PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    Like dervish need another buff...

    To the poster above me, this game is about skill combinations. If you are going to stop other professions from using your skills, you might as well get rid of the second profession system...

  2. #32
    evillorderic
    Guest
    Perhaps having Mystic Regen in Earth Prayers was done for a reason? Like someone said earlier, if you want a skill to be good, you have to invest in it. Mystic Regen can be a very powerful skill, and I doubt ANET wanted it to be so accessible like it would be in Mysticism. As far as Dervishes getting the short end of the stick with attribute spread, the same goes for every other class and that *one* skill that they just HAVE to have on their bar!

    Point is, maybe it is in earth prayers regardless of its name, or what it does. Its basically the same reason several obvious inspiration magic spells haven't been moved to the domination line (I'm looking at you signet of humility!), accessibility! If we could have all our uber 1337 skills in one magic line, well, that would just be peachy now wouldn't it?

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Definite Integral View Post
    Mystic regeneration has always been broken. Here's my fix:

    10 energy, 1/4 second activation, 25 second recharge.

    For 20 seconds, you gain 1...3...4 health regeneration for each enchantment on you, and the maximum regeneration from this skill is 1 plus an additional arrow of regeneration for each rank of Mysticism you have.
    Oh yes, let's give them 1...16 extra regen in addition to the 1..3..4.

    Quote Originally Posted by evillorderic View Post
    Perhaps having Mystic Regen in Earth Prayers was done for a reason? Like someone said earlier, if you want a skill to be good, you have to invest in it. Mystic Regen can be a very powerful skill, and I doubt ANET wanted it to be so accessible like it would be in Mysticism. As far as Dervishes getting the short end of the stick with attribute spread, the same goes for every other class and that *one* skill that they just HAVE to have on their bar!

    Point is, maybe it is in earth prayers regardless of its name, or what it does. Its basically the same reason several obvious inspiration magic spells haven't been moved to the domination line (I'm looking at you signet of humility!), accessibility! If we could have all our uber 1337 skills in one magic line, well, that would just be peachy now wouldn't it?
    QFT.
    Last edited by MoonUnit; 16-07-2007 at 02:32.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoran View Post
    You misunderstand i do not make all my dervish builds earth prayers, however if i want to use mystic regen i make a build that focuses on this line. my talk about the assassins was to prove my point that, some skill lines [B]do[B] work better as secondary professions. also if you remove mystic regen from earth prayes are you going to add avvy of melandrew to earth prayers to make ppl use them again. mystic regen is the single most usefull skill in that entire line, if you move it to mystacism as i said earth prayes will die. and by the resoning that well it is called mystic regeneration, i think that avvy of melander fits perfectly into the earth prayers catagory, and dwayna and grenth in wind.... my point is if you want to use the power full healing that comes from mystic regen, then make an earth build. don't complain that your favorite healing skill is not in your favorite attribute line, just learn to adapt. I have a great build that uses all earth prayes skills so i only need 9 in scyth mastery and the rest for the inherent effect of mystacism, and it works great. also if you think about it, certain skill lines, earth prayers included, although they are not weak by themselves, would see very little use without a few exceptional skills.
    and as far as assassin skills go my point was for me way of perfection is my favorite sin healing skill, and even though it would be nice to see this skill that heals you whenever you critical in crit strikes, if it was moved to that catagory, shadow arts would see little use by me. so i have to compromize if i want way of perfectin in my critacle build, then i need to take points out of dagger mastery, just like people who want mystic regen in their build need to do.



    First of all: The Avatar skills were put into Mysticism so only Dervish primaries could get full benefit out of them, much like AwS for Ritualists.

    Your argument concerning Way of Perfection isn't analogous to the reasons I've given. I'm arguing against the annoying abuse of this skill by non-Dervish primaries and to open up thoughts about other Dervish builds, because honestly, if PvXwiki ways use Mystic Regen, the community at large gets wet over that skill and obeys. Making existing builds more powerful isn't the point, it's coming up with NEW builds that are effective. I'm advocating removing this skill into a primary line to nerf its use by secondaries. It's bloody stupid in PvP and largely useless in PvE.

    Also. You don't need to make an Earth build "to use the power full healing that comes from mystic regen" [sic], you simply need to gimp the rest of your build and put about 8 points into Earth Prayers.

    I never once argued moving it into Mysticism due to its name, that was someone else. I'm arguing on a mechanical and practical level.

    Furthermore: I don't believe that moving this skill out of Earth Prayers would kill the entire line. There are PLENTY of great skills in the Earth line that many awesome builds revolve around. But Mystic Regen shouldn't be one of them. Same with Way of Perfection. If your crit strikes build needs it, your crit strikes build needs work. It comes down to "can I trust my monk or not?"

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarfire View Post


    First of all: The Avatar skills were put into Mysticism so only Dervish primaries could get full benefit out of them, much like AwS for Ritualists.

    Your argument concerning Way of Perfection isn't analogous to the reasons I've given. I'm arguing against the annoying abuse of this skill by non-Dervish primaries and to open up thoughts about other Dervish builds, because honestly, if PvXwiki ways use Mystic Regen, the community at large gets wet over that skill and obeys. Making existing builds more powerful isn't the point, it's coming up with NEW builds that are effective. I'm advocating removing this skill into a primary line to nerf its use by secondaries. It's bloody stupid in PvP and largely useless in PvE.

    Also. You don't need to make an Earth build "to use the power full healing that comes from mystic regen" [sic], you simply need to gimp the rest of your build and put about 8 points into Earth Prayers.

