my bad, here is the one with green mod
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9347/gw021yq4.jpg
    ty for checking

Quote Originally Posted by VaMpY View Post
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9421/gw020pp5.jpg

Hey, here is my map for tyria it is at 95.1% thanks for your help:D

Vampy...

Quote Originally Posted by mickabkjer View Post
    hey man, and again ty 1000000 times for helping me out with 100% Elona, which i just got today :)

but now, i need the last few %'s in Tyria, wud really be happy if u cud help me out again :]

here is the pic: www.hooeg.eu/gw065.jpg

ty in advance :)
    Your picture was in 1280x768 (I think this is a widescreen ratio). I couldn't do a fast comparison for you because of this.

- AzureTempest

This is a guide written for people to do a self-comparison of their maps through GIMP. It is based off of Renn's Guide written on Post 599 of this Thread. Credit largely goes to her.

@Renn: The modification link in your post no longer works. I'll upload them in my post. The file will contain all the mods and the 100% maps for comparison.

As per Tiyuri's OP, to use this mod you need to:

-Download modification here. There are two hosts for your convenience. Both links are for the same file:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/48974603..._Mods.zip.html
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5M88P85H

-Close Guild Wars

-Extract the contents of the file to your Guild Wars directory.

-Run Texmod.exe, set target application to GW.exe, go to package mode, browse for the package "cartographer.tpg", run Guild Wars.

-Set your texture detail to high, turn off post processing, set your resolution to full screen 1024x768. Disable your HUD with CTRL + Shift + H.

-Hit 'M' and take a screenshot of your map, fully zoomed out, with the settings listed.

-Once you have your screenshot, move the file to your desktop so you can do your own comparison with GIMP.

*** NOTE: The Arenas are no longer explorable. They are the island south of Lion's Arch, the area northeast of the Henge of Denravi, and island southeast of the Fire Islands. ***

~~~

PREREQUISITE: Your screenshot absolutely need to be taken at 1024x768 full screen. Otherwise, you may need to scale the image, causing excessive errors. Save yourself some by doing this!!!

NOTE: Make sure your interface is disabled. Disable your HUD with CTRL + Shift + H.

NOTE: Make sure your quest mark direction pointer is removed by selecting a quest belonging to another continent. You never know if that big star pointer will cover areas you haven't unmapped.

NOTE: Make sure you've make a decent attempt at Cartography before starting. Otherwise, you'll get something that says "go explore everywhere," which means very little to you if you want to get the title.

~~~

These are the instructions to create a map like those found in this thread through GIMP. All the commands are listed in Bold for easy reference.
    I prefer to merge my layers frequently so it is very easy to work with.

Open GIMP and then open your file for comparison. It will make it your base layer. To see your layers panel, hit CTRL+L. Drag the 100% map on top of your map to the setup below:

Layer2->100% Sample map
    Layer1->To be compared map

Highlight Layer2 and go to the drop-down menu called Mode in the Layers panel. Switch it to Subtract to create a map of solid black/blue with many green unexplored regions and red extras that you have but the cartography map doesn't.

Go to your window where the picture is and click on Layer (5 left from File) and select Merge Down, the fourth option in that menu. This will make your new base layer this "Solutions" map.

Add your 100% cartography map back into your Layers panel in this format:

Layer2->"Solutions" map, which is the black, green, and red picture
    Layer1->100% Sample Map

Highlight the 100% Sample Map and go back to the window with the picture. Click on Layer, open the Colors sub-menu (seventh one down), and select Desaturate (ninth one down). This should turn the 100% map all gray.

Go to your layers panel and highlight your "Solutions" map. Go into the Mode drop-down menu and select Addition. Finally, use the Merge Down command to finalize the picture. Feel free to save it so you have access to it outside of GIMP.

- AzureTempest
    Last edited by AzureTempest; 14-08-2007 at 20:07.

