PC Gaming News
Page 84 of 369 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
    Has anyone here seen Solomon Kane? It's been out for about a year now, and seems to have been released everywhere except the US.

I'm thinking about tracking down a copy (big fan of Robert E. Howard's work) and want to know if it's worth finding.

It's... good. Nothing more to say, it's boringly solid in it's action. There is nothing wrong with it, but nothing spectacular.

Easy A
    7/10

Plot: A high school girl spends the movie telling a social network the truth about various rumors that were spread about her, the first of which being her sleeping with a college guy over the weekend. The rumor then escalates to her sleeping with everyone, and guys start paying her gift cards so they can say she slept with them or did something with/to them, even though she's a virgin. The class is studying The Scarlet Letter, so she embroiders a red A all over her clothes at the sarcastic suggestion of a religious fanatic. But when the rumors get worse and worse and start getting to her, will she be able to get everyone who knows the truth (aka the guys she "slept" with) to tell the truth?

My Review: This movie looked very funny and it was. It's cute, and it's typical high school stuff - one rumor starts and circulates through the whole place. High school is a rumor mill and people will believe what they want to believe. I think it was kind of dumb though that the girl was so easily bribed. And the only reason she said she slept with someone over the weekend was to avoid going camping with her friend and her weird parents. I didn't see the chlamydia part coming, and I was expecting the snobby religious girl to have a deep dark secret, but that didn't happen. So yeah, the movie is cute and funny but it may be more of a chick flick (though my fiance was dying of laughter through the whole thing) for some guys. If you like Emma Stone and Amanda Bynes, you'll probably like it.

Did You Hear About the Morgans?
    7/10

Plot: A couple with a shaky marriage witnesses a murder and is forced to relocate under the Witness Protection Program. Along the way, they begin to rekindle their marriage and understand each other better.

My Review: When I first saw the commercials for this movie I thought it was going to be so stupid. But then it was on the movie channels and I caught it, and it was better than I thought. It's cute and funny, but the ending is predictable. Still, not a bad movie.

Outland (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/)
    Genre: Sci-Fi (Western)
    Director: Peter Hyams
    Starring: Sean Connery, Peter Boyle, Frances Sternhagen, John Ratzenberger

7/10

This is simply a revision of High Noon (one of the greatest Westerns ever), the plot of a Sheriff taking a solitary stand against overwhelming evil while all those he knows run, conform, or condemn him.

I was surprised that it was nominated for an Oscar and won some other awards, though, since having watched it numerous times over the years I wasn't really into it. The cinematography smacks a little too much of Alien, but that's outweighed by the casting and plot.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    You should have watched Zardoz if you want to see sci-fi with Sean Connery.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You should have watched Zardoz if you want to see sci-fi with Sean Connery.
    I am not sure anybody should refresh the image of Connery in red diapers.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Sean Connery in red diapers? *shudders*

Uh...last movie I saw was actually on TV; the Resident Evil CGI movie, Degeneration. I think I've already rated it though but just in case it gets 8/10 from me; I prefer it to the live action ones. Some parts are just kind of confusing to me. They're making a sequel to this one as well, I believe it will be called Damnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Wolf View Post
    Sean Connery in red diapers? *shudders*
    What? You haven't been paying attention! (alas, poor thread, we barely knew ye)

I also used it as a trump in the R/P/S thread.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    I am not sure anybody should refresh the image of Connery in red diapers.
    I prefer to think of them as "awesome pants".

Still, on the topic of spaceConnery, you might as well throw in Highlander2 the Sickening into that bowl of slopness.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    They never made Highlander 2, or Matrix 3.

/denial
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about