PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Whats the point of eye of the north? why even play it?

I just dont get it. I love guild Wars, but whats the point of releasing eye of the north? the games sequel is already on the way. it will be like throwing money out the window.

If they scrapped GW2 and just tried to give the game a long life, like Diablo 2(which is still thriving online) I could understand, but I just dont see the point.

I really dislike GW2 because it will kill the community and developer focus of GW, and then it wont be fun playing. So in a way I dont feel like its worth it to throw money after a product thats dying.

sure the hall of momentum is kinda cool, but as long as I cant transfer my physical character that I love, then I still think its futile, and dissapointing.

It really is beyond my understanding. GW still has awesome graphics. its not even in its prime yet, and its already being surpassed. Seriously WTF, my favorite game is getting the axe for a sequel I dont want or need.:(

I know its been said hundreds of times before, but I still just cant get over it. I f**king hate online sequels. the sequel always kills the game before it, because it needs players to be fun.

Diablo 2 has no developer support at all. The only reason it "still thriving" is that people like to play the game. Guild Wars will be the same.

I'll be buying Eye of the North because I like to play Guild Wars. Eye of the North is a completely separate game to GW2. Saying that GWEN is pointless because of GW2 is like saying Diablo 2 is pointless because of Warcraft 3.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    GW:EN is out later this year at the earliest.
    GW2 will be out 2009 at the earliest.

Think about it, how are ANet going to keep the cash coming in over 2 years with just 3 campaigns that have already sold 3 million?

On top of that, that gives everyone 2 years to finish all three campaigns with at least one or two characters, existing player and newcomer alike.
    Last edited by The Pointless; 17-06-2007 at 15:08. Reason: Learn to spell, Pointy.

maybe for fun?

thats why I play GW and will buy it at least.....

What's the point? New content until Guild Wars 2 comes out. It adds stuff to do over the two year period, as I know I'd be bored of everything in two years with nothing new....

And, GW:EN is a sequel, so... you hate it too?
    Last edited by Zayren; 17-06-2007 at 15:17. Reason: Too many too's

Well mainly I want to finish the Story started in GW, I hate having to finish up any kind of story without finishing all of it.

As soon as you made a diablo reference i laughed and could not take anything beyond that point at all seriously.

I hope that GWEN brings us the only thing that GW really needs (auction house would be nice, but isn't exactlly fundamental): end game stuff.

What are we suposed to do upon clearing all chapters? We have only 3 realms (Kormir, Grenth and Balthazar), one "dungeon" (Tombs of the primeval Kings) and 2 Elite Missions (Deep and Urgoz).

Sure we have PvP and Challenge missions (altough i don't know why they dont add more of these, and even more PvP modes), but some PvE stuff is very welcome.

I can only wish that the 18 dungeons that come with GWEN are only the beggining. More Challenge missions and PvP modes would be very nice (especialy IMO PvP IN PvE, just as the Forts).

Quote Originally Posted by Pub-O View Post
    I just dont get it. I love guild Wars, but whats the point of releasing eye of the north? the games sequel is already on the way. it will be like throwing money out the window.

If they scrapped GW2 and just tried to give the game a long life, like Diablo 2(which is still thriving online) I could understand, but I just dont see the point.

I really dislike GW2 because it will kill the community and developer focus of GW, and then it wont be fun playing. So in a way I dont feel like its worth it to throw money after a product thats dying.

sure the hall of momentum is kinda cool, but as long as I cant transfer my physical character that I love, then I still think its futile, and dissapointing.

It really is beyond my understanding. GW still has awesome graphics. its not even in its prime yet, and its already being surpassed. Seriously WTF, my favorite game is getting the axe for a sequel I dont want or need.:(

I know its been said hundreds of times before, but I still just cant get over it. I f**king hate online sequels. the sequel always kills the game before it, because it needs players to be fun.
    so what are you planning to do for the next 2 years?

*cough* more stuff to do *cough*