PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanBoy View Post
    Considering I've seen forums that didn't, you're wrong.

May I ask how you can actively mod 17 different forums, and still have any freetime? Or even modding effectively?
    I didn't specify how active they are.

10 of them,a post once in a blue moon
    4 of about 5 posts a day.
    3 of this sites caliber.

Not that difficult, my members behave.

I doubt if its even worth bringing up, but i was going to make a thread about a news article, though i stopped when i look around and see that most of the people that enjoyed mature discussion have left.

The omg roflcopter owned threads are fine and all... but the forum is losing the serious side slowly. Its not a complaint... just a disappointing observation.
    This signature is proudly brought to you by the splendifirous Maina!
    Spider Pig
    LastFM

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ju Smurph View Post
    I doubt if its even worth bringing up, but i was going to make a thread about a news article, though i stopped when i look around and see that most of the people that enjoyed mature discussion have left.

The omg roflcopter owned threads are fine and all... but the forum is losing the serious side slowly. Its not a complaint... just a disappointing observation.
    Maybe things'll slowly improve now that... a certain person got his marching orders?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    You know, if you don't post about the news article, then you're only furthering the problem. Eventually it'll be longer and longer between serious posts, then people won't bother again. If you want it to be more serious, then go! Make it more serious!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn the divine View Post
    You know, if you don't post about the news article, then you're only furthering the problem. Eventually it'll be longer and longer between serious posts, then people won't bother again. If you want it to be more serious, then go! Make it more serious!
    Fair point.
    This signature is proudly brought to you by the splendifirous Maina!
    Spider Pig
    LastFM

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ju Smurph View Post
    Fair point.
    So, where is that post about that news article? I'd love to see some more serious tinted posts here...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Wait, there's more than one page?!

Kidding, kidding.

I agree. We've got enough threads that seem to be designed for one reason and one reason only, post uppage and spam. Take the Ban the Above Poster thread for example, I love that thread but anymore it's just the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't even bother with it anymore.

And inventing new "thread games" in an effort to trump that thread just doesn't seem likey.

Down with spam, unless it comes from a can!
    Aretelio MerthorionAria MerthorionAlex MerthorionMitch TaylorJerry HathawayChris KnightGeneral Merthorion
    Kent TorokveiJordan CochranLazlo HolliefeldSusan DeckerIck Ikagami

Well, I can close some of the sillier threads, or create them anew (the Ban thread is getting ridiculously hugantic and pointless). Also, as a few have already pointed out: if you don't post interesting, discussion-worthy threads, guess what isn't going to be here for discussion?

You want tasty stuff, put it up here. Or we will attract more undesirables.
    mv

Would it be possible to have some kind of spoiler rule here? This is mostly based on the HP thread, where there was done absolutely nothing to deal with the spoilers. Except for once.

The spoiler 'tradition' (I say tradition, because it's not really a forum rule per se, as much as it is a polite tradition) is forum-wide. That means it applies to stuff in this OT forum as well as GW spoilers. It's polite to use spoiler tags; do try to be polite.
    mv