PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rt/D need suggestions

Ok So i've been playing with my Rt/W Spirits strength and I love it it is really fun to play. So with the new PVE skill I was wanting to do a build with aura of holy might so here is what i have

Aura of holy might (pve-only)
    Enchantment Spell. All nearby foes take 30...46 holy damage. For 20 seconds, you deal 20...30% more damage with your scythe. When this Enchantment ends, all nearby foes take 30...46 holy damage.
    Whirling charge
    Stance. For 3...13 seconds, you move and attack 25% faster than normal. This Stance ends if you are not under the effects of any Enchantments
    Chilling victory
    Scythe Attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +5...17 damage. Whenever it hits a foe who has less Health than you, target foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 15...51 cold damage.
    Lyssas Assault
    Scythe Attack. This attack strikes for +5...17 damage if it hits. If you are under the effects of an Enchantment, you gain 3...10 Energy.
    Welders boon
    Spell. Heal target ally for 15...51 points. If that ally is under the effects of a "Weapon Spell," Wielder's Boon heals for an additional 15...63 Health
    Spirits Strength <E>
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 15...51 seconds, your attacks deal 5...29 more damage while under the effects of a weapon Spell.
    Vital Weapon
    Weapon Spell. For 15...39 seconds, target ally has a Vital Weapon and has +40...148 maximum Health.
    Rez

So i would use a Zeleous scythe of enchanting (customized). What i would like is suggestions that might make this build better and an attribute point placement would aslo be appriciated. I love these forums because I learn alot about how skills work together. All I know is is that this has the potental to do some damage. Thanks in advance!

I like everything but your choice in scythe attacks, not that they are bad, but I like victorious sweep more than chilling victory because it is spammable and costs less energy. Although I don't like mystic sweep or eremite's attack with my builds, it might be helpful for you since it does extra damage and can be used in between normal attacks. One last option would be to take wearying strike with some form of condition removal, but I don't know how well that would work with your build.

Lyssa's Assault is basically a free skill, but it takes up a skill slot and gives you very little extra damage compared to the other scythe attacks, chilling victory on the other hand does do a lot of extra damage but takes up a lot of energy and can't be used very often. Of course, if you don't want to spam it I guess that isn't a bad thing. Maybe these two skills compliment each other in such a way as to be useful.

As for attributes, that's pretty tricky, you have skills from 5 different attributes, and I usually like to try to stick with three. Since you are trying for an offensive build, maybe you could replace wielder's boon with victorious sweep since it also heals you?

After that, I would rank them in importance of spawning, scythe mastery, and communing/wind prayers pretty much tied. I would recommend 16 in spawning, and 12 in scythe mastery, but that would give you little to work with in the other two categories. Of course, it probably wouldn't matter much for communing since 16 in spawning will add about 5 seconds to the duration of the weapon spell (32% extra time). However, you would only be able to put 3 points into wind, and that would leave you with a 5 second, 20 recharge skill.

So, maybe you should take one attribute out of scythe or spawning (I'd recommend scythe, but I think it depends on how much you want to use scythe attacks). No matter what you do though, I don't see you getting more than 9 seconds from whirling charge, and I don't recommend more either since you would have to put two more points into wind prayers. So don't get more than 7 in wind prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    I like everything but your choice in scythe attacks, not that they are bad, but I like victorious sweep more than chilling victory because it is spammable and costs less energy. Although I don't like mystic sweep or eremite's attack with my builds, it might be helpful for you since it does extra damage and can be used in between normal attacks. One last option would be to take wearying strike with some form of condition removal, but I don't know how well that would work with your build.
    I'm sorry, that makes little sense to me. The vast majority of Dervish builds will use at least 3 enchantments. Which means that Mystic Sweep will do the same damage as Victorious Sweep, except MUCH faster. Victorious Sweep's healing doesn't figure in to the equation, since it only heals you when you don't need the healing.

That being said, my usual set up is composed of both of them.

The idea is quaint on paper, but in practicality, it won't work out to your advantage. Spawning Power and Scythe Mastery by design need to be close to maxed out to deal ideal damage, but that leaves Communing and Wind Prayers with needed points as well.

Whirling Charge needs a lot of investment to be maintained for a duration long enough to be worth it, not to mention it costs a lot of energy to cast. Overall, I don't think it's as worth it as Earth Prayers would be for Mystic Regeneration (over Wielder's Boon). Fortunately, you don't need but a few points (2-4 should be perfect) to keep Vital Weapon up for long enough, especially with the Weapon spell buff to Spawning.

I definitely do not endorse Zealous to be used on Scythes. Dervishes need as much energy as possible, and you will lose energy if you aren't attacking multiple enemies. Vampiric seems to be a better choice, especially to enhance your damage.

