PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    I've never really minded panic that much, to be honest. On a melee character you're usually packing enough adrenal skills to do your job anyways. No bulls sucks, but it's hardly the end of the world. What really kills melee is Price stacked with any other miss hex. Swinging into those -40s is like having a hammer war sit on your face, and you may still be able to use frenzy, but I damn well wouldn't.
    - Panic {E}
    - Diversion
    - Guilt
    - Signet of Humility
    - Empathy
    - Spirit Shackles
    - Spirit of Failure
    - Soothing images

Thats what we stack on a frontliner, any frontliner I know would not be pleased to be losing energy every attack, having their energy drained, losing HP (on a small scale) for every swing, adrenal build up being f'd up, and their elite disabled, its not as offensive as the necro hexway, but it does a great job screwing spikes over especially if they are running a derv/sin on their frontline.....

Guilt, empathy, and Soothing images suck. Power drain, Shatter Enchant, and a Res are better options.

Edit: Forgot Auspicious Incantation. Its wonderful for Panic Mesmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Bear View Post
    Guilt, empathy, and Soothing images suck. Power drain, Shatter Enchant, and a Res are better options.

Edit: Forgot Auspicious Incantation. Its wonderful for Panic Mesmers.
    I guess your narrow minded or I just don't know how to play PvP even though I'm the co-leader of r400 guild and was the leader of r200 guild for 5 months.....

I guess i'll cut you a break because you probally didnt know i was posting this as a melee shutdown, not a caster or general shutdown, specific to shutdown on the frontliners only..... >< next time please note this before attempting to undermine a perfectly fine build.....

guilt - very good counter to sins/dervs, you see the sin cast expose defenses on your teamate and you put it up before he uses his shadow step, if they are using a derv on their frontline, you can stay on him and basically eliminate his damage abilities because he has no energy.
    empathy - mainly a cover hex but can be semi effective against stupid cripslashs or dev hammers who build up their adrnl on 1 target for like 20 seconds before the spike...
    soothing images - wtf it doesnt suck, you throw this on the frontliners before they start hammering a random toon to build up ardrnl before they spike, and you delay their spike by 18 seconds, which is a long time

power drain - are you slow???? when was the last time you saw a frontliner casting a spell that took longer than 1 second??? this is used for emanagement for caster shutdowns....
    shatter enchantment - yea this is a good skill we just didnt have room for it.....
    res - we have a hard resser plus 3 sigs so we dont need a slot wasted.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by happy feet View Post
    I guess your narrow minded or I just don't know how to play PvP even though I'm the co-leader of r400 guild and was the leader of r200 guild for 5 months.....
    I can't speak for anyone else, but David, Yue, and I are all from guilds that have been, or are, top 10. Just throwing that out there.

I guess i'll cut you a break because you probally didnt know i was posting this as a melee shutdown, not a caster or general shutdown, specific to shutdown on the frontliners only..... >< next time please note this before attempting to undermine a perfectly fine build.....

guilt - [...]
    empathy - [...]
    soothing images - [..]
    power drain - are you slow???? when was the last time you saw a frontliner casting a spell that took longer than 1 second??? this is used for emanagement for caster shutdowns....
    shatter enchantment - yea this is a good skill we just didnt have room for it.....
    res - we have a hard resser plus 3 sigs so we dont need a slot wasted.
    Okay. lol. Empathy is horrible. We used to tell Farin and Yue to frenzy through it, because the damage was so negligible. Also, ever heard of hex removal? And what do you do when you come up against caster spike or hexes? Hex the casters and hope they try to wand themselves to death?

I've never really minded panic that much, to be honest. On a melee character you're usually packing enough adrenal skills to do your job anyways. No bulls sucks, but it's hardly the end of the world. What really kills melee is Price stacked with any other miss hex. Swinging into those -40s is like having a hammer war sit on your face, and you may still be able to use frenzy, but I damn well wouldn't.
    Makes sense. Though his target was towards melee, I think he didn't take into consideration that it ****s up rangers alot more than any melee classes, so there's a side benefit he probably overlooked.

For the bar you posted, you're going to need the energy management (auspicious would be the best). Though pdrain probably isn't the best choice for what you wrote, I just think he didn't notice you were talking about melee shutdown with a dom mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn the divine View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but David, Yue, and I are all from guilds that have been, or are, top 10. Just throwing that out there.

Okay. lol. Empathy is horrible. We used to tell Farin and Yue to frenzy through it, because the damage was so negligible. Also, ever heard of hex removal? And what do you do when you come up against caster spike or hexes? Hex the casters and hope they try to wand themselves to death?
    Point about the guilds taken, I was just providing it to show that I didn't start playing GW yesterday.....

Again empathy used mainly as a cover, but I could swap it for some emanagement of sorts.... facing casterspike we do what everyone knows is gonna happen to a casterspike, split....

I don't know why he called out guilt and soothing though, those are 2 very good skills.......

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    Makes sense. Though his target was towards melee, I think he didn't take into consideration that it ****s up rangers alot more than any melee classes, so there's a side benefit he probably overlooked.

For the bar you posted, you're going to need the energy management (auspicious would be the best). Though pdrain probably isn't the best choice for what you wrote, I just think he didn't notice you were talking about melee shutdown with a dom mesmer.
    I chose panic because it is versitile, it can be thrown on any class and be an annoyance, but especially frontliners with their low energy regen...

emanagement could be swapped in for empathy but then i would need another cover...

Cover isn't that big of a deal. That's not going to be the only hexer in your build (or shouldn't be), so you can coordinate covers with your other hexer(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    Cover isn't that big of a deal. That's not going to be the only hexer in your build (or shouldn't be), so you can coordinate covers with your other hexer(s).
    meh we are not running hexway really, the other hexer is a caster shutdown and i don't think he will take a time out to cover the frontliners lol. we need a cover on that build...

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by happy feet View Post
    I chose panic because it is versitile, it can be thrown on any class and be an annoyance, but especially frontliners with their low energy regen....
    Here's the thing with Panic on warriors. They use adrenaline. They can still c + space you. And there's a condition which shuts them down much better - blind.
    Panic on a Melandrus would be rather annoying though, I'll agree. As quite obviously blind wouldn't work on them, so miss hexes, block, and enchant removal/edenial are their counters.

Guilt and Soothing are also kind of bad.. but.. Okay, I guess the real reason is you're dedicating an entire character to shut down melee, and an ele with bsurge could take care of that with one or two skills. So with the ele doing that, you can then spec your mesmer to monk shutdown, which is far more effective than getting a few random Guilts on a necro or something. Besides, you said it was for frontline shut down, why would a frontliner be using a spell on you instead of bashing your face in with their weapon?