Dark Apocalyse

cant get the fog to turn coulourish

i dont know what it is ive posted evrywhere and no1 can give me an answer i cant get it i use texmod aply all things gw.exe tyra.tpf, i run it and i dont see anything turning green or red or what so ever :'( im only at 90% but that doesnt have to matter does it? please let me know some1 please help me *sobbing in a corner*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apocalyse View Post
    i dont know what it is ive posted evrywhere and no1 can give me an answer i cant get it i use texmod aply all things gw.exe tyra.tpf, i run it and i dont see anything turning green or red or what so ever :'( im only at 90% but that doesnt have to matter does it? please let me know some1 please help me *sobbing in a corner*
    When you use TexMod with the tyria.tpf, you don't see any obvious changes in Guild Wars at first. However, when you open up your map (defaulted to the M key), you'll notice that your map has mostly green instead of the unexplored regions. This is primarily what this mod does. Nothing should be turning red from the mod that's being used on this thread. The red is a by-product of the comparisons being done through Photoshop, Paintshop, and GIMP. The comparison process has been described in my previous post as well as Renn's post (number 599).

Some people may have problems with using TexMod, which may be where your problem lies. From what I've read, if TexMod isn't working with your computer, it may be your graphics card, the drivers for your graphics card, or the lack of DirectX 9.0c on your computer. Guild Wars can still function on computers who have outdated versions of any of those three, but TexMod is dependent upon those factors.

- AzureTempest

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ok i really need help with this modding stuff. Ok, so i have texmod and i find my Gw.ex whatever thing, then i download the mods from online (like this one) save it to a mod folder i made and open it, then i run guild wars, but nothing ever ocmes up, can anyone help me, or better yet someone make a how-to video.

ty in advanced

Into Oblivion
    Hi all, I am new to this forum, heard about it after the Armbrace trouble, apparently some clever thinkers here :)
    Anyway to the point, I dont know if I have missed it, but could somebody post a link to a texmod download please, and is this service still running. If not, I would like to have a go at using GIMP, and would need a post wiht a link to downloading it, or alternatively a link to post 599 by Renn please. Sorry if I am asking too much btw.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    Ok i really need help with this modding stuff. Ok, so i have texmod and i find my Gw.ex whatever thing, then i download the mods from online (like this one) save it to a mod folder i made and open it, then i run guild wars, but nothing ever comes up, can anyone help me, or better yet someone make a how-to video.

ty in advanced
    Hmm... I don't have the software for a video, but I can probably make a step-by-step guide with pictures instead. If I post it, it will most likely be in the Tools and Resources Forum. I'll be sure to post a link to the thread here if I do.

Can you be more specific about your problem? You have downloaded the mod, selected GW.exe to open form TexMod, ran the mod... and then what? Screenshots of your own showing the problem would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Into Oblivion View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this forum, heard about it after the Armbrace trouble, apparently some clever thinkers here :)
    Anyway to the point, I dont know if I have missed it, but could somebody post a link to a texmod download please, and is this service still running. If not, I would like to have a go at using GIMP, and would need a post with a link to downloading it, or alternatively a link to post 599 by Renn please. Sorry if I am asking too much btw.
    First of all, welcome to the Forum.

Although I can't speak on the behalf of Renn, I'm pretty much not going to be able to continue the service the way I was doing this past month (which was mostly a daily check for several people at a time). However, I can still answer questions and provide support for people who need help. Plus, learning to use Photoshop/Paintshop/GIMP is always worthwhile.

Anyway, I provided the link to install GIMP down below. This is the link from the official GIMP website, so try not to overload the server with download requests since I do not own the server and would not like to cause unnecessary trouble for the fine people who provide and support GIMP (which is free).

The GIMP Download Page

- AzureTempest

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ok well ty for even responding tempest, wasnt really expecting that.