    I never once argued moving it into Mysticism due to its name, that was someone else. I'm arguing on a mechanical and practical level.

    Furthermore: I don't believe that moving this skill out of Earth Prayers would kill the entire line. There are PLENTY of great skills in the Earth line that many awesome builds revolve around. But Mystic Regen shouldn't be one of them. Same with Way of Perfection. If your crit strikes build needs it, your crit strikes build needs work. It comes down to "can I trust my monk or not?"
    yes that was why the avatars were put in mystacism, and perhaps mystic regen was placed in earth prayers so that people could get some use out of their secondarys. but why on earth should only derves get the full benifit from it????? my point about the way of perfection was that there are plenty of skills in certain lines, whole line infact (shadow arts, deadly arts, earth and wind prayers, comand, motivation) that if a primary wants to put points into them it gimps the rest of their build. if you think mystacism is such a crime look at paragons. their builds are gimped, because they cannot have full primary attrib, weapon mastery, and still be able to hold their sheil effectivly.
    you say that moving mystic regen would be a nerf, and it would for everyone other than dervs, for them it would be a huge buff allowing them to add superfast regen to the inherent defencive capabilitys of their avatars, which is just what we need, yet another way to make dervs invincible.

  6. #36
    /not signed

    Moving a skill because of how it's named?
    Moving a skill because people use it incorrectly? (the warriors you mentioned)
    Moving a skill allowing the Dervish only to have this skill after the rest of us have had access to it from the beginning of nightfall?
    Adding supperfast regen to a maxed out Dervish (stats) that already has great survivability and damage output?

    No! This is a very bad suggestion.

  7. #37
    To whoever said that you don't get healing outside of Mystic regen.. let's see, that's 18HPS at +9Regen

    Mystic Vigor
    For 20 seconds, every time you successfully hit with an attack, you gain 1...6 Health for each Enchantment on you (maximum 25 Health).
    7 Health, Have another enchantment that's 14 Health, Let's say 2 enchants that's 21 health.

    Natural Healing of enchantment-less
    Dwayna's for Enchantment-full

    you have plenty of healing options, I never have problems on my derv.

    -----

    The thing is, Mystic regen isn't broken. I mean it's REGEN it isn't going to stop a spike, it isn't going to stop anything but light pressure. It's an amazing 18HPS. And so what if eles use it, what else do they get? The thing is, many,many,many things split attributes 3 ways

    Take warriors, they have to split into tactics for heal sig. Do they complain? IW mesmers use Heal sig, and I've seen some rangers and other htings use it as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
    [Unacceptable comment removed by Auntie I]
    Lets face it, these are the same people who put Zealous Benediction, a skill that PERFECTLY defines Divine Favour and is a DIRECT HEAL into PROTECTION PRAYERS... its pathetic.
    It's an elite heal other, you get energy back conditionaly, but the reason iot's elite is BECAUSE it's prot.
    Last edited by Auntie I; 17-07-2007 at 14:34.

  8. #38
    There are many valid arguments to make it basically a Dervish-only skill.

    But the Earth line would lose its premium skill and make MY dervish builds even stronger, as I could fully focus on Mysticism. How about moving it to Wind Prayers? Then it could still be used for farming, and not properly by many Dervishes anymore.

    But... I am against moving this skill anywhere at all. It is fine.

    This skill does not kill.
    Seriously, Earth Elementalists using it cry for enchantment removal, plus it requires investment in earth prayers.
    Besides that, it is only used by the Mo/D Farming Monks.

    I am also do not see the need to make skills so very much profession specific.



    Because W/D's are idiots, never seen one, this is no reason to nerf a skill. That it is used in farming does not ask for the suggested change either. I could still do farming runs, just with Healing prayer skills.

    Ryuujinx is quite right, this skill requires 2-3 enchantments to work properly, this alone limits its usefulness. And it does not make Elementalists using a lot of enchantments too powerful either. +20 hp per second, the max of 10 pips of regen, and those depend on you keeping at least 3 enchantments up.



    I am also against this nerf-requests. Mystic Regeneration is not dominating PvP and neither PvE. Even funnier is that the requested nerf would limit it to one class and buff it even more. Does not seem to be a well thought plan.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    ive got

    12 + 1 + 1 in scythe mastery
    8 + 1 in mysticiam
    and the rest in earth prayers

    ive had to cut down on mysticiam to make mystical regeneration usefull......that is not right...
    You should probably check the effects of the skill.. There are only three meaningful attribute levels for mystic regen, 3(coincidentally the exact amount you can invest with 12 each in two other attributes), 8(still at most 2 points from mysticism), and 13(why would you ever do this?)(there's also 18 but there's only a limited niche of situations in which that's possible). Dervs have plenty of nice self-healing anyway, but they mostly require investment in an attribute other than scythe and mysticism. Did you ever consider that that might be intentional? A similar case is warriors where their only strong self-heals require significant(I mean 11-ish, usuall) tactics investment(even Lion's Comfort benefits more from Tactics than Strength) and all have significant drawbacks. Dervs have it easy.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    So you're saying that the problem is that to use this as a self-heal the Dervish needs to invest points into three attributes, while a primary proffesion... also has to spend it in three attributes, and does not have attributes to boost one of them? Dervishes are still superior at using this skill, thanks to runes and a large amount of self-enchants available in Mysticism alone plus thanks to the synergy between Mysticism's passive effect.

    I don't really see a problem with this skill and don't really see a reason to move it to mysticism.
    Agreed on that, so /notsigned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •