PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Hero's Ascent, not Player's Ascent

Just wondering, why are there so many heroways lately? They are all pretty much the same. They seem kind of overpowered, but for me (Im usually monk), its only the 3 thumpers that are really annoying. The only reason i use heros (usually non-meta heros) is because they are more reliable/available than lower ranked real people (<r6). Im r5, and groups ive been in that are r4/5 dont seem competent enough to get very far (which is why high ranked ppl want high ranked ppl), which is why i take heros (got to halls more often with heros than with real ppl). What my real question is, why do high ranked guilds take heros? Are hero better than them, or do they just not have enough ppl playing? And just a random question to all you pro HA-ers: does heroway count as a gimmick build, even though it can win halls?

Quote Originally Posted by zoombini View Post
    Im r5, and groups ive been in that are r4/5 dont seem competent enough to get very far (which is why high ranked ppl want high ranked ppl), which is why i take heros (got to halls more often with heros than with real ppl). What my real question is, why do high ranked guilds take heros? Are hero better than them, or do they just not have enough ppl playing? And just a random question to all you pro HA-ers: does heroway count as a gimmick build, even though it can win halls?
    An amusing thing I've noticed is that

low ranked ppl > unranked ppl > high ranked ppl

It makes no sense but it's true

Heroway counts as gimmick build if the build is a gimmick (it usually is). If you can pull off a truly balanced team using heros, then good for you, it wouldn't be a gimmick.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Pick up groups are pick up groups regardless of rank and generally dont do very well unless you get lucky when making your team and get a bunch of nice people that can gel fast. Happens very rarely but it happens all the same.

High ranked guilds doing heroway are perhaps bored and are waiting for more people to come on so they can gvg.

All of the high ranked groups (from friends lists and guildmates) run spike builds that are made to kill fast and dont hold up too well to pressure which is all that heroway is. Heroway basically excels in 1v1 battles and suck on kill counts and relic runs. If they get to halls they have skipped those maps or have just been lucky and met bad teams on them.

Try not to go down the road of what is a gimmick and what isnt, its tiresome. Just accept the fact that people will play what wins and what gets them fame (or gvg wins).

No offense to you personally, but any player who has gotton his or her rank since HA went 6v6 probably can't beat most pve missions. The level of competition in HA is laughable. Heroes are better than most rank 9s nowadays.

I actually agree with Shard for once.

If you didn't have you tiger a year+ ago, or GvG at a decent level, you're probably bad.

An amusing thing I've noticed is that

low ranked ppl > unranked ppl > high ranked ppl

It makes no sense but it's true
    If this were actually true unranked people would be ranked and low ranked people would be high ranked. HA is pretty terrible now, but high ranked players still have a much higher chance of sucking less than low or unranked players.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I cant help but wonder why you guys still play the game when you show such disdain for it ? and if you dont play then why are you still on the forums ?

Quote Originally Posted by grimwold View Post
    I cant help but wonder why you guys still play the game when you show such disdain for it ? and if you dont play then why are you still on the forums ?
    A word of advice, it's better not to think about it, it's just not worth asking that question.

Quote Originally Posted by grimwold View Post
    People still love the game, it is just a lot worse then it once was. People come on these forums and complain hoping ANET will listen. Most of the good players have also left already because of all the things ANET has done to ruin the game, and ANET seems happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by B Ephekt View Post
    If you didn't have you tiger a year+ ago, or GvG at a decent level, you're probably bad.
    now ephekt, we both know you didn't have your tiger this time last year. :P
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by B Ephekt View Post

Speak for yourself.