PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb New Item Spell Ideas

Cursed was Sadako:(Elite)
    Cost: 15, Cast Time: 1, Recharge: 30
    Elite Hex Spell. Target foe is hexed and forced to hold Sadako's ashes for 10 seconds. When Sadako's ashes are dropped, all allies near the holder are dealt 34-91 Lightning damage and this hex ends. If Cursed was Sadako lasts it's entire duration, the holder is dealt 47-105 lightning damage. If the target foe is already holding an item, this spell fails. (Channeling Magic)

~Hehe think about a warrior about to melee spike your monk, then BAM! all of a sudden he's holding ashes and can't attack. Best part is, if he drops the ashes, he nukes his own teammates. If he doesn't drop the ash, he nukes himself. It would be pretty freakin' sweet to mess with enemies by using this. It would be removable by a dehexer to make it fair, but I thought it was a neat spin on item spell usage. There would be so many uses:

1.) To stop a flag runner from carrying the flag until he drops the ashes or is dehexed. He would have to drop the ash and blow up teammates in order to grab an object if he is hexed before he gets to the flag. This is useful when the runner has a nearby ganker that is assisting him when he gets stuck with the pot.

2.) To mess up a melee spike.

3.) To drop the max energy of a spellcaster or monk during a pressure roll by forcing them to hold the item and drop their weapon + offhand.

4.) To set up a foe with a nasty catch 22 in which they blow themselves up, or blow up their team in order to restore their functionality.

This spell would not interrupt spellcasting, so if a player was casting a spell they would be holding the ashes when the spell ends rather than having their spell be interrupted to hold the ash. Giving it interrupt potential would way overpower it. However, this does not apply to melee attacks or physical skills. If a dervish was using a melee skill or ranger was firing arrows they would stop to hold the ash. It would be funny to see an assassin suddenly stop in midcombo to hold an ashpot, get pissed and drop it only to blow up his nearby monk.
    Last edited by Lord Helmos; 23-05-2007 at 01:59.

I like it.. I like it... I was trying to encorporate a new lvl of variables into skills, so maybe it could go something like this:
    Cursed was Sadako:(Elite)
    Cost: 15, Cast Time: 1, Recharge: 30
    Elite Hex Spell. Target foe is hexed and forced to hold Sadako's ashes for 10 seconds. When Sadako's ashes are dropped, all allies adjacent...nearby the holder are dealt 34-91 Lightning damage and this hex ends. If Cursed was Sadako lasts it's entire duration, the holder is dealt 47-105 lightning damage. If the target foe is already holding an item, this spell fails. (Channeling Magic)

Very cool Helmos.....very cool

Hey, this actually sounds like fun.

This skill would be quite fun, indeed, perhaps a little too fun. Spike stop and mild nuking together? thats quite powerful. In terms of use it seems to me more like a mesmer skill honestly, except for the ashpot part. Still a super fun idea.
    IGN: Yui Sitamura Rt/x
    Member of Reign of Xen [XoO]

GWOnline.Net Member
    Awesome idea, but probably hell for the programmers.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelz View Post
    Awesome idea, but probably hell for the programmers.

As a friend of mine used to tell us when we modded/scripted on his NWN server/module, if it's more trouble than it's worth - we don't do it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Sounds fun to play with.... "Here dude, hold this please while I kick your butt"

Haha! It's like forcing another player to catch a live grenade but he can't throw it back.

The picture in my head of a warrior about to hit someone with a hammer when...

BAM! Wtf! Where did this pot come from?

*Drops pot*

Boooooommmm *screaming teammates enveloped by lighting*