PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GW:EN English Manual

ftp://ftp.guildwars.com/downloads/gwen-manual-en.pdf

Well, we actually knew most things already...

Name of Charr leader is apparently...
    Spoiler

Sounds like a nasty dude. Can't wait to put the kitty down.

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

And of course he is a shaman, wearing a specific headpiece. Like I suggested a few threads back. Yep, this is still awesome news.

Not entirely on topic but can someone confirm that Rata Sum is located much too far north on this (official) map?

http://www.guildwars.com/downloads/e...-mapposter.jpg

That's practically right on top of Maguuma Stade.

(all the location labels seem to be off the mark)

*ed* And what is that dungeon entrance doing at the end of the Frost Gate mission?
    Last edited by ctarl; 22-08-2007 at 21:27.

Aw, I liked "Genghis Charr."

I found a bit of a problem here in the description of the snakelike Kraits:

Found along the Tarnished Coast, this species rivals even the Charr for viciousness and cruel ingenuity. These semi-intelligent creatures are vicious and xenophobic, attacking all other species on sight. Little is known about the krait, for the only place they can be found is within the Charr homelands. However, reports from Ascalonian freedom fighters working behind enemy lines describe an army of slithering, serpentine warriors that seem able to transform in the middle of battle into numerous—and much more dangerous—forms. The reports are incomplete at best, as survivors of these encounters are often too hysterical to recall any salient details.
    What? Can someone reconcile these two statements, or did ANet just mess up with the manual?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    They can be found at both places or Anet made a booboo

Found this in the Dwarf section, and I have a theory:
    Spoiler

My thoughts on it:
    Spoiler

Theory on why Rata Sum is too far North: someone put the label for the Tarnished Coast in place, then realized that Rata Sum (if placed properly) would overlap it. So, they just bumped it North a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    And of course he is a shaman, wearing a specific headpiece. Like I suggested a few threads back. Yep, this is still awesome news.
    Oy and I agreed with you much on it that (like the Covenant's Higher Arc) The Shamans were in control as false prophets using the titans words as law which they themselves passed down to the rest. Now that the titans are gone, this dude doesn't want to relinquish power along with the rest of the Shaman caste, using his power as means to justify his beliefs.

Pretty neat stuff, I still wanna put the kitty down though. Here kitty kitty kitty -wiggles a toy mouse-

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Sprite View Post
    Found this in the Dwarf section, and I have a theory:
    Spoiler
    Much like the Flame Seeker Prophecies hence we speculating Nightfall was originally supposed to partake during the event of Lich succeeding at the Fire Isles.

My thoughts on it:
    Spoiler
    This I disagree with. I still cannot see the connection between dwarf and a nymph-like race of beings. The current belief however is the fires of the Great Destroyer's rain will melt most of the Shiver Peaks causing water to flood... my theory to go with this is the land is scorched and it's possible Melandru attempts to refurnish the land through her own means...

The other theory of mine follows the same but Melandru has no part in it. Instead both the Great Destroyer and The Great Dwarf Fall into a seemingly dead truce (no victor) and the result is King Jalis (who has been said to be a KEY part in this whole thing, that his survival is crucial) takes the throne as God Of War and Fire... the access energy (much like how Mallyx was capable to rise to power) is deposited throughout the land of Tyria, the energy manifests in the wild life created the Sylvari.

After all the Sylvari share very close characteristics with the tales of Nymphs, where right now the only difference I see, besides the wood elven look, is their birth. Nymphs were spiritual energy attaching to nature and assuming the element of which it comes into contact with.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 22-08-2007 at 22:37.

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Spoiler