PC Gaming News

Getting Razah and hero & hench money sharing

is it me or has the quest to get Razah got eaiser? another thing wot is the point of the heros and henchies geting a cut of your money pickups? I say if u use heros and henchies when u go on by yourself with them you should get al the cash imo

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    The only change made to the Razah quest as such is that they removed the gem requirement to get to him. However, with the introduction of Hard Mode, Normal Mode became easier as the AI was toned down (less kiting, less AoE flee etc).

If you go with Heroes/Hench, you are not really going "by yourself" though, are you? And the point of H/H taking drops is that it should not pay more to play with H/H than to play with real people.

when i ment go on by your self i ment not with other players

Quote Originally Posted by Karn the Betrayer View Post
    when i ment go on by your self i ment not with other players
    Even so, it is still not technically "by-yourself" if you take H/H, so you shouldn't get all the drops. There are ways to get more drops reserved for you, not necessarily more gold or XP though.

I do partially agree with you though. I would like it if we got a portion (not necessarily all) of the drops that our heroes get (not henchies) since we have to equip them. Specifically how much we get, who knows, maybe 25-33% tops (I know, it doesn't sound like much, but it would add up fast). I don't see ANet doing that any time soon though.

ok that thing about H/H abosorbin greens is rubbish

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    The only change made to the Razah quest as such is that they removed the gem requirement to get to him.
    Huh? Has this already been implemented? (... and getting your gems back if you initially spent them?)

I must be blind...

Edit: Implemented April 5th?!? Wth, I guess I stopped reading those patch notes after crying in frustration over the SR nerf
    Last edited by satenia; 23-05-2007 at 08:03.

hard mode or not, I reckon in easy mode those monsters were slow to aggro cause i killed like half of each mob even before they decided to fight

hard mode or not, I reckon in easy mode those monsters were slow to aggro cause i killed like half of each mob even before they decided to fight
    in essence, NM became baby mode, HM became a boring silly exercise in pulling and agro, added with tedium and boredom for what appears to be a not significantly improved reward... = *yawn*
    I dont have the time to spend putzing around HM to get some of the stuff done i wanna, and NM is a breezefest, :(

re drops... thats the way it was, is and ever shall be... you get 1/8th on average with a full H/H team

ok that thing about H/H abosorbin greens is rubbish
    Like I said, there are two ways to increase your drop ratio that I know of.

I'm not going to say anything beyond the first, take smaller parties so that each party member's percentage increases. For example, if you take 8 party members you will get about 1/8 drops (about 12.5%). Reduce your party to 6 and you, theoretically, increase your ratio to 1/6 (about 16.7%) and so on. If you are actually by yourself you will not quite get 100% drops, but close. This first method increases your gold and XP intake as well.

The second does not increase gold and I;m not sure about XP, but it may increase your DROP ratio. You can find the method in the forums if you look, but I don't want if Nerfed so I'm not proliferating it.
    Last edited by jayeddie; 24-05-2007 at 13:41.