PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interested in hearing comments :)

To see the build please find gwshack and go into article editor and copypaste my text (at the end) and press preview. I'm not looking for comments like "play meta nub".
    So complete waste of time with trying to win with this awful build, or not?
    Designed for 1500-500 ranked guilds

I've sacrifised few Deep Wounds (both paragon ones) as ppl can see for more bleeding which causes more possible gash targets (and nice degen with UL.)
    Stunning Strike is there for situations where right fast actions can lead to a kill or two (nice tool for countering splits and stuff.. ^^.) IMO slightly better than BHA skill(!).
    Some of the guys will have 25-33% speed boost quite often. Kiting changes from hard mode to normal mode . Flagging in snares around the main team = piece of cake.

Reversal of Fortunes are flying around nowadays. Conjures doing 17 damage (-18al reduction) to tame the power in 'em. I just threw few warrior skills together and I'm not so sure that will those exact builds be the bests around.

Necromancer offers cover enchantments and plays with the new GW:EN weapon spell Blinded Weapon. Weapons: spear longbow scythe staff.
    Rend for spikes and ench heavy flagger stopping.

[build prof=W/E name="shock axe" air=10 axe=12 str=8][Shock][Eviscerate][Executioner's Strike][Bull's Strike][Frenzy][Rush][Conjure Lightning][Resurrection Signet][/build]
    [build prof=W/E name="Cripslash" swo=12 air=10 str=8][Shock][Crippling Slash][Gash][Sun and Moon slash][Frenzy][Rush][Conjure Lightning][Resurrection Signet][/build]
    [build prof=P/Me name="Expel Hexes paragon" lea=11 comma=8 spe=11][Expel Hexes][Mirror of Disenchantment][Barbed Spear]["Go for the Eyes!"][Spear of Lightning][Anthem of Flame][Aggressive Refrain][Signet of Return][/build]
    [build prof=P/Me name="Stunning Commander" lea=11 comma=10 spe=10][Spear of Lightning][Barbed Spear][Stunning Strike][Godspeed]["Make Haste!"][Anthem of Flame][Aggressive Refrain][Signet of Return][/build]
    [build prof=N/D name="Blindmachine" earthp=8 cur=12 sou=9 blo=5][Ebon Dust Aura][Dark Fury][Signet of Pious Light][Rend Enchantments][Ulcerous Lungs][Enfeeble][Signet of Lost Souls][Resurrection Signet][/build]
    [build prof=Mo/E name="RC or SoD" div=8 pro=12 hea=10][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Aegis][Gift of Health][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][/build]
    [build prof=Mo/A name="LoD/infuse" sha=6 div=11 hea=12][Light of Deliverance][Signet of Rejuvenation][Mending][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][/build]
    [build prof=E/Mo name="water flagger" fir=3 pro=11 ene=8 wat=11][Burning Speed][Mending Touch][Shield of Regeneration][No Skill][No Skill][No Skill][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Aegis][/build]

+ runes for breakpoints.

This build mitigates anti-melee hexes, aegis, snares, kiting, rofs, ench stacks.
    I hope that my text is easy to read.
    Thanks in advance:)

This board doesn't support that sort of code. If you could rewrite your build in a more readable format, it would be much appreciated.

W/E "shock axe"
    air=10 axe=14 str=9
    Shock
    Eviscerate
    Executioner's Strike
    Bull's Strike
    Frenzy
    Rush
    Conjure Lightning
    Resurrection Signet

W/E "Cripslash"

swo=14 air=10 str=9
    Shock
    Crippling Slash
    Gash
    Sun and Moon slash
    Frenzy
    Rush
    Conjure Lightning
    Resurrection Signet

P/Me "Expel Hexes paragon"

lea=12 comma=9 spe=13
    Expel Hexes
    Mirror of Disenchantment
    Barbed Spear
    "Go for the Eyes!"
    Spear of Lightning
    Anthem of Flame
    Aggressive Refrain
    Signet of Return

