PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 132 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Arrow Free 100% accurate Cartographer Service.

First, at moderators - This isn't a mod thread, I know you want those in tools and resources, what I'm offering (for a limited time) is a service, the mod just makes that service possible, I'm still doing most of the work. Please read on for a more in depth description.

What does this system do

It automatically produces an image of your map that highlights (with 100% accuracy) all the areas you're yet to uncover in green. This does NOT include areas you are unable to reach, it shows you exactly where you need to go in order to obtain your 100% title. The system has been tested on players with 98%+ with full accuracy, it even showed up 3% of the map a player with grand master cartographer had yet to uncover.

You can see an example of an image here, this is my world map, I'm currently at 97.5%, all the green areas are areas I still need to visit.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4919/iwin2iu5.gif

How do I use the service

By following these steps.

-Download my modification here: http://rapidshare.com/files/45554376...ewmap.zip.html

-Close Guild Wars

-Extract the contents of Cartographer.zip to your Guild Wars directory.

-Run Texmod.exe, set target application to GW.exe, go to package mode, browse for the package "cartographer.tpg", run Guild Wars.

-Set your texture detail to high, turn off post processing, set your resolution to full screen 1024 x 768. Disable your hud with ctrl + shift + H.

-Hit 'm' and take a screenshot of your map, fully zoomed out, with the settings listed.

-Once you have your screenshot, upload it as a .jpg with your request, preferably at a reasonably high quality.

-Wait for me to respond with your comparison image.

Requirements

You will require a Direct X 9 compatible graphics card in order to use the mod in the first place.

You will have to work out how to upload a suitable image yourself, I'm not helping with that.

I'd rather you didn't ask for a map if you're at some ridiculously low percentage, whilst the system still works if you only have 10% of Tyria, you probably won't get much out of it and you'll probably need another image once you hit 90%.

Lastly, I might give up doing this at any time, if it becomes too much trouble/effort, I'm doing a favour here so don't be demanding and don't irritate me. If you have any trouble with anything you can contact me by visiting www.guildwarsguru.com/gwpickup.

- Thank you to Fenix the nub for providing his legendary cartographer services to make this work.
    Last edited by Gorani; 28-08-2008 at 16:46. Reason: updated download link for new Tyria map

GWOnline.Net Member
    is this only in tyria?
    btw good work so far :) this should be great help for those that need the last few %

Everywhere

If I understand this correctly, your mod removes unwanted part of the map from the world map? Then it looks like the classic photoshop comparison thing, which can be scripted.

Sooo... while this indeed makes things easier, you could save yourself a lot of trouble by making the complete map template in the same format as your mod output available to the masses. Those who know how to compare maps could do it themselves.

Then again, those who know how to compare maps are probably GMC already. Hmm.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    First, at moderators - This isn't a mod thread, I know you want those in tools and resources, what I'm offering (for a limited time) is a service, the mod just makes that service possible, I'm still doing most of the work. Please read on for a more in depth description.
    OK with me
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Ok Tiyuri, here is my Elonian map, at 99.8%

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1636/gw193qg1.jpg

Thx for the help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Ryan View Post
    Ok Tiyuri, here is my Elonian map, at 99.8%

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1636/gw193qg1.jpg

Thx for the help in advance

http://i14.tinypic.com/5445dok.gif

Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic Death X View Post
    http://i16.tinypic.com/67pqiww.gif
    Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Tiyuri, how does this work, exactly?

I took a peek at the map for Anna, and noticed a pink spot on the south western pier of the Moon Fortress (which is right at the beginning of Consulate Docks). As noted in the Elonian Cartographer thread in the Nightfall PvE forum, Anna has been there -- so it looks like you haven't been there, thus the difference. For the record, when you first enter the Consulate Docks mission, turn right and go to the end of the pier, gives most people (all people?) 0.1% of the map.

So at a guess, it looks like it's going to highlight any difference, but that doesn't really indicate that it's an omission in the map provided -- it could be an omission in your map instead. See what I'm saying?
    The purple spots are areas YOU have, but the cartographer doesn't. I.e. "extra" percentage. Whilst the green areas are areas you don't have but the cartographer does. So basically you only need to uncover the green, but if you uncover EVERY green area, and you have purple areas, you will end up with OVER 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmavescence View Post
    Ooh. I'm not absolutely stumped yet, but I could definitely use a guide. Problem is, I can't run 1024x768. I have a widescreen laptop and the pixels go all screwy when I try to force it into 1024x768. So, these screens are at 1280x800, and you possibly can't do anything with them, but I thought it was worth a try. I can resize them in Photoshop to 1024x640, which is possibly even less help. Let me know if there's something I can do to make it work, anyway.
    Despite the fact that the map will look weird on your laptop, set it to 1024 x 768 anyway, when you take a screenshot the image will come out the right size for me to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    Cheers.