PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Where Are Better Rewards Needed ?

Recently one of the most talked about subjects on these and other Guild Wars boards has been on the supposed increase of grind being added into the game. Even if this grind or whatever you consider grind is real, lets face it grind is apart of all MMO'S. Like many have said, grind is ok as long as theres a reward for the actions. Most people feel that titles are not a sufficient reward.

So this brings me to the point of this thread, I ask you the people who complain about this supposed grind that has been added to GW to call out these parts and to come up with a resolution/a new reward.

For instance:

*Quests-although not really considered a grind need a better reward besides gold and exp(GW:EN is supposedly going to fix this)

So where is the grind you see and how should it be fixed and given better rewards for these places.

Honestly I think your Hall of Monuments will end part of that for awhile

From what we can tell, HoM only provides rewards in GW2 for maxed titles in GW1. Doesn't really do anything about rewards for the grind in GW1.

If titles are not a sufficient reward, the HoM isn't going to help that in the current GW1 game. Not saying whether they are or aren't sufficient btw. That's up to each individual to decide.

Grind does not have to be part of MMO.

And it does not need to have rewards, inm fact, grind without any reward would be much better. You either have fun Exploring/Caping Elites/whatver, and that is your reward or you dont do it. Thst is in strict constrast of not having fun by doing title itself, but doing it anyway to get rewards.

Quests need better rewards... especially the late game Masters quests. The rewards for most of them are utter ****e in comparison to how hard the damn quest is or how much you have to do to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
    Quests need better rewards... especially the late game Masters quests. The rewards for most of them are utter ****e in comparison to how hard the damn quest is or how much you have to do to complete it.
    The prophecy quest rewards just make me despair

Quote Originally Posted by mahousaru View Post
    The prophecy quest rewards just make me despair
    What?

Most of them are basically 2 platinum + 30k XP.

GWOnline.Net Member FourthVariety's Avatar
    I've read in interviews that the rewards were supposed to matter to the players of level 20. When I look around in the game, the only thing that matters are perfect upgrades or vanity items. We might get something like a tradecontract that we can then trade into a special skin or upgrade. Diamonds were supposed to have a use in GW:EN, so there has to be an item for each profession to be crafted from that. And some GW:EN specific way to receive diamonds as well.

Jade and Amber worked well after all even if their acquisition was a bit on the grindelic side of life.

Ah, good subject. I have always felt that there is really no strong reason for anyone to do the quest within Guild Wars. XP doesn't have any meaning for those that already have lvl 20 and enough xp to get the skills they need. The paltry gold reward is not substantial enough to put a dent in the amount required even for 1.5k armor. I have always felt that there should be better rewards for completing quests and also completing all the quests in the game. I think that through natural progression, the rewards should be something along the lines of max items to armor to enough gold to purchase either max items or armor from crafters. Other ideas are that the more quest you complete the higher the reward is depending on your level and difficulty of the quest. I only have done all the quests within the game on one character, the other 9 characters just do what they have to do to get through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grima Wormtongue View Post
    What?

Most of them are basically 2 platinum + 30k XP.
    Hmmm I suppose thinking about it, the rewards for the titan quests etc are good. It's all the effort getting there that gets me.