PC Gaming News

Hybrid View

Help with a MM N/D build please!

Hey, I've made a Necromancer/Dervish MM build. Why dervish secondary? So I can spam BoTM in -PVP only- without worrying to much about my health. I do alot of Fort Aspenwood and abit of Urgoz Warren.

Here's my build:

Animate Flesh Golem
    -Minion-
    -Minion-
    -BoTM-
    Infuse Conditions
    Vital Boon ( I run at around 450 with a pve character.)
    Mystic Regen
    -Rez or Signet of Lost Souls-

Is there any way I can improve this? Infuse doesn't last long but I haven't used a enchantments 20% longer mod. TY for any help.

If you're MM'ing in PvP, Dark Bond is a must. People will realize you're an MM and come chasing after you.

Vital Boon isn't that great, dump it for Dark Bond. Also 2 Minions are enough, I'd dump Flesh Golems for Aura of the Lich. I don't find Fleshies that great in PvP because they suck at pathing and people kite; they often just idle around wandering and doing absolutely nothing. Fiends offer better damage by far. Also you'd probably want a 20% enchanting staff on a swap, use it when casting AoTL, Dark Bond, or Mystic Regeneration, and swap to your Death Magic +1 staff when animating minions.

Thank you for your input! I'll need to work my way to getting to the last mission in Factions to cap Aura. I like Dark bond, but I feel my skills will be too.. spread out? 12 Death + 8 Mystic for +4 regen? +3 Blood, + Leftovers into Soul?

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Aura of the Lich is a Prophecies skill, not Factions. Might have been a typo, but just in case.....Haven't PVP'd w/my MM so can't recommend a good elite. I like Order of Undeath for PVE, but not sure if that's practical in PVP.

Dark Bond can be kept up w/o any points in blood indefinitely. More points only makes it last longer, so that's not really a concern. 8 points in Earth prayers should be enough I would think. I usually go 12 Death, 9 SR 8 Earth, and the rest in Blood when I use Myst. regen on my MM.

I plan to get order of Undeath. Right now I'm just a Factions noobie Necro on "Befriend the xxx" quest. TY BladeDVD! I shall definately try it.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahri View Post
    Hey, I've made a Necromancer/Dervish MM build. Why dervish secondary? So I can spam BoTM in -PVP only- without worrying to much about my health. I do alot of Fort Aspenwood and abit of Urgoz Warren.

Here's my build:

Animate Flesh Golem
    -Minion-
    -Minion-
    -BoTM-
    Infuse Conditions
    Vital Boon ( I run at around 450 with a pve character.)
    Mystic Regen
    -Rez or Signet of Lost Souls-

Is there any way I can improve this? Infuse doesn't last long but I haven't used a enchantments 20% longer mod. TY for any help.
    With Mystic Regen, you want to have as many enchantments on as possible. I don't pvp ( and certainly not as MM ), but you really need many enchantments on you... with my necro I run ( Pve ) mm buils as follows:

Death Magic 16
    Earth Prayers 3
    Soul Reaping: rest

Animate 2kill 1
    Animate skill 2
    Dark Bond
    Dark Aura
    Aura Of The Lich
    BotM
    Touch of Agony
    Mystic Regen

So I am having 4 enchantments on me most of the time = + 8pips of regen, which really is enough with AotL and Dark Bond ( these are the ones I keep up allways ) - I can Spam BotM without having to worry about health.

Furthermore... with Dark Aura on I can deal severe damage to the foes around me with BotM ( and touch of agony ) - If I solo I use BotM even without minions as an offensive skill when touch of agony is recharging.

I also like to have my Jin with high beastmastery and symbiosis -> I take 1/8 damage, have 10+ pips of regen, 500+ hp, 10 minions and ability to deal AoE damage around me... althought energy is now after SR changes a minor issue from time to time.

I have also tried and managed to spam BotM with 3 more hero MMs ( MoW, Olias and Razah ! - at Consulate Docks mission ) so keeping up to 38 allied minions. As I was only one with AotL only I had BotM. That however required some healing from monks... and I could not spam BotM anymore as soon as it recharged...

Quote Originally Posted by Viti Ligo View Post
    Death Magic 16
    Earth Prayers 3
    Soul Reaping: rest

Animate 2kill 1
    Animate skill 2
    Dark Bond
    Dark Aura
    Aura Of The Lich
    BotM
    Touch of Agony
    Mystic Regen
    Very solid build. The only thing I'd possibly change is Touch of Agony -> Res Sig.

As for equipment, I'd try to find a Spear, Sword or Axe with 20% longer Enchantments and 20% Death +1 offhand. Best of both worlds.

Here's another one:

Aura of the Lich
    Dark Bond
    Mystic Reg
    Animate Bone Horror
    Animate Vampiric Horror/Fiend
    Blood of the Master
    Conviction
    Res