PC Gaming News
Page 101 of 370 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3692
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tender Wolf View Post
    But yes, back on topic - last night my fiance dug into his movies and found Jurassic Park 3. I watched it, it's pretty good. I like the whole series and have heard they're making a fourth one but no news on it yet. Wonder what it will be about...
    I'll take a wild stab and guess it's probably going to be about dinosaurs.
    But here's an excerpt from some article or another:

Joe Johnston, director of the upcoming The Wolfman, was interviewed by Box Office and he had something to say about the long-mooted Jurassic Park IV.

"There is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen," Johnston told the site. "It breaks away from the first three it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you."
    mv

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Both Thor & Pirates IV don't get me excited.

Blu-Rays are awesome if you have a full HD TV, but DVDs still are OK (although I shifted to Blu-Rays after getting a player for my Bday)

I am planning to see Tron & Tangled in my holiday vacation (might skip HP), so if you like my reviews, look forward to those.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

"it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you."
    I'd best go get myself a panicroom and stock up on food supplies. This will be terrible.

Pirates 4? It looks like fun. Part 2 and 3 were rubbish, but now that Keira and Legolas are out of the picture, things might pick up. Depp and Rush is all I care about.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Pirates 4? It looks like fun. Part 2 and 3 were rubbish, but now that Keira and Legolas are out of the picture, things might pick up. Depp and Rush is all I care about.
    He's out because he's busy sneaking into a book he was never in!

/might see Tron in 3D, but nothing else this year
    //new Pirates actually looks entertaining and is based on a book
    Last edited by Zalis; 20-12-2010 at 16:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    Just because he wasn't called by name, doesn't mean he wasn't there. His father was the king after all. Bloom could be just doing a cameo and standing around behind the throne. Hopefully that's all it is.

However, this does open up the possibility of John Rhys-Davies playing the part of Gloin, Gimli's father.

/might see Tron in 3D, but nothing else this year
    //new Pirates actually looks entertaining and is based on a book
    By Balthazars beard! And they are trying to get several other actors as well. I can see why they would want Gollem and Gandalf, but why Legolas? Urghhh... well there are stubborn rumours that the development of The Hobbit is plagued with delays, so this should come as no surprise.

Eh...cameo, yes, he is the prince of Mirkwood after all, active role, no. No, no no no no. Bad Orlando. Don't really mind John Rhys-Davies as Gloin though, the beard would cover most of it, and he could probably change his voice a bit (he voiced Treebeard in the movies).

Also Pirates of the Carribean 4 Trailer:

Depp
    Rush
    Penelope Cruz
    Ian McShane

Pretty amazing cast and it looks entertaining at least. Won't bother with 3D though, overrated gimmick is overrated and needs to go away. And with Ian McShane they finally have a Disney movie with someone who swore more and probably said "cocksucker" more than Walt himself. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    but why Legolas?
    Tie in to LotR for the slow minded. And like I said, he did live in Mirkwood after all, so no reason not to have him hanging around.

Then again, they have already set a precedent with altering character's roles drastically. *cough*Arwen*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    that trailer
    Ahem...
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...&postcount=998
    Last edited by Feannag; 20-12-2010 at 21:55.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    From what I've seen, the justification for Legolas is that they're tying in content from some of Tolkien's other writings. I haven't read anything outside of The Hobbit and the LoTR trilogy, so I don't know exactly what that entails. I'm assuming it means the two Hobbit movies will include much more than the original book's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    Then again, they have already set a precedent with altering character's roles drastically. *cough*Arwen*cough*
    God that was aweful. Poor casting choice as well. I guess they did that to be a bit more politically correct since women don't really do...anything at all in the movies. Except Eowen, who kills the Witch King after dressing as a man. And who got her happy end with Faramir cut. Every other woman really doesn't serve an active purpose, even Gwyneth Palthrow just guides and comforts them.

In other poor casting movie news,

The actor to play Heimdall in the movie Thor is black. Heimdall is refered to as the "whitest of the Gods". So the movie gets boycotted by racists, mythology geeks and other displeased people.
    Don't really have anything against the casting, but maybe they could have been a bit more careful at looking at the backgrounds of the roles...

I totally did not see that. Must have scrolled over it or something.