Ill use this specific mod as an example. I downloaded the cartography mod from the link u posted earlier. I open texmod, for the Target Application i have GW.EXE, i choose package mode, i click the folder to find a the mod i want. I open ur cartography mod that i saved on my desktop, then i hit run and guild wars opens up. I set the options to what u listed with hte textur on high, i turned post processing off, and i changed it to full screen. Then get on my character and hit M to bring the map up. Now u said that if the mod is running right the majority of the map should be green like in all these posts. But it is just my normal map, nothing has chaged.

is there a way to check to see if i have this DirectX 9, otherwise i dont know what else i am doing wrong.

ty again

Hi, Ive got 95.8% of Elona down, now I need some help. :D

Quote Originally Posted by AzureTempest View Post
    This is a guide written for people to do a self-comparison of their maps through GIMP. It is based off of Renn's Guide written on Post 599 of this Thread. Credit largely goes to her.

@Renn: The modification link in your post no longer works. I'll upload them in my post. The file will contain all the mods and the 100% maps for comparison.

As per Tiyuri's OP, to use this mod you need to:

-Download modification here. There are two hosts for your convenience. Both links are for the same file:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/48974603..._Mods.zip.html
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5M88P85H

-Close Guild Wars

-Extract the contents of the file to your Guild Wars directory.

-Run Texmod.exe, set target application to GW.exe, go to package mode, browse for the package "cartographer.tpg", run Guild Wars.

-Set your texture detail to high, turn off post processing, set your resolution to full screen 1024x768. Disable your HUD with CTRL + Shift + H.

-Hit 'M' and take a screenshot of your map, fully zoomed out, with the settings listed.

-Once you have your screenshot, move the file to your desktop so you can do your own comparison with GIMP.

*** NOTE: The Arenas are no longer explorable. They are the island south of Lion's Arch, the area northeast of the Henge of Denravi, and island southeast of the Fire Islands. ***

~~~

PREREQUISITE: Your screenshot absolutely need to be taken at 1024x768 full screen. Otherwise, you may need to scale the image, causing excessive errors. Save yourself some by doing this!!!

NOTE: Make sure your interface is disabled. Disable your HUD with CTRL + Shift + H.

NOTE: Make sure your quest mark direction pointer is removed by selecting a quest belonging to another continent. You never know if that big star pointer will cover areas you haven't unmapped.

NOTE: Make sure you've make a decent attempt at Cartography before starting. Otherwise, you'll get something that says "go explore everywhere," which means very little to you if you want to get the title.

~~~

These are the instructions to create a map like those found in this thread through GIMP. All the commands are listed in Bold for easy reference.
    I prefer to merge my layers frequently so it is very easy to work with.

Open GIMP and then open your file for comparison. It will make it your base layer. To see your layers panel, hit CTRL+L. Drag the 100% map on top of your map to the setup below:

Layer2->100% Sample map
    Layer1->To be compared map

Highlight Layer2 and go to the drop-down menu called Mode in the Layers panel. Switch it to Subtract to create a map of solid black/blue with many green unexplored regions and red extras that you have but the cartography map doesn't.

Go to your window where the picture is and click on Layer (5 left from File) and select Merge Down, the fourth option in that menu. This will make your new base layer this "Solutions" map.

Add your 100% cartography map back into your Layers panel in this format:

Layer2->"Solutions" map, which is the black, green, and red picture
    Layer1->100% Sample Map

Highlight the 100% Sample Map and go back to the window with the picture. Click on Layer, open the Colors sub-menu (seventh one down), and select Desaturate (ninth one down). This should turn the 100% map all gray.

Go to your layers panel and highlight your "Solutions" map. Go into the Mode drop-down menu and select Addition. Finally, use the Merge Down command to finalize the picture. Feel free to save it so you have access to it outside of GIMP.

- AzureTempest
    Hey Azure,

First, thanks for the map you provided for me earlier. I got to 98 thanks to it. But now I lost track, as to which green spots I checked already.
    So, I went step by step doing this guide for comparison to try and do it myself. However, the result is a bit different and somewhat hard to read. You see, all those big chunks of the continent around explorables are green too, which makes looking for spots at the edges impossible. On your pictures, the area around is simple non-transparent gray. How do I accomplish that? I want to try it myself, before bothering you with this again.