PC Gaming News

Poll: Should it be toned down?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Torment claw does no damage if you stay away from it. You must have been punching it in the face. That'd gotta get you killed.

If you can't seem to negate damage for impossible odds, flag your people apart, so that Shiro only hits so many targets at once. Notice most anti-melee can shut him down. Blind does wonders while you cap the shrines. If you don't want blind on yourself during impossible odds, use blurred vision. Empathy, SS, SV, Spi of Failure, whatnot do wonders at all times. There are three professions that can knock stances out: use them. There are tons of damage reduction skills around: use them.

First time I played through was with my para and a dervish. It took us about 3 tries to beat the mission, and we are by no means super experts. It might be hard, but it's not outrageous: it's fine.

By the way, if you give us more specifics (profession, what you are having trouble with, etc), you get better advices.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimShade View Post
    This mission is basically the end game mission. Abadon is too easy. As far as I am concerned it's a proper difficulty. You need to use tactics, and proper builds to make it through. If you don't figure out what you did wrong and adjust you don't make it through.

The mission is Henchable, just figure out what you are doing wrong and where you always die. You will need to spend more energy getting through this than the early ones. It's a challenge, rise to it.

If you want to make it through describe your team build and charicter builds, and we can help you. Also what points do you fail? We can annalyse what went wrong and work from there.
    GrimShade said it better than I could at this hour
    Empraim Wainwright
    Officer, Bad Wolf Corporation [WOLF]
    Part of The Bad Wolf Alliance

GWOnline.Net Member
    If THK was considered hard in the early days for 1st time players, then gate of madness should be considered hard as well, even with heros. I am undecided because while NM GOM may be considered ok to experienced players, it may be too hard for people who started in elonia using their 1st character.

Stop saying its very easy and spare more thoughts for those with less experiences, else never ever call another player elitist again.

It's Shiro mainly who makes this mission so difficult but mainly anti melee have this mission beat. I just spammed conditions while popping off AoD when ever he did his loop-de-loop

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I voted no. Why? Because this mission is easy. NM or HM... it doesn't matter.

You DON'T need things such as:
    - Wild Blow
    - fire nuker
    - MM
    Also anti melee hexes aren't necessary but they are useful.

Torment claws are the problem? Ever heard of ranged attacks? No? Shiro is the problem? Ranged attacks again?
    Why is it so hard to give up your beloved wahmmo build and try something new for a change? If you have problems with this mission so why you wanna go to DoA? You think its easier? Or maybe it should be toned down again? If you tried to beat this mission few times you should know spawn spots and patrol routes.
    This mission is great because it shows that people should really change TACTICS sometimes.
    After all... PvE is always about knowing AI and way around it.

I think that the mission as a whole is tough, but once you know how its quite simple to get all the way through to the Lich and SHiro. My only quarrel is that Shiro is a complete ***** to take down without the right build/party. Thats really the only part that I found too hard. SHIRO!!!

GWOnline.Net Member
    I voted yes, only bcoz of Shiro. And how bringing ONE skill can unrealistically improve your odds of pwning him.

Ditto for the factions' version of Shiro. You either thrash him really badly or endure the pain of getting thrashed after a prolong fight.

[Edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrr View Post
    I voted no. Why? Because this mission is easy. NM or HM... it doesn't matter.

You DON'T need things such as:
    - Wild Blow
    - fire nuker
    - MM
    Also anti melee hexes aren't necessary but they are useful.

Torment claws are the problem? Ever heard of ranged attacks? No? Shiro is the problem? Ranged attacks again?
    Why is it so hard to give up your beloved wahmmo build and try something new for a change? If you have problems with this mission so why you wanna go to DoA? You think its easier? Or maybe it should be toned down again? If you tried to beat this mission few times you should know spawn spots and patrol routes.
    This mission is great because it shows that people should really change TACTICS sometimes.
    After all... PvE is always about knowing AI and way around it.
    The way I see it, Shiro is the anti-tactics. Sure, you do not need a specific skill/skill set to defeat him, but bringing it drastically reduce the effort needed.
    Last edited by Rurik Bacon; 21-07-2007 at 10:02.

I think the mission is fine...

No.

I really dont think this mission is that hard to be honest. I managed to do it on my second try with H+H and only failed the 1st time cause my whole party got body blocked against a wall by those shiroken near the start. I just took a melee heavy team equipped with a couple of interrupts and just dominated. I had no troubles with the portal bit and when it came to defeating shiro and the lich I just killed the lich and then ran round and capped all of the shrines then just dominated shiro.

Also this was before they brought out easy mode....

It's hard indeed, but not to hard and certainly not as hard as NM DoA. I never had problems at the portal with the Torment Claw and although I agree Shiro is overpowered he is beatable and not the only overpowered enemy in the game. Sorry but I don't feel like this HAS to be altered, /notsigned.

-Ape