PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar

local spam removed maybe

after hearing what gaile said yesterday this should make many people happy.
    this is what was said.

Blocking people who spam general chat with trades will be enforced "very soon

No clue how they are planning to do that, but it would be nice, although the busy cities will never be my main place to go for a nice chat I think

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by devils wraths View Post
    who spam general chat with trades will be enforced "very soon
    Kind of an unrelated note, but is there any chance the trade channel can actually get the font colors adjusted a bit? Every other channel has different font colors for the username and the message after it. The trade channel just has that one shade of pink for BOTH the username and the message. It is one giant mess of pink, which contributes to the unreadability of it.

Not trying to support that spamming other channels with trade spam is a good thing (I don't believe it is), but a point can be made that the trade channel could certainly get a fixer-upper of its own with just a simple tweak.

Two shades of color in trade chat please. Either make it like every other channel that has different font colors for the username and message or have every other message in a sequence be a different color or something. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by TideSwayer; 11-06-2007 at 13:45.

GWOnline.Net Member
    why don't they just make the ignore list unlimited?

GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    Does this mean loads of people will be banned at random for being mistaken for spammers, like solo farmers appear to be banned at random for being mistaken for botters?

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    spam is differnt to just saying once or twice is it not. also this is pretty much all gaile said on the subject if i recall right

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cranialexodus View Post
    Does this mean loads of people will be banned at random for being mistaken for spammers, like solo farmers appear to be banned at random for being mistaken for botters?
    Your're right...people get mistakenly banned because they act like bot or in the same town as bots....I can't imagine the mayhem this will cause. Good luck Anet on working out your credibility after this.

And to think, this all can be solve if Anet made an auction house or gave us that promised of a "trade improvement". To the latter...promises promises, no wonder people thinks that Anet is lost and confused and lacking credibility.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Could this actually be a way to bring ACTUAL CONVERSATIONS INTO TOWNS :O. No kidding. A town full of people, 50, perhaps more. And the only communication taking place in the form of WTS STUFF FOR UNREASONABLE PRICES!

GWOnline.Net Member
    Give a temporary ban to anybody who puts a trade message in the local chat.

Quote Originally Posted by devils wraths View Post
    after hearing what gaile said yesterday this should make many people happy.
    this is what was said.

Blocking people who spam general chat with trades will be enforced "very soon
    - It sure makes me happy! Chat spamming is community-wise one of the most irritating things. Sounds like this might just turn Guild Wars a game where community spirit is lifted as mindless spamming and frustration decreases.

IF, big IF, it is implemented correctly. I suggest:

1) Under no circumstances can player repeat same message twice in row. Having to come up with creative phrase each time stops around 95% of all spam, but doesn't hurt normal conversation.
    2) After each phrase is said, that phrase can't be said again for 30 seconds. This is to avoid two-phase spamming "spam A, spam B, spam A, spam B etc."
    3) There will be no additional limits to phrase typing frequency or copy-paste as these features are very prone to "overkill" mistakes. Copy-paste can also be used for useful information.
    4) Party search window character limit should be doubled or tripled, with whole text shown in pop-up when clicked, so that people can put persistent advertisements or LFGs there without unhealthy use acronyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedbanger
    Give a temporary ban to anybody who puts a trade message in the local chat.
    - That would be very hard to implement as server doesn't know what kind of message is selling message. At the moment "WTS" is flagged and messages beginning with that are automatically moved to trading channel. People are getting around this by simply typing "W T S", "WT(S)", or "Selling" for example. Your suggestion is rather extreme, too.
    Last edited by Toge; 11-06-2007 at 14:36.