PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    about the only class you will see sups or majors on are warriors or rangers. If i play BA ranger i will run 2 majors just to max out on break points.... but rangers are hard as hell to kill, so its really not an issue. Same with warrior, sometimes to hit a breakpoint people will run a sup, but usualy its all minors because the difference between 14 and 16 axe or sword, is not worth the health you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant Dawnstar View Post
    Many people run Majors now actually, and in Prophecies everyone but Monks ran Superiors. That might just be my HA-based opinion, but I still think it's true.
    Oh, in HA sure. In iA we ran with not one but two superiors on our spikers and even sups on our monks. You can do that in HA without getting punished for it, or at least you could. Not in GvG though. iB was the first guild really to start taking sups off their warriors, and people had learned not to run casters with sups long before that. You would still see people swapping sups out of range of combat, like the old Eprod HP eles, but otherwise not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant Dawnstar View Post
    Prophecies - Superior Runes, 450-500 Health.
    Factions - Major Runes, 500-550 Health
    Nightfall - Minor Runes, 550-650 Health

Eye of the North - No Runes, 650-700 Health

Is that what we're going for?
    That can be very true! Especially if they plan to implement that "cracked armor" condition with GW:EN.

Then again, we still don't know what it actually does.

Some possibilities I can think of:
    1) Reduce character's AL straight to 60. This will make health more important
    2) A straight cut of -20 AL. This will make armor more important. Since that's a +20~30% damage.
    3) All damage adds 20% armor penetration. Wouldn't make much difference.

I hope it's #2
    Last edited by SurviverX; 02-07-2007 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by SurviverX View Post
    That can be very true! Especially if they plan to implement that "cracked armor" condition with GW:EN.

Then again, we still don't know what it actually does.

Some possibilities I can think of:
    1) Reduce character's AL straight to 60. This will make health more important
    2) A straight cut of -20 AL. This will make armor more important. Since that's a +20~30% damage.
    3) All damage adds 20% armor penetration. Wouldn't make much difference.

I hope it's #2
    If it does any of those it will be pve only. 700 damage in one unblockable attack would be moderately realistic with the assistance of #2 but where they would all be really ridiculous is on a caster spike team.

I run 605 health on a ranger usually I think. 12+1+1 expertise 10+2 marks 10 WS or something.
    Last edited by cranialexodus; 02-07-2007 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by cranialexodus View Post
    If it does any of those it will be pve only. 700 damage in one unblockable attack would be moderately realistic with the assistance of #2 but where they would all be really ridiculous is on a caster spike team.
    I do not think #2 he listed would be much of a problem, we already have weaken armor and no one uses it. As long as it cannot be spammed, I cannot see the condition becoming much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by woot im a warrior View Post
    I do not think #2 he listed would be much of a problem, we already have weaken armor and no one uses it. As long as it cannot be spammed, I cannot see the condition becoming much of a problem.
    Weaken armor has 3 second cast! That's like...forever! And it only work for physical damage too...

Since everybody is using +health, a -20 from 60AL is a 40% increase in damage. This can be lethal if it sticks. I wonder why nobody add this to hexway... Even if it hits a warrior, dropping from 80AL to 60AL is still a 30% increase in damage.

If I remember correctly, every 40 armor above 60 prevents 50% of damage taken, so -20 armor from 60 AL would give the attacker +25% damage.

Actually, people slap as much +armor and +health on themselves as possible, which is why you see a lot of casters using shields.

EDIT: but player use survivor insignias over the other +AL ones most of the time because the +AL are all conditional (i.e. against physical or while attacking), while the +health are useful in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by woot im a warrior View Post
    it would be stackable with JI+shadow burden wheras weaken armour isn't and its cast time sucks too. Making burden both stick and be effective is hard, but not that hard. Sticking JI on a aoe/mom/sor smiter isn't difficult. Under JI+shadow burden shattering assault is capable of ~405 damage. Another -20 and you're probably looking at a 1 hit KO on a 15 second recharge, imbalanced even with the inconveniences and counters involved.

-20AL does make a large difference, 41% off the top of my head, which is why all the ways to get it have major handicaps.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPantsRepublic View Post
    If I remember correctly, every 40 armor above 60 prevents 50% of damage taken, so -20 armor from 60 AL would give the attacker +25% damage.
    It's a logarithmic scale, not a linear one. -20 armor gives you +41% damage, and -40 armor gives you +100% damage.

In the long run, armor is better, but armor doesn't matter against spike builds or degen builds, and in GvG if you don't run degen, you don't win.