PC Gaming News
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazel The Assassin View Post
    Ascension still has a purpose. Iirc, Ascension was there not to fulfill the Flameseeker Prophecies, but to gain the favor of the gods (and be more likely to end up in the Hall of Heroes upon death), or something of the like.
    Even if random people can ascend, though (and I doubt anyone had done so before; the feeling I have is that since the time of the Elonians no one had managed to do it), going to Glint's lair after the ascension is not necessary. We went there (or rather, we were summoned there) because the dragon wanted to guide us about the Flameseeker Prophecies; now that her pet prophecy has been fullfilled, I don't think Glint would allow random people (ascended or not) to find, much less enter, her lair.

Erasculio

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Unless you manage to threaten a Forgotten to get you in (Though I think they'd rather die), you're on a dead end Booka.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio View Post
    Even if random people can ascend, though (and I doubt anyone had done so before; the feeling I have is that since the time of the Elonians no one had managed to do it), going to Glint's lair after the ascension is not necessary. We went there (or rather, we were summoned there) because the dragon wanted to guide us about the Flameseeker Prophecies; now that her pet prophecy has been fullfilled, I don't think Glint would allow random people (ascended or not) to find, much less enter, her lair.
    For her lair, yes, but for Ascension, no. There are 2 past groups before us who attempted to Ascend, the Margonites and the Elonians (well, the Margonites were supposedly attempted but now knowing of the Margonite's origins, it's rather hard to tell).

Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    Unless you manage to threaten a Forgotten to get you in (Though I think they'd rather die), you're on a dead end Booka.
    I don't get what you mean by this Karuro. Is this towards Glint's lair, or towards Ascension. If towards Glint's lair, you would be correct, but for Ascension, you wouldn't need to threaten a Forgotten to get in. In fact, as the Forgotten are servants of the True Gods, and mostly wiped out after Prophecies - on Tyria that is - threatening them would not only be hard to do, but would also prevent Ascension more then help it.

Achievements:
    Guild

It was about Glint's Lair.

To Ascend you have to do the trials to access Augury Rock, to defeat the doppleganger. Then the hallway after it basically leads you to the Dragon's Lair outpost. Most likely a teleport dial or something.

(How the Vision crystal resets and a new enemy Ghostly Hero ends up in Dunes of Despair, I don't know. On that topic, one trial is caused by the Elonians themselves. Since they split up the Vision crystal and each took a part with them.)

Then you stand there puzzled, because you don't have the knowledge to open the crystal-portals to enter Glint's Lair. Which only the Forgotten (And Glint?) know, as far as we know.

Then again, you wouldn't need to speak to Glint anyways if you only came to Ascend. Find your way out and take a boat or mountain trip. The Zaishen know of a way at least, unless they all Ascended and are now stuck in the outpost and lost in the desert.
    Last edited by Karuro; 17-10-2008 at 16:54.

For the vision crystal, unless stated so *been a while since I did that mission*, I don't think it was ever "split" but just simply never put together by the Elonians. It would just "reset" and the new "Enemy Ghostly Hero" would be the Ghostly Hero we help in Dunes of Despair.

For the Zaishen, I think they got to Tombs of the Primeval Kings via the portal *in through the Battle Isles, out through the Tombs*.

The Sunspears probably got the Tombs the same way the Primeval Kings did, but that'd be a long walk *as technically, people wouldn't be limited to how we are, they'd be able to climb mountains and whatnot*.

Achievements:
    Guild

I always had the impression the Ghostly Hero through all trials was well... Turai. Not generic ghostly-hero #7 :S

I'll second the "give them bloody names" statement.

Yeah, the as far as I can tell, there are numerous Ghostly Heroes. Turai (seen in Amnoon, Tombs, and HA battles), the three in Augury Rock mission (that is the only place where they have their real names) who are also in their respective missions, and then various buried monarchs in the HA battles (such as Lord Victo).

Just a little note from me. I reserve the right to delete posts that go off topic or are simply a comment on how old a thread is, or "Hi, I am here". Keep in mind that thread necromancy in the Lore Forum is perfectly appropriate and not a big deal at all. Lore threads are just as pertinent today as they were when authored. If someone has an idea on additional evidence or wants to comment on something, that's perfectly okay.

Also, if you see inappropriate off topic spamming, please feel free to hit the report button.

Cheers!

Kali

Hello, my first post here. Wasnīt sure where exactly should this go to.
    I was running around the seaside in Gates of Kryta mission and there were a lot of rocks. I didnīt really give them much attention at first because, well, usually people donīt stare at every rock they encounter. But then I randomly stumbled upon THIS
    That just freaked me out and I did quite much nothing than stared that for a while (middle of the night, didnīt really think too much at that time) Then I realized I could take screenshots and go asking around if anyone knew what on earth had I found. Maybe itīs just my mind playing tricks on me but that looks like a big claw.

I think that's just rocks... I don't see a claw-like shape at all...

Also, welcome.