P/Me "Stunning Commander"

lea=12 comma=11 spe=12
    Spear of Lightning
    Barbed Spear
    Stunning Strike
    Godspeed
    "Make Haste!"
    Anthem of Flame
    Aggressive Refrain
    Signet of Return

N/D "Blindmachine"
    earth prayers=8 cur=14 sou=10 blo=5
    Ebon Dust Aura
    Dark Fury
    Signet of Pious Light
    Rend Enchantments
    Ulcerous Lungs
    Enfeeble
    Signet of Lost Souls
    Resurrection Signet

+2mo+1 water flagger

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Vision View Post
    W/E "shock axe"
    air=10 axe=14 str=9
    Shock
    Eviscerate
    Executioner's Strike
    Bull's Strike
    Frenzy
    Rush
    Conjure Lightning
    Resurrection Signet
    This is fine.

W/E "Cripslash"

swo=14 air=10 str=9
    Shock
    Crippling Slash
    Gash
    Sun and Moon slash
    Frenzy
    Rush
    Conjure Lightning
    Resurrection Signet
    You should drop air a little and put points into tactics. Replace rez sig with heal sig so he can split if needed.

P/Me "Expel Hexes paragon"

lea=12 comma=9 spe=13
    Expel Hexes
    Mirror of Disenchantment
    Barbed Spear
    "Go for the Eyes!"
    Spear of Lightning
    Anthem of Flame
    Aggressive Refrain
    Signet of Return
    Hexway is not that common anymore so expel is not a good choice right now. Take defensive anthem instead. Also, blazing spear is a lot better then barbed spear.

P/Me "Stunning Commander"

lea=12 comma=11 spe=12
    Spear of Lightning
    Barbed Spear
    Stunning Strike
    Godspeed
    "Make Haste!"
    Anthem of Flame
    Aggressive Refrain
    Signet of Return
    Again, blazing is a lot better then barbed. Instead of 2 speed buffs take fall back and another attack, something like harriers toss. You might also want to take another elite, dazed will not stick for more then 2 seconds, and is not needed since you will already be causing a lot of pressure with 2 wars and 2 paras. You might want to take anthem of fury or go /n and take corrupt enchantment since you need more enchant removal.

N/D "Blindmachine"
    earth prayers=8 cur=14 sou=10 blo=5
    Ebon Dust Aura
    Dark Fury
    Signet of Pious Light
    Rend Enchantments
    Ulcerous Lungs
    Enfeeble
    Signet of Lost Souls
    Resurrection Signet
    Ebon dust aura wont work since it only blinds on attack skills, and even if it did this build is still pretty bad. You should take a b surge ele instead for the wards.

Those are the things I think could be changed to improve the build, while mostly keeping the type of play you want.

Yeah lol, noob me.
    Time for version 2 aka completely different builds.
    I know that barbed sucks. I didn't knew that blazing spear was good :) thx for the tip.
    As for the blind thing its not even needed when the average AL is like 70 and its hard to find good bsurger who uses it actively and monks which can cope with the active bsurging (not spamming it).
    Actually a HEV or MoR dom mesmer with completely different para builds should work but again a bad mesmer can make very little with his 8 skill slots. :D

Crippling Slash maybe isn't the best build for splitting. W/E with shock = 1 interrupt and no condition removal. W/Mo cripslash = 1 good condition removal and 0(?) interrupts.
    I don't want Def Anthem to be interrupted so I don't take it. Two sec easily interruptable casting time owned me in last(?) skill balance cough.
    Yeah well.. Expel sure isn't useful in every match. Hmm corrupt enchantment? Sounds good :) Another paragon could use Cruel Spear. That Spear attack is nicely balanced.. Flying Eviscerate :D

Fifth char? :s BA FTW. :)
    Monks are defenceless, they only have ehm 2 aegis'. Rest of the defence comes comes from kiting.
    Last edited by Reverse Vision; 27-07-2007 at 17:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Vision View Post
    I know that barbed sucks. I didn't knew that blazing spear was good :) thx for the tip.
    Blazing spear is more of a personal preference of mine, it has good +damage and causes burning for 3 seconds, 1 of the best spear attacks IMO.

