PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don;t bring Spirits into AB... BAH!

After doing some thinking... and many people saying to never bring a ranger spirit into AB... why? Cause they can affect people on both sides of the game.

so i got to thinking... what could be the use, if any, of bringing in Spirits in AB. Surely everyone has noticed the reaction of people who see "Edge of Extinction" pop up on the screen....

So what professions are not affected by spirits in GW? Mostly i would say the Rit and the Ranger. So, after much deliberation my friends and i got together on this;

1 - Spirit Ranger (R/Rt)
    1 - Spirit Spammer Rit (Rt/R)
    1 - Marksman Ranger (R/Rt)
    1 - Trapper Ranger (R/Rt)

Basically we were losing the Grenz at the time (as Kurzicks this was a horrible feeling). So we decided to create a swamp to help our fellow AB team. As everyone knows, if the Luxons control the points in front of the Kurzick base, it is almost impossible to win back the map. So we started from there creating our swampland which gave our team a buffer zone from which they could leave the base.

The games that we played this our team won, so maybe we helped, maybe we didn't. But we did control the areas that we Swamped (basically spread out over 2-3 shrines and most of us just individually holding a part of the map ourselves) and no-one dared enter and if they did, they certainly died very fast.

Here is what we had set up at one point;

Edge of Extinction
    Lacerate
    Toxicity
    Natures Renewal
    Pestilence
    Muddy Terrain
    Tranquility
    Winnowing
    Brambles

Bloodsong
    Anguish
    Painful Bond
    Dissonance
    Shadow Song
    Wanderlust

Spike Trap
    Tripwire
    Dust trap

We all had longbows and 3 of us were using either poison or ignite arrows, etc etc.

Let me just say, i should have taken some screenies as it looked like a very creepy ghostlike swamp.

EDIT: i was thinking that maybe a Conditions Necro might have been useful here....
    Last edited by Trinity Fire Angel; 30-07-2007 at 03:25.

I dont know why people give me crap when I bring my spirit spammer in AB because, usually (as in pve), no one dies until I die.
    its also the best build to keep a rez shrine safe with

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Fire Angel View Post
    Natures Renewal
    Muddy Terrain
    Tranquility
    I hardly ever leave in AB. The few times I do players on my side are using these spirits.

They mess with your own side as much as the oposition. Rendering any organised team with speedboosts and a monk to half it's efficiency. If I could kill the spirits and they makers I don't really care about it, but although you prepare for it, it kills fun for the other teams.

as i said, bah! it keeps the area safe. as i said to my team when i pinged my build as well as everyone in game;

"I am going to spam ranger spirits, just stay away from my area"

That was the idea, and it worked. No one dared go into my area and not many from the opposition did either (or they died pretty quick). Only a ranger and Rit could possibly operate under this environment (expertise), so that was the idea. In any case, it created 2-3 shrines that the Luxons couldn;t cap and a whole area of the map was made "safe".

I hope more people out there will decide to spice things up a little in the game because Alliance Battles has really turned into Minion Battles and Alliance Sins and really needs something new.

tonight I played at saltspray and there was a ranger spirit guy who was kicking a$$ and managed to hold all the shrines on the west side of the map by himself. fortunately I always carry unnatural signet with me and broke through the spirit swampland but still it was really difficult to manage

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Fire Angel View Post
    as i said, bah! it keeps the area safe. as i said to my team when i pinged my build as well as everyone in game;

"I am going to spam ranger spirits, just stay away from my area"

That was the idea, and it worked.
    That is the good attitude, and if you do that I won't leave the fight. Too often you find these spirits smacked in the middle and scattered everywhere (thx Oath shot....) and that's just annoying.

GWOnline.Net Member
    his builds works. The 8 other players must be smart enough NOT to get pushed back into the area simple.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpg man View Post
    tonight I played at saltspray and there was a ranger spirit guy who was kicking a$$ and managed to hold all the shrines on the west side of the map by himself. fortunately I always carry unnatural signet with me and broke through the spirit swampland but still it was really difficult to manage
    imagine if you had to fight 4 of them ^_^.

imagine if you had to fight 4 of them ^_^.
    I'd rather not imagine that thanks :D

GWOnline.Net Member
    ah yeah .. saw those nice spirits all over one place, some days ago. nuked them with my elementalist, thought