Which brings me to my last point. If you aren't attacking multiple enemies, this build seems like a waste of time over the better alternatives of Rt/A and Rt/W. Even /A can pull off adjacent damage, with the use of Death Blossom. /D adds a lot of complicated factors, especially the split in required attribute points, and the lack of something efficient enough to enhance your attack speed.

The vast majority of Dervish builds will use at least 3 enchantments. Which means that Mystic Sweep will do the same damage as Victorious Sweep, except MUCH faster. Victorious Sweep's healing doesn't figure in to the equation, since it only heals you when you don't need the healing.
    Why did you comment on my personal preferences? Fyi, I do have 3 enchantments on my bar with my current build, but that does not mean that I always have those three enchants up. Believe it or not, I actually like to use my time attacking. So I usually have a max of two at a time. Also, victorious does heal you when you need it, as long as you know how to use it. Get a squishy down to low health, use victorious sweep, it is not like you can always use it as a heal, but it can be useful if you actually think before using it. I would rather take victorious sweep than either of the two scythe attacks people seem to love because their conditional requirements annoy me and I believe them to be too much of an energy sap, I already have enough of those in my build to incorporate even more. Those are just my preferences though, if you want to take them go right ahead.

However, I do agree with you that the attributes of this build would need to be way too spread out. Aura of Holy Might would seem like a good reason to make the build, but nothing else quite meshes with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamStealer
    /D adds a lot of complicated factors, especially the split in required attribute points, and the lack of something efficient enough to enhance your attack speed.
    Well not exactly; mystic sweep and eremite's attack, both allow you to pull of quite a nice IAS.

Quote Originally Posted by djacob
    So, maybe you should take one attribute out of scythe or spawning (I'd recommend scythe, but I think it depends on how much you want to use scythe attacks).
    No. I'd recommend Spawning. The 2-3 damage lost on hit isn't that much, nor is the very tiny duration loss. However against foes near your level, you'll deal a lot more damage with 12 Scythes or higher. plus you up the crit rate, which especially in the case of scythes is nice.
    However, I do agree with you that the attributes of this build would need to be way too spread out.
    I don't know; 4 attributes definitely isn't too much, but the problem is whirling charge. For that one to be worthwhile you really should have a lot of points in Wind Prayers. Or use Eternal Aura with the build, but that's a bit of a waste as it would only be used for recharging whirling charge. Still i guess you could use some other skills like Lyssa's Haste, Enchanted Haste or Harrier's Haste.

i have a great rit PvP build, will be posting shortly.

I don't know; 4 attributes definitely isn't too much, but the problem is whirling charge. For that one to be worthwhile you really should have a lot of points in Wind Prayers. Or use Eternal Aura with the build, but that's a bit of a waste as it would only be used for recharging whirling charge. Still i guess you could use some other skills like Lyssa's Haste, Enchanted Haste or Harrier's Haste.
    Yeah, four attributes isn't too much, but I was kind of referencing the build the OP posted (which had 5). Whirling charge truly is the hard skill to fit into this build, I will agree. Vital weapon wouldn't require much attributes put into it's line because of spawning.

Other than that, there is wielder's boon which if I am correct, is in a different attribute. Spreading attributes between three lines is usually not bad, however, when I'm going for a damage build, I begrudge every attribute point I have to take out of the lines that actually deal damage.

That is why I suggested victorious sweep, to get rid of one entire attribute line and still provide moderate healing. Of course, this brings up the problem of front lining a squishy with little healing capabilities. I guess I don't have enough experience with melee rits to fully understand the weaknesses or strengths of this build. All I know is it sounds like it would be hard to pull off a powerful build that would also be able to survive well.

victorious sweep and mystic sweep would be my recommendation for attack skill choices. Lyssa's is just bad, except perhaps with a skill like onslaught on on a ranger.

You're investing in way too many attribute lines. Give up on whirling charge and use eremite's/mystic as pseudo IAS. Get rid of wielder's boon for something in spawning or scythe mastery. You could take vampeurism if you've got slots left over with nothing useful to put them in.

11+2+1 spawning
    12 scythe
    6+1 communing

Yeah, four attributes isn't too much, but I was kind of referencing the build the OP posted (which had 5).
    Ah didn't see wielder's boon; at the OP I'd advice Sight Beyond Sight instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranialexodus
    You could take vampeurism if you've got slots left over with nothing useful to put them in.
    To state the obvious, only in PvE. Thank you for your attention ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    To state the obvious, only in PvE. Thank you for your attention ^^
    well the OP build does have pve-only skills in already, so I think that goes without saying.