PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii

Some help needed...

... defeating Shiro. My new ritualist has now reached Imperial Sanctum. While not had any problems before in Factions campaing I am now stuck with Shiro. Oh and I would like to do this with heroes / henchies.

It's not that Shiro kills me... but it's a draw! First time I entered Imperial Sanctum Mission I fought against him about an hour and mapped back to Mission start... Most my other attempts have been the same, except I map out sooner.

I have tried having warriors ( Koss, Lukas, Devona ) ... but they simple don't hit shiro hard enough, so I added Zenmai, but she is too squishy and usually get's killed right away, even as I have a restoration setup and have monks in my team.

Having monks in team is a BAD thing there,as he banish them right away summoning bound monks to the battle field. Also not having monks is a BAD thing as then he usually banish me! Well, the mists ain't a bad place to be, but even as I run back as soon as I can, Shiro has usually killed too many of party members when there's no healer ( or not enough healers around )....

I also tried having Olias ( equipped with ss, insidious parasite, reckless haste...) in my team, and he not so good either...

Jin is no good or I haven't been able to make her build to work there...

Zhed... Zhed was quite good to make damage to the shiro, but the result with him was the same...

What can I do....?

Well I jumped to Elona until I can find lout a solution to this...

EDIT: I have not get General Morgahn, Goren / Norgu or Razah yet...
    Last edited by Viti Ligo; 18-05-2007 at 07:43.

GWOnline.Net Member
    1. Armor ignoring damage.
    2. Stance Removal

There's plenty of ways to get armor ignoring damage, especially in the Necro and Mesmer lines. Stance removal is limited to the "Wild" skills, so you'll need a Warrior, Assassin or Paragon.

the problem here is that heroes CANT get banished NOR do they get THAT skill.
    so if you fill up youre team with heroes - you limit the choice of fighters who can get banished.

going ritu - i suggest bringing spirits (pain, bloodsong, anguish, shadowsong!, union). you lay them down before you aggro and then just watch them do massive damage.
    take oli and make him bring very few skills so that he spams only those and not runs out of energy.
    spiteful or spoil.
    with weakness.
    and set him up mesmer secondary for empathy.
    wild blow is very sweet since it ends his stance - but the hench dont have it there - so you either need a human or a hero to help.
    rez SIGNETS being the rez of choice - nothing else!
    and i always bring a physical heavy team. meaning as little casters as possible. mostly all hench - i try to cap SV on all my casters just to use it for shiro.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Take 1 hero monk. Shiro does not banish heroes for some reason.
    KD's work on Shiro, I know there is a Rit Spirit that hands out knockdowns.
    Take a Mesmer/Necro hero with Spoil Victor or SS/ Insidious Parasite/Empathy and the like.
    Then take an ele hero with lots of damage skills for that darn Meditation skill.
    For henchies take both Warriors, the ele, and one of the mesmers.

This setup should be able to get you masters.

Take the most powerful skills you can. I know Channeling has some pretty powerful skills.

Achievements:
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by upier View Post
    the problem here is that heroes CANT get banished NOR do they get THAT skill.
    so if you fill up youre team with heroes - you limit the choice of fighters who can get banished.

going ritu - i suggest bringing spirits (pain, bloodsong, anguish, shadowsong!, union). you lay them down before you aggro and then just watch them do massive damage.
    take oli and make him bring very few skills so that he spams only those and not runs out of energy.
    spiteful or spoil.
    with weakness.
    and set him up mesmer secondary for empathy.
    wild blow is very sweet since it ends his stance - but the hench dont have it there - so you either need a human or a hero to help.
    rez SIGNETS being the rez of choice - nothing else!
    and i always bring a physical heavy team. meaning as little casters as possible. mostly all hench - i try to cap SV on all my casters just to use it for shiro.
    I didn't make use of the fact heroes can't get banished ! That changes things a lot...

Shiro Dies Fast. All-hench/hero-party can do it in ~50s.

This movie shows actually a monk, but his skills are not important. Important is:
    Hero N: Spoil Victor/Empathy
    Hero W: Wild Blow
    Do not take more heroes they don't have/use celestial skill. No monks! Mhenlo is enough.
    Best build for Rit here is probalby Spiritbomber (Pain/Bloodsong/Wanderlust/Shadowsong/Anguish/Painful Bond).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux95eiP0hls

That's all. Spoil Victor can be replaced with Spiteful Spirit. Both of them (SS and SV) work better when triggered manually.

Just want to add here that Nightmare Weapon is a great Shiro killing skill. Throw it in the warrior, life steal FTW.
    IGN: Yui Sitamura Rt/x
    Member of Reign of Xen [XoO]

GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    you want wild blow on a hero and a warrior hench or two to get their ownage celestial skill. A painful bond build would be my recommendation, or resto.

Achievements:
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Killed shiro... the trick was to equip my necro heros with just few skills. Olias had SS, Insidious parasite, and weaken armor, Mow had Spoil Victor, Parasitic bond and Reckless haste. I think they did most of damage...

Koss had just some sword build and I also had both warrior henchies, an interrupt hench and domination henc.