PC Gaming News
Page 93 of 369 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Anything made by David Lynch is worth watching.
    For some reason I always keep mixing him up with David Fincher. Doooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I should clarify that she hates Twilight as much as I do. We'll be enjoying this in a very different way than you, I am sure ;)
    Several girlfriends of mine are doing a Twilight marathon, to enjoy the awfulness in all its glory. They all hate it as well, and they enjoy hating on it during the movie like its an episode of mystery science theater.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Only one of the greatest films of all time!
    Well, I would have thought that Kyle MacLachlan in the lead role and Sting being remotely near a movie would have tipped you off. It's hard to follow, particularly the chopped version. There was a made-for-TV movie that didn't fare a whole lot better, but hit more of the plot points. I like them both, but then I read the series numerous times back in the day.
    Yeah, I stopped shortly after Sting walked out of a sauna chamber wearing winged briefs.

I've heard consistently good things about the novel, but never the same for the films. James Cameron might be doing a new one in 2014, I suppose. He's probably a good choice, considering Avatar ripped off many of Dune's plot elements.

Even "THE SPICE!!!11!" sounds better than "Unobtainium." That's telling.
    Last edited by Zalis; 07-12-2010 at 14:57.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Several girlfriends of mine are doing a Twilight marathon, to enjoy the awfulness in all its glory. They all hate it as well, and they enjoy hating on it during the movie like its an episode of mystery science theater.
    That's probably what will end up happening. We love making fun of the movie during the movie.

Whenever Jacob gets screentime, we'll be yelling "take the shirt off, TAKE IT OFF"

lol
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

rofl Alaris. Well Edward did say "Doesn't he own a shirt?" in Eclipse. I just hope you guys don't buy the movies just to make fun of them; kind of a waste of money in my opinion if you don't enjoy them. Still, even if it is in a sense of making fun of it, you're still watching it with your girlfriend, and that's more than what many boyfriends to.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I get the sense that no matter what we do, we'll find a way to make it fun (within reasonable limits of course). I love that feeling.

But yeah, I really don't think I can deal with Eclipse more than once, and neither could she. We're renting (if we don't decide to do something else instead).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Wolf View Post
    I just hope you guys don't buy the movies just to make fun of them; kind of a waste of money in my opinion if you don't enjoy them.
    If you enjoy making fun of movies, it's not a waste of money at all. If I had friends who wanted to watch twilight to make fun of it, I would gladly pay for it. As it is, nobody even wants to watch it normally.

But I'm ok with that.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    People bought iPods just to destroy them in Apple stores, right after purchase.

hahahaha Well now that is extreme - if you buy movies to make fun of them and enjoy it, well that's one thing because you can do it over and over. But buying an iPod just to smash it? I'm pretty sure the warranty won't cover that so you're out $(whatever they cost back then).

I do have to ask, please be civil and mature, but why does everyone hate Twilight? Is it because they sparkle? Is it because it's a chick flick/love story? Is it because the vampires aren't evil? I really don't know what all the hating is about. Now I'm not saying it's the best movie of all time, but I am a fan of it. I don't devote my life to it like those people on mylifeistwilight.com (that site even makes me cringe and I refuse to go to it; I just checked it out to see what the hype was about).

So yeah, don't bash/flame, etc., just tell me why there is so much hate toward the series because I really don't get it.

In other news...I watched it again today. lol But tomorrow we're watching Pearl Harbor in honor of the anniversary (though we'll be a day late). My fiance hates that movie, he says it's historically inaccurate. I don't know about that but I could care less, it's a good movie. haha

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    Vampires used to be bad*** blood-sucking monsters. Twilight turned them into complete pussies. That's the problem I think most people are having.

No pacing, plot points which go nowhere, a plot which in general goes nowhere, vacant staring replacing interaction between individuals, uninteresting, self-absorbed character forming almost caricatures of pubescent adolescents, repetitive use of language, boring romance... I probably forgot some points.