PC Gaming News
Page 9 of 370 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    This thread is making me want to rewatch the trilogy. (or maybe just the latter two, so I can be more objective)

I'd rate the original as a 9.5 or 10/10, but haven't watched the other two enough to grade from memory.

9, 8 and 5 for me. The third one lost a lot to the predictable plot that was handled as if unpredictable.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by The Boz; 15-09-2009 at 18:50.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozos Of Bones View Post
    9, 8 and 5 for me. The third one lost a lot to the predictable plot that was handled as if unpredictable.
    Spoiler tag much? I mean not everyone saw all those movies..

I dont think it was supposed to be unpredictable tough, rather inevetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozos Of Bones View Post
    I guess I'd say 10, 4, and 3. The reason the first was as good as it seemed is because it tied all the existentialism into the plot - there was almost none of that in the two subsequent films, which were pretty much about already explored (cough-trite-cough) themes of 'what makes us human' and messianic concepts.

Moving on, I thought I had already covered this:

The Woman in Black

Year: 1989, novel published 1983
    Genre: Horror (suspense)
    Writer:Susan Hill (book), Nigel Kneale (film)
    Director: Herbert Wise
    Starring: Adrian Rawlins

Personal Rating: 10/10

UGH! I can still feel the hair on my neck stand up when I think about this movie. Despite extremely slow pacing for the short-attention-span types, this TV movie is scarier than The Exorcist while lacking the gross-out quality.
    Last edited by jmervyn; 15-09-2009 at 19:01.

I just looked through this thread, and wow, I would have had some comments for people if I were around when they were originally posted. (For the record, I agree with the 1/10 for Monty Python :P ) Anywho...

The Illusionist

Plot
    Possible spoilers, so...
    Spoiler

Story
    The story for the movie was very well written, with many twists and turns in it. I remember thinking to myself "Huh... Didn't see *that* coming" several times.

Cast
    Edward Norton, Rufus Sewell, and Paul Giamatti do amazing jobs in their roles, but I would have to give the gold star to Giamatti. Jessica Biel is good, but the other 3 surpass her quite easily.

Rating
    8.5/10

If you want something that is easy to watch, yet looking for an in-depth plot with several twists and turns, this is a good flick. I liken it to The Prestige, but these two movies are not one and the same.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The cube trilogy (9/10)

Interesting concept, and well played. I really like the idea of traps, but in this case, there was the whole concept of how people tried to reason their way out, and what the cube was for, that was also interesting.

The cube (9/10)
    The cube^2 (10/10 if in the right mindset)
    The cube zero (7/10)

The cube^2 has to be seen knowing that the traps are all related to space-time distortions in some way.

The cube zero attempted to show both from within and from outside the cube, imo destroying much of the mistery that made the previous 2 movies so good. Not a bad movie, but I think they went a bit too far into trying to explain the cube.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    The cube trilogy (9/10)

Interesting concept, and well played. I really like the idea of traps, but in this case, there was the whole concept of how people tried to reason their way out, and what the cube was for, that was also interesting.

The cube (9/10)
    The cube^2 (10/10 if in the right mindset)
    The cube zero (7/10)

The cube^2 has to be seen knowing that the traps are all related to space-time distortions in some way.

The cube zero attempted to show both from within and from outside the cube, imo destroying much of the mistery that made the previous 2 movies so good. Not a bad movie, but I think they went a bit too far into trying to explain the cube.

I want to go back to the blue room!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Take a look at my blog about recently rated TV series & movies I have seen or I do recommend: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog.php?b=1652
    or just fantasy movies: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog.php?b=1394

I saw "Silent Hill" a few days ago and would say that out of the "horror video game adaptations" , this might be the best (Alone in the Dark was awful, and the Resident Evil ones pretty mediocre) >> 7 out of 10 <<

PS: I just saw that nobody has mentioned "Pan's Labyrinth" yet. This one is a must see !!!!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/

Director: Guillermo Del Torro
    No known actors outside of Spain I guess, but pretty good acting.
    Great story. It has everything, a war story, relationship drama, fantasy ... really indescribable.
    Captain Vidal is a character you will learn to hate and should be listed as one of the greatest villains of all time.
    Last edited by Gorani; 15-09-2009 at 21:21.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Anything made by Uwe Boll... 3/10 at best.

Unless I missed something...?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

You missed Postal, that movie is pure gold.