PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member

So this begs the question to me Anet...

Since our guilds are now officially tracked by /help and are officially "entered" into blank pages on GWW...what sort of info should we put there? If anything?

I figure you might have a bot that'll track each guild's info and post it later on or something (just general stuff, date of creation, alliance guilds, ranks, faction, members, etc) but I dunno.

Depends, IMO

I would suggest going to the GWW page about guild pages (it's Formatting: Guild Pages or something like that - believe it or not we are not allowed to link to the OFFICIAL wiki here) and taking a loot at it. It mentions the kind of thing expected (by the wiki community, not by Arena Net) to be in a guild page.

Erasculio

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio View Post
    believe it or not we are not allowed to link to the OFFICIAL wiki here)
    Um, excuse me?

Please don't spread false information.

Linking to the official ArenaNet-run wiki site is perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
    Um, excuse me?

Thank you.

Wouldn't be that much of a loss

Um, excuse me?

Yes, I'll refrain from posting what a member of the Administration has told me (after delaying the answer for two months and giving a very thoughtful reply that consisted on "No :)"). Good to see the left hand knows what the right one is doing.

Erasculio

Um, I've been outta game for the last couple days...would someone kindly explain to me what the OP is talking about? Many thanx

Yes, I'll refrain from posting what a member of the Administration has told me (after delaying the answer for two months and giving a very thoughtful reply that consisted on "No :)"). Good to see the left hand knows what the right one is doing.

Erasculio
    Given that the matter was brought up among the moderation, I think you're either misinterpreting something that was said to you, or taking it out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlan View Post
    Um, I've been outta game for the last couple days...would someone kindly explain to me what the OP is talking about? Many thanx
    Read the update notes for today, the 24th.

Good to see the left hand knows what the right one is doing.
    Don't tell me that surprises you. It happens in a lot of organizations, especially ones that use volunteers.

I noticed on the 'Guild Pages' poilicy page that any guild page that doesn't receive a 'substantial edit' for one month will be tagged as inactive and then deleted one month after that (the page will be, not the guild itself). What's the point of auto-creating a page for guilds if it's just going to end up deleted a couple months later.

Or am I misunderstanding how this works? I didn't see the guild I'm in listed on GWW. Dang, now I'm just more confused than before *sigh*

GWOnline.Net Member
    Um, excuse me?

Linking to the official ArenaNet-run wiki site is perfectly acceptable.

Why do links to "the-other-site" and "the-other-wiki" get deleted (at least weeks ago they were) but not links to the official wiki?
    Doesn't the official wiki more or less contain the same stuff that's in this site's wiki? I thought that was the rule, if we have something similar we can't link other resources that talk about the same.

Strange much.
    Last edited by Emosh; 25-05-2007 at 18:20.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emosh View Post
    Why do links to "the-other-site" and "the-other-wiki" get delete but not links to the official wiki?
    Doesn't the official wiki more or less contain the same stuff that's in this site's wiki? I thought that was the rule, if we have something similar we can't link other resources that talk about the same.

Strange much.
    Probably because it is the official wiki. What use is a Guild Wars Fan Site if they don't allow official Guild Wars information to be show?