Mark of Rodgort
    Liquid Flame
    SAVANNAH HEAT
    Glyph of Sacrifice
    Meteor
    Glowing Gaze (optional)
    Glyph of Restoration
    Rez

Glyph of Restoration can help if you did not mean to activate Glyph of Sacrifice other than the usual healing. Just activate it and Glyph of Sacrifice is removed to prevent an terrible venue (i.e., 38 recharge on Glowing Gaze).

You may notice I do not have the pve only skills listed in the build. I do not use the Elementalist pve skills anymore from Luxon/Kurzick & Sunspear since they were nerfed to uselessness. You can get kicked out of a pug for having them. They just waste a slot. At least Glyph of Elemental Power gives +2 and cant be stripped. Man, what were they thinking for Intensity: 10 seconds now with a 45 second recharge??? Whatever. It was fine the way it was. When you see people boasting about how much damage a build can do, its always against 60 armor...thats the way it has been.

Anyone else notice a longer aftercast has been added once Glyph of Sacrifice has been activated followed immediately with a spell. Kinda defeats the purpose of casting a spell fast when you really need it. I happen to notice the change since the 17th update. SHOCKWAVE isnt acting like it was since the update either...

GWOnline.Net Member
    For RA madness I run a mesmer/ele

Glowing gaze
    searing heat
    tenai's heat
    savannah heat
    mark of rodgort
    mantra of recharge
    fire attunement
    rez sig

13 fast casting
    12 fire
    and the rest in insparation if im not mistaken

The build is fun and with mantra and weapon mods you can get some pretty good skill recharge.Only prob is that being a mesmer you get picked on first but if you can time it right you can drop the spike quickly on the group while they arn't paying attention and if they are really that oblivious the spike chain can kill any caster caught in it and greatly damage wars and dervs.

Mark of rodgorts and glowing gaze compliments well and will give you the chance to regain your energy in the midst of your casting

Changes/opinions are welcomed

fire attunement, GoLE, ?, deep freeze, savanah heat, gale, 3 free
    12 fire, get air up to 4+1, energy storage 11, extra in water.
    cast in the order listed. deep freeze has a 10 second duration which should be more than enough for savanah heat (since you use it first, there isn't a problem with the 3 second cast). one kd should be enough to keep them in it combined with a movement speed debuff. You could put in shock or something else instead, but i like the distance of gale. the ? is just another 10-15e spell to throw in before deep freeze to take advantage of gole. Cast it before deep freeze if you want to be extra certain that they are slowed for the entire savanah heat duration. Cast it after it's a fire spell and you want to get back a little energy with attunement.
    Energy should be good, but it uses two slots to keep an enemy in place for a couple of spells.

in general, i think breath of fire is superior to tenai's heat and searing heat because i don't think 3 seconds of burning is worth 10e. This is most true when using mark of rodgot because you're paying an extra 10e for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FRZN View Post
    in general, i think breath of fire is superior to tenai's heat and searing heat because i don't think 3 seconds of burning is worth 10e. This is most true when using mark of rodgot because you're paying an extra 10e for nothing.
    Isn't there also a difference in area of effect? According to the Wiki BoF is 'adjacent', TH and SH is 'near'...

GWOnline.Net Member
    Yes Bof has adjacent range but the animation looks better than th/sh :)

Gale is by far the easiest and best way to keep people in your savannah heat. Savannah heat recharges in 25 seconds the 10 energy exhaustion will almost be gone by the time it's ready again (1 point of energy every 3 seconds.)

Any kd should suffice but gale is the best. Imagined burden, deep freeze and whatnot are just too slow by the time you cast them your target(s) will have moved out of the sh.

if you're going to use Deep Freeze, use it with Auspicious Incantation. +41 energy return with 9 inspiration, and only adds 7 seconds of recharge

Quote Originally Posted by holyroller View Post
    Isn't there also a difference in area of effect? According to the Wiki BoF is 'adjacent', TH and SH is 'near'...
    never noticed that, lol, i stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Imagined burden, deep freeze and whatnot are just too slow by the time you cast them your target(s) will have moved out of the sh.
    so cast them first, they both last more than long enough for sh's 5 second duration. i don't think imagined burden is anything special for sh, but deep freeze is perfect (aoe).
    Last edited by FRZN; 07-08-2007 at 03:16.