PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Should there be new mods? Sure, that'd be nice. Should the be a mod that extends hexes? Absolutely not.

I've always felt there was a little limit on useful weapon mods, but the ones that are useful are really useful, so i'm still not complaining. If that makes any sense.

My ideas

Sneaky [mod] : +X% dmg on critical (over and above damage dealt on a crit)

[mod] of Luck : +X% better chance of getting a specific drop (MF, Diablo II, anyone? hah, ok, jk)

I liked ideas others have posted, like, the blocking mod, the other types of damage (dark, holy, and so on...), IAS mod (no greater than 10%)...
    EDIT: oh yeah, 20% HSR/HCT on binding rituals/nature rituals that one too

increased hex duration mod? Tell me about mesmer improvement to GW...
    Last edited by Zsig; 17-05-2007 at 23:25.

I'm confused why there isn't a silencing mod for Swords, especially for use with Quivering Blade. Warriors can cause Dazed with Skull Crack or Headbutt/ Plauge Touch anyways.

A +15% vs Enchanted foes would be nice.

Otherwise, various extra mods probably wouldn't see much use. Warding is an available choice, but does it ever see use? Nope, not really. Extra mods would be nice and all, but I really couldn't see them replacing the current mods that are widely in use (and very versatile and useful).

Quote Originally Posted by Skye Marin View Post
    I'm confused why there isn't a silencing mod for Swords, especially for use with Quivering Blade.
    And Skull Crack, too.

I've never understood why every weapon but a Bow gets access to a Furious mod.... even a Scythe has 1 for christ sake. At least make all the mods available to all the weapons. Like Silencing said above.

How about a mod that increases stance time? It would be like enchantment increasing, but more annoying when used by a Ranger. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKnowMo View Post
    THe game is missing the following:

+20% Hex mod
    +33% Blind mod
    -20% Exhaustion mod

No wonder it's so imba.
    The +Hex mod has been discussed - nothing more to say here.

I can't see any problem with a +Blind mod but some skills would need to be rebalanced.

Exhaustion, however, is not a condition (it's not removed by condition removal skills or transferred by plague touch, etc.). There are very few skills that can inflict exhaustion on foes and this makes it a "condition" that is almost completely under the control of the sufferer. Introduction of such a mod would mean that you would never need to incur the full 10 points of exhaustion due to weapon selection/swapping - they may as well reduce exhaustion to 8 points of energy and forget about the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Skye Marin View Post
    I'm confused why there isn't a silencing mod for Swords, especially for use with Quivering Blade. Warriors can cause Dazed with Skull Crack or Headbutt/ Plauge Touch anyways.
    Only Skull Crack inflicts Dazed on a foe, the other two inflict it on yourself - the duration of this would be extended, and would be again when transferred via plague touch. This would give the potential to apply well over 30 secs of Dazed when used with Headbutt/Plague Touch. Warriors are the only prof that can apply Dazed to themselves and this could be why none of their weapons have this mod.

I would like to see some Beast Mastery mods. Come to think of it, I'd like to see some Beast Mastery weapons.

Binding Ritual mods would also be nice but there are already skills which affect casting/recharge time and a new mod could cause problems when stacking with these.

I guess the main problem with adding new weapon mods is that the game is currently balanced for the mods that are currently available - new mods would require rebalancing and we'd end up back at square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cally Nish View Post
    Only Skull Crack inflicts Dazed on a foe, the other two inflict it on yourself - the duration of this would be extended, and would be again when transferred via plague touch. This would give the potential to apply well over 30 secs of Dazed when used with Headbutt/Plague Touch. Warriors are the only prof that can apply Dazed to themselves and this could be why none of their weapons have this mod.
    Thats a poor reason. There is nothing at all stopping a warrior holding a Spear with a Silencing mod when using/touching off Dazed from Headbutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    Anyways.... +30hp for wands would be nice.
    /agree
    Also:

First name mods like:
    Sundering for say, for wands and staffs hell y not?
    (theres a wand in pikens that has 10% AP)

Hale weapon mods other than staffs?

or maybe

inscriptions like
    +10 or more health with -10%+ damage or -5 to -10+ energy
    health, damage and energy can save the day, just depends.
    GW Chars:
    W/Mo 20 Sir Lancelot Du La --- R/xx 20 Willie Nelson

Mo/Me 20 Mai Kioko --- N/xx 20 Wicked Death Queen

A/D 20 Sai Kioko --- E/Mo 20 Oya Goddess Of Wind

Rt/xx 20 Wickedly Insane --- D/P 20 Hooded Masacre

sorry matey i understand your point, but this would way overpower hexes, so not signed.

I however do think that they should add a ranger staff attuned to wilderness survival. Would be so much better for trapping!!!!!!!!! Actually i think rangers need a few more types of weapons for them,as bows just arent suitable for a lot of none-marksmanship builds, such as trapping builds, spirit builds,running builds and beast mastery builds.

Sal