PC Gaming News
Page 241 of 368 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3672
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I love flashbacks of stuff they already showed, in a story which is already not complicated. Just to hammer on the fact that the stuff you are watching does not have much substance.

I love when people then say it helps understand the story. It's like an IQ test.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Stormbluff Isle
    I prefer the books to the movie, in almost all cases. The Percy Jackson movie was actually so far off the book I wanted to walk out of the theater...It was horrible.

I don't like Twilight at all. I saw the first movie after reading the books and nope. I prefer the strong character of Katniss to the helpless Bella...she just seems so weak, of course until the last book...and that whole thing with Jacob and her..well don't want to spoil it but..that was so creepy to me. Anyways I enjoyed The Hunger Games books, and the movies were good too, but the books were better, as usual.

They're currently making The Mortal Instruments series into a movie, and honestly I'm terrified. I hope its not as bad as some of the other teen book movies - I really liked the books.

Aaaand totally swapping topics here - Has anyone seen The Expendables 2? I want to go see it, and have heard its actually better than the first, is this true?

You know what I won't be caught dead seeing? Anything to do with 50 shades of grey. One of my friends posted a paragraph from the book on his FB today, and man...that's some terrible writing.
    ||GW: Tyriel Darkstar [ret.]||GW2: Cartoonhero.4936||
    And whatever they say, your soul's unbreakable.

So, TDKR was excellent. Unlike my coworker who feels that it was missing something, I don't really have any large complaints. There are a few nitpicks about the story and what would make sense, but I think they all chalk up to comic book movie logic.
    Last edited by Zalis; 23-08-2012 at 04:45.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    When in Rome

Beth is a hard working career woman whose last relationship says that she puts her work above him so he left her. When he tells her he found another career woman and is willing to stick it out with her and is engaged to her. Beth feels that there is no one for her. And when she goes to Rome to attend her sister's impromptu wedding and after meeting the best man, Nick she's attracted to him but after seeing him with another woman, she gets drunk and goes into the famed Fountain of Love and takes some coins thrown by people looking for love. When she goes back to New York four men start coming onto her.

Yet another movie that caught my attention because Kristen Bell was in it and it was just a little bit better than "Forgetting Sarah Marshal". Kristen is cute, the story is silly but not yet repulsively stupid. I am still waiting for somebody to make something that gets close to "When Harry met Sally", which is still the all time romantic comedy classic for me.

5/10 (includes the +1 bonus for pretty girls that are only 5 foot tall)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    a sort of movie review

Here's something funny - I just saw a commericial for a new Batman animated series (if the series isn't new the episode/movie is), and it's exactly The Dark Knight Rises in animation form. Right down to "Mother warned me not to get in cars with strange men. This isn't a car!" Bane is in it (but with a Mexican wrestler-type mask) and of course Catwoman. I thought that was kind of funny. I know Batman & Robin had an animated version called Sub Zero, but I haven't seen it. In fact, I watched the cartoon Batman as a kid but I don't remember it at all apart from Batman being caught by Poison Ivy.

But yeah, there's that update! Watching the live-action Scooby Doo movies on TV now; I like the first one better than the second one and I'll leave it at that.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Outlander

During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan, a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.

This movie starts out pretty good as some sort of Beowuf meets 13th Warrior meets Predator kind of thing. But to be honest the money of this one should have been spend on Writers and not on people like John Hurt, Jim Cavizel and others who did far better in other films. Some things are just stupid! (Nobody cares that a giant space ship fell down not far from the village. Steel & fire can't harm the monster, but the scrap metal from the space ship that is miraculously forged in to elaborate swords by the primitive Vikings can. Rescue pod from the space ship only carries one gun, a space beacon and nothing else. And I haven't talked about the silly last 10 minutes!)

4/10
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    lol That honest movie trailer is pretty much perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    honest movie trailer
    Well, there went half an hour of productivity...