PC Gaming News
Page 229 of 369 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3690
    The Dark Knight Rises (Second viewing)

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see this movie a second time, and in the company of three lovely ladies no less. Without spoiling anything, what I noticed on second viewing is how more presence the soundtrack has in this movie. Especially during the opening scene the booming bass really matches well with the
    Spoiler

The soundtrack also picks up an incredible rhythm as the final showdown of the movie draws closer which for those who have seen the movie, involves
    Spoiler

While I still enjoyed the movie immensely, there were a few scenes that were a bit annoying, because they seemed to drag on too long, and felt a bit forced and insincere:
    Spoiler

Some of these scenes tend to grind the movie to a screeching halt. Others simply play on the emotions a bit too much, and my heart just wasn't in it. Plenty of other emotional scenes work, like for example most of the scenes involving Alfred.

I also noticed in this particular theater that they had cranked up the volume of the music so much, that it almost drowned out some of the dialogue. It literally felt like there was an orchestra playing right behind the screen, and many times I could not understand neither Bane or Batman.

There's also a few plot points that bother me more than they did the first viewing. For example:

Spoiler

Some of the one liners and gags got less laughs this time around. But the girls all seemed to agree that both catwoman and the cameo by Cillian Murphy were sexy as hell. I don't get what the deal is with Cillian Murphy, but apparently that is a girl's thing. I got great enjoyment by the physical acting by Tom Hardy. I loved it when the camera did this slow pan across his arms and you saw his fingers twitching like some adrenaline pumped psycho. Gary Oldman also did such a great job at portraying this slightly neurotic, but quite vulnerable character. Commisioner Gordon really is the star of this movie. You don't want him to die, but this movie does not hold back with his character's story at all. The part of Blake feels a bit off throughout the movie. I think most of the audience felt it was a bit weird to have this unknown character play such a big part in a movie that should probably be about Batman. But don't get me wrong, I don't mind that it is mostly not about Batman. But Blake just sticks out like a sore thumb.

I most certainly already mentioned it, but again even on second viewing the fight choreography is great. Bane has a couple of extremely violent bursts of power where he just unleashes a fury of blows on Batman, and it looks vicious. Again, this fits so well with the character of bane. And everything about the way Tom Hardy moves and poses is just really menacing. I can not give enough praise to this actor, for standing in the shadow of Heath Ledger's Joker and delivering such a wonderful performance.

Go see this movie.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 30-07-2012 at 00:29.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Rob, I was speculating along the same line as some of your points as well. I was thinking that perhaps Blake was rescued by Batman in the first movie at some point? I thought he seemed to imply that when he was talking to Bruce that first time.
    Spoiler

So apparently, The Hobbit is going to be a trilogy as well.

That..seems a bit tricky to me.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Hobbit as a trilogy?

Also

== Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    OK, here is my upcoming review announcement: I will see the Batman on Monday and have bought "John Carter from Mars" from a cheap Amazon offer and "Prince of Persia" for even less. Lets see if the later ones are as bad as critics have said or if they will actually entertain me during my Olympic breaks.

PS: OK, here are the first...

Prince of Persia - Sands of Time

Set in the mystical lands of Persia, a rogue prince and a mysterious princess race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time -- a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

First, I have never played the computer games, so I can't comment on how the movie borrowed story elements from them. Th eonly thing I can remember about them is that there is a lot of jumping and running along walls, which the film features a lot in its actions sequences. The fighting scenes are all PG-13 as you would expect from a Disney movie. The story follows the scheme of an computer game switching from "cinematic cut scenes" to "jumping puzzles" to "fight scenes", changing places a lot. This way you kind of miss the development of story as it divides the "levels" very much. Gemma Atkinson as the "princess in distress" has a very volatile character, being nice, silly, stubborn and love struck all mixed up. Didn't like her really. Also Alfred Molina as Amar - a comic relief character - was too much and the moment Ben Kingsley made his appearance, you knew what his part will be in the end.
    OK, done with the nagging. Prince of Persia is a feel good escapism movie that has good set design and entertained me more than I expected.

7/10
    Last edited by Gorani; 03-08-2012 at 17:26.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Just caught the subbed version of Paprika on FilmFour (I really need to keep a better eye on that channel) and... I now have a headache trying to process it. It's quite possibly the biggest cinematic mindscrew I've seen in years.

Not a bad thing, I should add.

Oh dear God, not The Hobbit. Wasn't Lord of the Rings enough? *shudders*

My boyfriend and I went to see the new Total Recall today. His idea, not mine. I vaguely remember the old one with Arnold, and I didn't like it from what I do recall (pardon the pun). I've never been a fan of sci-fi (unless you count Resident Evil as such), so I wasn't really expecting much from this movie. According to my boyfriend, this version is nothing like the original apart from the main guy's profession and a couple of names. The rest is all different, including the lack of Mars. I did get a chuckle out of the red-haired woman in the security scene; I wondered if they'd seriously use her again for the mask part the whole time. The movie as a whole wasn't too bad, even to someone like me who didn't like the original, but it's not something I'll hurry to buy on release day, and I doubt I'd buy it even if it was in the $5 bin at Walmart. It's just not my thing, but if you like sci-fi, action, and even the original, you'll probably appreciate it. I won't give it a rating because I really don't know what to give it based on these facts.

During the previews, they showed...Resident Evil Retribution!!! I'm super excited for that one! I'm going to make him take me to it; he won't take me to see The Dark Knight Rises or Breaking Dawn Part 2, so he's going to take me to this one! muhahahahaha

Here's the official trailer:

They also showed a preview for the next James Bond movie, Skyfall. It looks promising as well, but I don't know if we'll see it in theaters or not. Here's its trailer:

Thoughts?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i love to see the new resident evil movie, i have seen them all and they are all pretty good. (except for the second one tho, that one had not much story in it)
    now all i need is to wait for it to go on DVD, or maybe a decent cam when i can't wait.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

hehe I didn't even realize that was Alice until the zombies showed up. She looks so different with long hair.