PC Gaming News
Page 204 of 370 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3692
    I talked about it..?

honestly did not remember

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, someone talked about it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Pretty sure it was Zayren.

oh, well

go see that movie

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    I just got back from seeing Cabin in the Woods, it was really really good.

I recommend it. Fantastic movie.
    I'm like a detective.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

I've heard that you should try to avoid spoilers of any kind for Cabin in the Woods. Haven't seen it myself yet and will probably wait for blu ray (because I see so few movies in the theater not because I've heard bad things about it).

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    I've heard that you should try to avoid spoilers of any kind for Cabin in the Woods. Haven't seen it myself yet and will probably wait for blu ray (because I see so few movies in the theater not because I've heard bad things about it).
    Yes it is definitely the kind of movie where if you know what happens beforehand it will not be anywhere near as good

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Daybreakers

In a world 10 years into the future, vampires make up the vast majority of the population with only 5% of the human race remaining. This presents particular challenges as the vampires' food supply - human blood - is dwindling and rationing is now the norm. There is growing evidence that vampires deprived of an adequate blood supply are themselves evolving into wild, vile creatures that attack anyone and anything in order to survive. Dr. Edward Dalton, a vampire and hematologist who works for a pharmaceutical firm, has been working on finding an artificial blood supply that will meet the vampire society's needs.

I actually enjoyed the movie, as it took the chance to deviate from the "current vampire franchise". It is pretty gritty sometimes (e.g. the devolved variants of the vampires or people torn apart during feeding frenzies) and the dystopian sci-fi element was developed very well. The movie also has some downsides: The character development is sped up during the end (e.g. Ed's and Audrey's relationship; the daughter of the boss changing etc.) and why on earth did they have to stick to the "vampire fact" that impaling them with a wooden object makes them burst into flames?

7/10
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    I saw The Avengers last night. I wouldn't say that it's better than The Dark Knight, but it's certainly the best Marvel movie. The difference in their tone makes that an odd comparison, in my opinion, but lots of people are making it.

As for the movie itself, I found the cast to be entertaining, the plot to be passable, and the effects to be excellent. My only real complaint would be that
    Spoiler

Also, I found the actor playing Loki to be one of the better superhero movie villains I've seen. IIRC, he wasn't nearly that good in Thor, but it might have something to do with Joss Whedon writing this movie. As expected, Whedon's writing is sharp, somewhat clichéd, but ultimately endearing. He writes the characters with flare, and the interplay & banter between the team is what really makes the film.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Dark Shadows
    7/10

This new movie is a Tim Burton realization of the old soap. I would put it as a humorous drama, nice to see a little more grown-up film after Alice in Wonderland from him. Speaking of which--it might have just been the film being staged in the 70s--but this one reminded me a little of the old Tim Burton back in the day, and I found a bit refreshing. I hope he is returning to his roots, especially with rumors of a second Beetlejuice floating around; and if he decides to direct it.