PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scutilla View Post
    She said "The devs have told me that we'll be blocking people who spam trade in All Chat in the very near future." I don't see what's inconclusive or unreliable about that
    I didn't see that quote anywhere, only 1 about a very vague 'enforcing' with no definition of what 'spam' constitues and another saying that the rofc doesn't allow spam and that anet will be taking action.

I assume block means muting from all chat.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scutilla View Post
    I think what she's referring to in the log is just a temporary mute, not locking them out of their account- they can still play, they just won't be able to spam trade. (Gaile, correct me if I'm getting this all completely wrong.)
    What if they LFG? So basically, they being locked out from a group.

Quote Originally Posted by vader View Post
    Just another example of Anet throwing a band-aid on a huge gaping wound. Anet wants (almost requires) us to buy / sell / trade with other players but they still don't give us an easy way of doing it. Now, when people actually try to sell their stuff, they will be muted (banning spammers would be idiotic).

use the search or trade channel

Also, I still really don't know why people complain about all the WTS / WTB spam in local chat.

because it's excessive bs

For the most part, its limited to the first 2 districts in the main cities (Kamadan, Lion's Arch, Kaineng, etc). Just switch to another district if its too overwhelming for you.

no, you move, or use the allocated channel, all chat is for general use, gee, even in the most populated towns

Quote Originally Posted by mocax View Post
    why don't they just make the ignore list unlimited?
    and why should i have to waste my time cnp'ing names of violaters of the Rules of Conduct into my list?

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. Anet wants us to trade with other players. However Anet has provided precisely no useful way for us to do this (how they came up with this system in the theory room I'd love to know). So, people resorted to the only method they can, spamming their ads in the 3 major cities. Anets response is to make things even more difficult for these people who just want to sell or buy and get on with their lives? This is somewhat past idiotic and somewhat closer to diabolical.
    o puleeeze, there is no town that goes untouched with spam, and again, use the trade chat or search box
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    What an absolutely moronic thing to do.
    the only thing i see moronic is the all-chat spammers, this comes none too soon for me

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Childs View Post
    tough

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Childs View Post
    If someone is spamming LFG hard, I wouldn't invite them anyway.

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    well jciardha just to inform you we have had our differences and problems but thats nothing to do with forums thats an issue in game which is over a year ago. one thing for certain i would not lie about gaile saying something, and then even think of posting it on forum. on that subject thats all im going to say.

but as you can see someone did kindley put a log up and at the very end of log before she talks about conga you would notice what i said is true.

it could be as simple as if the person says the same thing, or uses certain key words in multiple sentances, they simply cannot use local chat for the rest of the day.

yeah freak out, the end of the world is comming, you cant spam normal chat :O

1) Under no circumstances can player repeat same message twice in row. Having to come up with creative phrase each time stops around 95% of all spam, but doesn't hurt normal conversation.
    2) After each phrase is said, that phrase can't be said again for 30 seconds. This is to avoid two-phase spamming "spam A, spam B, spam A, spam B etc."
    3) There will be no additional limits to phrase typing frequency or copy-paste as these features are very prone to "overkill" mistakes. Copy-paste can also be used for useful information.
    4) Party search window character limit should be doubled or tripled, with whole text shown in pop-up when clicked, so that people can put persistent advertisements or LFGs there without unhealthy use acronyms.
    I can see people going:
    W T S yada yada yada
    W T S yada yada yada.
    W T S yada yada yada!
    W T S yada yada yada!!
    W T S yada yada yada!!!

Yeah, there is a way around most ideas, and your first-third point has just such a flaw.

As for your fourth point, I'm all for that, why did they have to make that box so huge, but put in such a pathetic limit on it anyway?

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ryivan View Post
    Could this actually be a way to bring ACTUAL CONVERSATIONS INTO TOWNS :O. No kidding. A town full of people, 50, perhaps more. And the only communication taking place in the form of WTS STUFF FOR UNREASONABLE PRICES!
    There already IS actual conversation in towns! Just sit in Sunspear Sanctuary and listen to all the 7-year-old dis your mother, or discuss their sexual prowess, or any other player-hatin' going on!

TBH, I PREFER the trade spam sometimes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cranialexodus View Post
    Does this mean loads of people will be banned at random for being mistaken for spammers, like solo farmers appear to be banned at random for being mistaken for botters?
    I haven't read the text. But if they're going to be blocking/banning people who spam in local, then yes, the innocent will surely be punished.

If only there were an auction house or mall (re: Kingdom Of Loathing -- best ingame marketplace in the world) so people wouldn't have to spam and spam and spam and spam and spam to sell their items.

Items, which we've been told are now the alternative to solofarming. Loot nerf, by ANet's ideal, is an encouragement to sell items to other people instead of selling junk to merchants.

Other people. Yes. And how do I reach those other people? Spam spam spam spam spam spam <blocked>.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. Anet wants us to trade with other players. However Anet has provided precisely no useful way for us to do this (how they came up with this system in the theory room I'd love to know). So, people resorted to the only method they can, spamming their ads in the 3 major cities. Anets response is to make things even more difficult for these people who just want to sell or buy and get on with their lives? This is somewhat past idiotic and somewhat closer to diabolical.
    QFT.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrazool View Post

Other people. Yes. And how do I reach those other people? Spam spam spam spam spam spam <blocked>....

Thanks.
    use the trade channel