PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. Anet wants us to trade with other players. However Anet has provided precisely no useful way for us to do this (how they came up with this system in the theory room I'd love to know). So, people resorted to the only method they can, spamming their ads in the 3 major cities. Anets response is to make things even more difficult for these people who just want to sell or buy and get on with their lives? This is somewhat past idiotic and somewhat closer to diabolical.
    If I read the OP well only the general chat would be concerned and not the trade chat.

As the general chat was never intended for trading I fail to see how the block on spamming would be a bad thing where it is concerned.

On a side note I also agree with Jayydestroyer that the party search is a nice way to post a sales advert that can be consulted by anyone in town, it is not perfect but it beats reading a scrolling trade chart every day.
    Last edited by Darakus; 11-06-2007 at 14:52. Reason: change in wording to be more precise

GWOnline.Net Member JayyDestroyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saneah View Post
    Please think before you speak. That is not a viable option due to the INSANE character limitations.
    Use it when they bump the character limit up to normal chat.

GWOnline.Net Member
    from what it sounded like, she said to spread the word that spamming trades in local chat would be enforced soon. she didn't say anything on how they were going to do it but I would expect it would just be a temporary silencing placed on that person. how they're going to program something to decide what is and what isn't trade is beyond me unless they plan on having a mod sit in towns all the time.

I still don't understand how a game like City of Heroes that had no in game economy got an auction house before Guild Wars, a game that pretty much runs on its in game economy . ..

What an absolutely moronic thing to do.

GWOnline.Net Member
    If you spam in local chat you deserve ban.. it doesn't matter if there is Auction House or something like that.. spam in trade if you must but leave local alone...

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devils wraths View Post
    im guessing we got our new trade improvments :D
    ugh

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    well for 2 years how many threads have come up with spamming in local dozens and certainly this will kill bots right ?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Childs View Post
    Your're right...people get mistakenly banned because they act like bot or in the same town as bots....I can't imagine the mayhem this will cause. Good luck Anet on working out your credibility after this.

And to think, this all can be solve if Anet made an auction house or gave us that promised of a "trade improvement". To the latter...promises promises, no wonder people thinks that Anet is lost and confused and lacking credibility.
    Ease up.. nobody said anything about "banning". They only said "blocking", which they do to some extent now with the repeat limit and the block on the "WTS" term. If they extend/improve this blocking, that's fine. Why jump to conclusions that are wrong, and then go off the rails about it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmorley View Post
    Ease up.. nobody said anything about "banning". They only said "blocking", which they do to some extent now with the repeat limit and the block on the "WTS" term. If they extend/improve this blocking, that's fine. Why jump to conclusions that are wrong, and then go off the rails about it.
    Thats the reputation Anet have....what are they going to do...put in a spam filter, o they did that already and it was a failure.

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    i mean bots use local chat all the time for trading so what happens to them :D they get booted :P