PC Gaming News

Thread: Help with Jin

GWOnline.Net Member

Help with Jin

Where and how does Acolyte Jin gain *charm animal* and comfort animal?

A friend I play with sometimes just unlocked Jin she came with the starting skills as listed at:
    wiki.guildwars

No charm animal.... the local hero skill trainers in Kamadan and the Great Hall don't have it.

For me this wasn't a problem as I already had a ranger character so all those skills were available to Jin anyway So I have no clue how she's supposed to get them.

Heroes get skills that have been unlocked on your account. So if your friend was to unlock charm animal and comfort animal in any way (via balthazar faction in PvP or by buying the skill himself on any of his characters) then Jin would also receive the skill.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Have you got a ranger yourself? Get that ranger to buy or earn those skills and they should be PvP-unlocked for the whole account, which gives Heroes access to them too.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Or just change your 2ndary to Ranger and you have em ;)

GWOnline.Net Member
    K guys thanks for the replies...

I got him to create a ranger and he now has the skills unlocked just seems a little odd that as Jin is a hunter he can't buy the skill from the hero skill trainer.... as ele/mes he couldn't learn ranger skills for himself.

But on the plus side he now has a lv3 ranger

GWOnline.Net Member
    As a side note, unlocking the secondary ranger profession for himself would also have worked, if he had a prophecies character he would then have been able to quest for quite a few quests for that character (note : charm animal would have been part of the standard set on the unlocking of the profession).