As for the blind thing its not even needed when the average AL is like 70 and its hard to find good bsurger who uses it actively and monks which can cope with the active bsurging (not spamming it).
    bsurge is always good to have, without it and the wards your team will likely fall pretty fast. The good thing about a bsurge is that they add a great amount of defense, and they help a lot with spikes.

Actually a HEV or MoR dom mesmer with completely different para builds should work but again a bad mesmer can make very little with his 8 skill slots. :D
    Those para builds are pretty good and cause a good amount of pressure. If you follow my suggestions, and make some tweaks to fit your teams playstyle it would work well in the level of play you are at.

The downside is you lack shutdown, but the upside is the serious amount of pressure the team would provide.

Your best strategy if using the build with the suggestions I made would be to make a hard push from the beginning, and as long as your monks can keep up, just keep pushing. Most of the monks today are not very good, and rely way too much on their defense from the midline defense, with all of the pressure this build creates you will overload them quickly and roll them.

There is no reason to make drastic changes or run with a completely different build because the basic idea is solid, it just all depends on how good your b surge and backline are at the beginning before you can force the enemy to play defensively.

EDIT:
    Crippling Slash maybe isn't the best build for splitting. W/E with shock = 1 interrupt and no condition removal. W/Mo cripslash = 1 good condition removal and 0(?) interrupts.
    Crip slash is usually the one who splits because they can snare, and the axe is better at the stand because of the spiking ability. You do not want to split except to force people out of your base, with this build you want to try to force an 8v8 since that is when the build is strongest. You should also only split with the flagger and he should have condition removal, and can help heal you. Crip slash without conjure is also not a good thing since sun and moon slash does no extra damage.

I don't want Def Anthem to be interrupted so I don't take it. Two sec easily interruptable casting time owned me in last(?) skill balance cough.
    Defensive anthem is not needed, although it will definitely help take pressure off of the monks. Aegis can be stripped, DA cant. I also said take DA because paragons don't need an elite attack, and they can take almost anything, DA is just the best choice IMO.

Yeah well.. Expel sure isn't useful in every match. Hmm corrupt enchantment? Sounds good :) Another paragon could use Cruel Spear. That Spear attack is nicely balanced.. Flying Eviscerate :D
    You already have 2 people that can apply deep wound, adding a 3rd is unnecessary.

Fifth char? :s BA FTW. :)
    Monks are defenceless, they only have ehm 2 aegis'. Rest of the defence comes comes from kiting.
    If you do not take DA you need a bsurge or you will get rolled before you can build the adrenaline to start applying enough pressure to force the enemy to play defensively.
    Last edited by woot im a warrior; 27-07-2007 at 17:51.

Cripslash is the best solution for countersplitting in this build :P
    I see now: Bsurge is needed.
    I'll definitely try to take AoFury IF it works when ally uses skill which doesn't connect. DA offers questionable protection but may be useful when pushing/retreating/ressing etc :)

E/Mo Bsurge (gosac+gole+hardres+melee ward+draw)
    P/Me with Mirror of Disenchantment and probably Anthem of Fury.
    P/N with Defensive Anthem and Rend Enchantments
    Still both w/e (healsigged cripslash)
    Probably RC + LoD

1-2 Blazing Spear(s) so AoF becomes much more useful.

The P/N would be better with corrupt enchants since it is semi spammable and adds extra pressure. It is a great elite and fits well with the team build. Anthem of fury with corrupt enchants is a good combo.

Okay but then I have to drop command 8+1 setup?
    Leadership 10/12
    Spear 11-12
    Command? Gfte? 0?
    Curses? 4 degen or 5 degen?

You should be able to get a 14/10/10 with only minor runes, if not then run 9 command.

Corrupt enchants does not really need any attributes to improve it, it is just a great option since it is cheap, fast, and has a low recharge, and is pretty much needed due to not having a mesmer to remove any enchants.