just bought factions and went and got canthan armour and had forgot to infue it.

Was so bloody funny, they died like 80 times each but we finsihed the mission, everyone with 60dp.

was a great laugh though.

Sal

:)

GWOnline.Net Member
    My bet is, that they will get it up. Only with a small delay. Just like DoA. (though they may implend it with the PvE only skills update, where they are going to change bow skills and the mesmer)

offtpoic: no big deal homeslice been loner for 2 years in gw i every now then play with my uncle but he hasnt played in past few weeks so its just me and my 10 chars hate say it but it does get boring not having atleast someone to chat with :(

anyways keepa searching i bet ya finally come across a new skin or somthin surly just dont look to hard cuss you'll never find'em

Fun factor?

Yes, good money and good drops. xD