PC Gaming News
Page 190 of 369 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3688
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    About slowmo in movies, I admit that I like it when it's used well. I really liked the Matrix 1-2, and Sherlock Holmes 1-2.

The thing that really irritates me is close ups and lots of cuts during fights. You can't see anything. If however they show the fight, using some slowmo to emphasize parts is fine by me, it's kinda cool sometimes.

The thing about a well choreographed scene is that it's really a lot of work to pull it off. Slowmo or not, when you see lots of cuts, it's usually because they are cutting costs.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    Speaking of Universal Studios rides... There's a Jurassic Park water ride at the place next door (Islands of Adventure), and I will admit to the T-Rex part actually stirring feelings of fear in my gut. It sounds silly to say, since it's just a ride, but the way they do it is really effective. The animatronics are spot-on. You're coming around a dark corner into a room with moody red lighting, and then the T-Rex comes out at you, roaring and opening that huge mouth before then you go down a big drop.
    That is one of my favourite attractions in Universal Studios, along with T3D. That T-Rex comes at just the right moment to scare the pants off everyone. I mean, it comes right at you.

Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 03-02-2012 at 16:08.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Yeah, right @4:50. Less red than I remembered, but it's super freaky in real life.

First I chuckled. Then I realised this wasn't a joke. Despite all the hatred and bile, George Lucas still went ahead and altered the original movies even more. Now Darth Vader's Nooooo has been added to the final scene of Return of the Jedi.

Other things seem to have been added. Sound effects have been changed to include sounds from the prequels, and blinking animations have been added to all Ewoks. And it seems he also went back to Episode 1, and replaced puppet Yoda with CGI Yoda. I couldn't care a flying Dolyak about what he does to the prequels... but dammit George, the original trilogy again? Like they said in the comments: You didn't even buy it dinner!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Did he change Vader's breathing?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I don't think so (but could be wrong). The original Vader was completely silent as far as I can remember, except the breathing. There also seem to be more lightning from Palpatine's fingers and the silly large explosion when he hits the ground wasn't there, just a small glow.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I didn't notice any change to the breathing. And I'm not sure about the explosion either. I know it was in the special edition.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Near the end of the video, he was wheezing, sounded higher-pitched. It has been some time since I watched the original flicks, though, so I wasn't sure if that was how it was before.

Near the end of the video, he was wheezing, sounded higher-pitched. It has been some time since I watched the original flicks, though, so I wasn't sure if that was how it was before.
    The wheezing has always been in there. I'm a bit of a Star Wars nut, so I know the movies by heart.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Black Swan

8.7/10

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I had basically thought it was a chick flick, a ballerina version of Dirty Dancing or something. Didn't realize it was a thriller of sorts, and very well done for the most part. Natalie Portman does an awesome job of being a neurotic wreck on the edge of insanity, and at the end of the movie, I'm still not exactly sure if some of the stuff that happened to her really happened, or not.

So watch it if you haven't.
    mv